News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 05:56AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 432
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 430
Total: 432

Not as expected ?

Started by Nomad, 05-11-19, 10:40AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7647555/Tesco-customer-disappointed-Christmas-wrap.html

QuoteA Tesco customer bought a mouth-watering turkey and trimmings wrap was left disappointed to find only a Scrooge-like amount filling.

Katie Brightwell was promised a delicious turkey, bacon, cranberry sauce with sage and onion stuffing mayonnaise in her tortilla.

But the 33-year-old instead discovered two measly morsels of turkey, a few spinach leaves as a smear of white and red condiment.

Any other stories like this.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

I had one of their fresh chicken and bacon pizzas when half price, the amount of chicken and bacon was miniscule so I emailed the photo of barcode, packaging and pizza to customer service expressing my disappointment, even at half price! They asked for proof of purchase, so I fished out the crumpled receipt and sent that photo....they then emailed me a voucher for less than I had paid, so when I queried this, their explanation was they couldn't read the crumpled receipt properly ???

So no one in customer service are competent enough to check on their systems as to the current price of an item on offer, but rely on the customer to tell them!! They then sent me another e mail voucher for 40p, I deleted both :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

There's a picture in the gallery of a piece of cake, proudly pronounced to DC staff as a celebration slice for each member of staff as a thank you.  The cake is beside a Swan Vesta match box, which is bigger than the piece of cake   8-) :'(  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://cherwell.org/2020/09/16/a-green-sheen-how-tescos-greenwashed-budget-brand-is-no-more-than-a-veneer/

QuoteWith this rising demand for ‘green’ foods and the Tesco Value line becoming a cultural meme synonymous with low quality, it is perhaps no surprise that the company decided to go for a more farmers’ market vibe. The range’s slogan ‘Farm grown’ somewhat states the obvious when it comes to selling fruit and vegetable products on a large scale; where else would these products have been grown? The Grower’s Harvest brand carefully goes as far as it can towards suggesting an organic ethos without actually having to commit to making that claim.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13229906/mum-mocked-tesco-prawns-underweight/

12.6% down on the stated E weight is no small amount I wonder how many packs are over by that %, I would hazard a guess at very few, if any.

I also find it strange that that use 'estimated' and not 'average', why not ?

I appreciate the difference between estimated, average and declared quantity,  I wonder how many of those criticising would return i.e. a 6 pack in which one bottle was nearly 13% down on content.  ??? 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/12/22/tesco-accused-of-being-misleading-after-shoppers-spot-labels-saying-british-carrots-were-grown-in-spain/

QuoteCustomers have been inundating the retailers’ social media channels since yesterday asking them to explain why they have put a Union Jack flag on the packaging too.

Tesco replied to one customer on Twitter last night (MON), writing: “Hello there, we try and have 12 months supply of UK carrots. But sometimes the weather means we just can’t quite make it and have to bring in some imports from Spain or France.

A Tesco spokesman said: “A small number of bags of our British carrots were incorrectly labelled as having been grown in Spain.

Don't see "inundated" and "a small number" fitting together.

Quote“We are sorry for the confusion caused and would like to reassure our customers that all of our carrots described as British are grown in the UK.”
Actually they're not, you just admitted they're not.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

experts at contradicting themselves. full of s**t and lies!!!

Nomad

NFUS shelf watch: Pork provenance probe reveals 'shocking' statistics

QuoteWhile some supermarkets are 100% committed to Scottish or British pork, or have a strong presence of home-produced products, others, particularly Tesco and Asda, are falling well short of what farmers and consumers would expect.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk