News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:49PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 297
Total: 301

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

part of the problem

Forgive me if I'm reading it wrong but you said tesco did not want to make you redundant telling you to go back to work but you went to great lengths to make sure you got made redundant. You then blame them for you losing your job!! I feel you may have thought nice Lump sum and go straight into another job but as it hasn't gone to plan tesco are getting the blame

Usman

Quote from: Haggis on 03-08-10, 03:15AM
I currently have the misfortune to be totally messed about by Tesco, I started 4th June on 3 month Temp contract, on 10th July myself and others were given our notice due to shrinkage and going over budget on wages (nonsense for the company claiming 3.14 bn profit), my wages had not been paid to my bank as requeted instead they were paid to a Tuxedo card set up on my behalf by Tesco, to top it all my wages are short by hundreds of pounds which I am now going to have to fight for.

I worked night shift shelf filling, can I ask someone to explain some of the wages rates as I have found with Tesco you get a different answer with everyone. I am just trying to work out what I have been paid for.

I know Basic Rate, Night P1 (10pm-Midnight) and Night P2 (Midnight-6am).

What is Night 1, also what are the rates for OTIME NT & NSUN OT?

Thanks in advance

Did you manager to get the card thing sorted? I was told that when this happens it's easily sorted out by telling the manager. But I've also heard from people who have done that and still not had any change. I was just curious if you'd tried telling your manager?

[admin]Usman, you may not have noticed but you have replied to a post made over 7 years ago, also the author is no longer a member.[/admin]

Fair play

Community champion was told this week that the job no longer exists gone by the end of this week

lucgeo

Yeah Usman!!!

Stop trying to rush that manager into getting it sorted!!

Your just soooo impatient :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

Fair play,

First I've heard ??? Is the champion being offered redundancy??

Fair play

Not in our store no, trying to find her another position but she was well upset as she only found out yesterday by another source.

londoner83

Is that a company wide decision to get rid of community champions or just selected stores?

lucgeo

If the job no longer exists, then it's redundancy! I think this may be isolated to your store for some reason  ???

Fair play

Don't know if it's every store but it's definitely more then ours. There was a get together today in our store with other community champions. Not happy.

Mickymouse1962

Heard all in house security going

JL

Any idea when Micky?

Mickymouse1962

Not yet just told Union Ao  it looks likely as most stores only have 1 tesco guard and it would make sence

JL

They'd be as well anytime a shop lifter needs held our guard goes for his dinner break leaving it to the  **** Duty. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi9U7k-YxGA

kaled78

apparently the company has scrapped farm to fork,that is probably why community champion hours are going

darklighter

Senior team going because their jobs are superflous due to current technology which will be implemented as costs are decreasing exponentially and many have been observed filling shelves which does not justify their wages as although they are doing this to justify their existence due to uncertainty about their jobs, it has backfired on them badly .

Store managers will be responsible for multiple stores.

Shift leaders introduced to store level to reset MM wage structure.

Community champion gone with hours on twilight being offered.

PM gone after Christmas along with compliance manager .

Shift leaders responsible for compliance and are being trained by those about to be made redundant.

belfast driver

Quote from: Mickymouse1962 on 16-11-17, 09:14PM
Is this just stores or is distribution getting hot as well?
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

gumbonumber5

Quote from: Mickymouse1962 on 16-11-17, 09:14PM
This rumour has been doing the rounds for years....

OvaSees

^ probably because the company seems to endlessly tinkering with security, it's structure and who it reports to, I'm not sure there is, or has ever been a cohesive plan for it.

I agree with what darklighter says but for slightly different reasons, the role that I think will see most transformation is the role of SM, the days where they can walk round pontificating and trying to look important are numbered, if you want to know what the SM of the future looks like just look at what Senior Team are doing today, they will be much more hands on with more specific operational responsibilities as they are in any other retail business - Tesco's thinking and structure in stores no longer serves the purpose needed and is very far behind the industry.

JL

Why not just have a good amount of GAs, a few Shift Leaders and an SM in the largest of stores. The Shift Leaders will do the LM job on reduced rate and the SM will make sure all is being done and report to head office. The SM could oversee a few stores in the group with the Store Director overseeing them all.

Totot

This will happened all the time as long as tosco got the same leader.  Type of leader that more worry about their position and pay rather than real manager t manage a business.  Its been too long we had loads of managers who don't understand a modern way of retailing. Stuck in the era of 80's and 90's.

So sad sometimes hearing and looking what these big bosses come up with, along with some lower manager.  More into cutting cost without thinking of basic fundamental business organization.  Don't bother about effectiveness and efficiency as a big retailing company. It is retailing company in the first place fgs.

So many times SM or upper manager came to shop just discussed about putting things on the shelf, do it this way, it is not high enough, think that front end as the best place ( unless tosco still have that policy that suppliers pay more for placing their stuff on certain shelves ). Make a decision or policy base on one accident, try to find one wrong thing from staff regardless all the good thing.

How about start thinking about cost to resources ratio. How about start thinking about volume against time and staff cost ratio. How about start thinking about the ratio of size of the self with profit. How about listen to people who work on the bottom on the pile what is the problem. How about start doing carrot and stick properly, not give carrot to the lazy staff and stick for a hard working staff. How about start thinking of strategy, "meat and vegetables" for sale, what is pull what is bind if they can understand that.
And for once, how about start trusting your employees and stop accusing us for stealing in so many ways, how about start thinking that the system is bad, hey we loose a lot of money just from self service that got simple bug need to be fixed but no one care, and these people don't even understand what it is all about.

And they wonder why company like aldi or lidl grow so fast, because they do what a retailers have to do, not like a company who tinkering to much about anything but the retail business itself. If you want to cut a cost, cut it where it needed. But again, it is not about how to make tosco a good retailer, but to save their position and pay. Such a shame a big family of company years ago that make this company big and now been chipped so much with new generation.

londoner83

Like I've posted before if a store can run on one of its busiest days (a Sunday) with 1 ST and at most 2-3 TM why do we need 30+ managers on other days of the week.

Once OT booking/holidays etc is done online by staff why pay 30+ managers pay.

TM can easily do ST tasks at much cheaper cost. If they can't they should be replaced.

If SMs were held accountable do you you need a SD?

optout

I agree, if a store manager is to look after several stores, why have their superior? why not have an area sd and NO store managers? Just shift-leaders.

Lets cut out the middle-man.

An obvious advantage is a more direct reporting structure to executive level, which is where decisions are supposed to be made.

In a customer focused business, i would have thought that, the shorter the reporting route between customer and executive, the better.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Biker33

Any other community champion job going?

lucgeo

Not in my area, they know nothing about it  ???

redders

The champion in my old store has been told there jobs going but they will find them something else in store and the farm to fork lady is going back to dot com when the current visits are done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk