Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 07:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 128
Total: 130

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer10

Is it not a government law that you have 4 weeks notice to opt out.

sfo

That's what I thought unless they had written to you informing of your right to opt out . Manager told me yesterday that Tesco have done a deal with Pauline foulkes to get round it. Whether it's legal or not I don't know

his scots tie

Should be 12 weeks notice to opt out of sundays but usdaw have agreed with Tesco that only 4 weeks notice is needed to opt out

sfo

I think this has changed in the last week

sfo

Also look at yougov site opting out of Sunday

bugsbunny

Phone Leigh Day or ACAS and ask them

sfo

Doesn't affect me I opted out a month ago .my post was purely for information

Hammer10

Typical being shafted again not happy taking our money now want to change the rules when it don't suit them.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

forrestgimp

Quote from: his scots tie on 02-08-18, 01:14PM
Should be 12 weeks notice to opt out of sundays but usdaw have agreed with Tesco that only 4 weeks notice is needed to opt out

Its 12 weeks unless you are not informed about your right to opt out at the start of your employment on a sunday then it is 4 weeks. Thats on the .gov website I linked earlier in the thread.

So regardless of what the union negotiate its legislation.

hot_chick

Its 4 weeks unless something has changed in a week. As the opt in opt out form has been given to a few staff members both retail perm and flexi to sign again since this whole pay deal cut came to light.

The 4 weeks notice is stated on the form.

Loki

Quote from: forrestgimp on 02-08-18, 04:13PM

Its 12 weeks unless you are not informed about your right to opt out at the start of your employment on a sunday then it is 4 weeks. Thats on the .gov website I linked earlier in the thread.

Indeed. However, only 4 weeks notice is required for Tesco employees. This has been agreed with the Union so that is all that is required instead of waiting 12 weeks.

Employment Legislation is there to protect employees regarding all matters of employment. If a company agrees to provide that which exceeds the minimum requirements regarding legislation ie notice periods, representation during investigatory stage, then that is what one goes by.

Not rocket science.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Duracell

Call me sceptical but usually T are quite informed and preemptive, if you look at most adjustments that seem to offer more, very often it is a preemptive shift to what they will inevitably have to give anyway. Just curious and sceptical that it may come anyway.

Spare a thought with all that is going on! Or is it a pay off for the Pay fiasco, a weak one but you know what they are like.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Loki

You referring to the living wage come 2020?

Duracell

I suspect ( based on history of how they do things) that the statutory notification of opt out may be reduced. ( presuming I understand the content of the previous posts).

Usaually when I see what appears to be a plus to me I am sceptical for up to 12 months for legislation to award it anyway, but if T can use an early change and spun it to their advantage they will, usually at a time they are kicking you in the nuts.

So is the 4 weeks over and above the minimum new or established if it's new, then it is no coincidence to me it comes with a shafting regarding Sundays and I wouldn't be at all suprised if it becomes mandatory soon.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Loki on 02-08-18, 05:22PM
Quote from: forrestgimp on 02-08-18, 04:13PM

Indeed. However, only 4 weeks notice is required for Tesco employees. This has been agreed with the Union so that is all that is required instead of waiting 12 weeks.

Employment Legislation is there to protect employees regarding all matters of employment. If a company agrees to provide that which exceeds the minimum requirements regarding legislation ie notice periods, representation during investigatory stage, then that is what one goes by.

Not rocket science.

That probably means they didnt bother to inform anyone of their right to opt out of sunday working to get round the 4 week rule because they were happy to allow it, So I would assume that everyone affected can still stop sunday working with only 4 weeks notice as per regulations.

mexicopete

I had a little chuckle to myself watching the BBC news at 6 this evening when the reporter was pontificating on how someone with an average mortgage of £112,000 would be paying £14 per month more because of the 0.25% interest rate rise and how would they be able to afford the extra on their monthly outgoings....whilst also thinking to myself how l have had an alleged 10% plus pay rise and find myself over £40 worse off every 4 weeks..it's funny old world ain't it  :question: :question: :question: :question: ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

JL

Mexico "Funny" isnt strong enough a word

his scots tie

Quote from: Martyness on 01-08-18, 08:27AM
Hi, long time reader but first time commenting.

My SM was at a meeting yesterday where our pay cut was brought up and discussed at length. Alot of SM's in my region are unhappy with whats happened, lack of open and honest communication to all of us and having to be put in uncomfortable situations due to this stealth cut.

From what they've been told it's currently being looked into by the Leadership People Team. They've got alot of examples of the pay cuts we're taking between july and november and for others even after that (when compared to our wage at £8.02 with time and a half)

If anything will change or if there will be some form of compensation is yet to be seen but atleast our voices are being heard.
What conclusion have the Leadership People Team come to.? Or are they all to busy filling up toilet rolls.

Loki

Quote from: forrestgimp on 02-08-18, 06:56PM
That probably means they didnt bother to inform anyone of their right to opt out of sunday working to get round the 4 week rule because they were happy to allow it, So I would assume that everyone affected can still stop sunday working with only 4 weeks notice as per regulations.

We were informed at induction when I started. Sunday opt out has always been there for employees to read via Partnership Agreement and policy, old and new. It's always been 4 weeks and has always been made clear as per the old opt out forms and new.  It's nothing new my friend and was there under the old Partnership Agreement.

In fact, if you wish to opt out prior to the 4 week notice period and your manager agrees, then you can.

Like I said, Nothing new.

Loki

Quote from: Duracell on 02-08-18, 06:37PM
I suspect ( based on history of how they do things) that the statutory notification of opt out may be reduced. ( presuming I understand the content of the previous posts).

Usaually when I see what appears to be a plus to me I am sceptical for up to 12 months for legislation to award it anyway, but if T can use an early change and spun it to their advantage they will, usually at a time they are kicking you in the nuts.

So is the 4 weeks over and above the minimum new or established if it's new, then it is no coincidence to me it comes with a shafting regarding Sundays and I wouldn't be at all suprised if it becomes mandatory soon.

It's nothing new Duracell. Some people are making a mountain out of a molehill

Loki

When something is implemented within the company and members clearly express concern and ask questions, usually Usdaw would send Reps (at the very least) FAQ's to relay to members.

It comes as no surprise that on this occasion, with regards to the Sunday/BH premium cuts, in particular the 5 month gap, they choose to remain silent.

The only response they have provided individual emails with is a cut and paste exercise from previous announcements to do with the pay deal.

Their silence is deafening.

Littlehelpsvery

Why is anybody surprised with usdaw guys! Vote with your feet and leave the union! Absolute tripe they are anyway!

Littlehelpsvery

Most people pay the union about £100 a year! Surely you could better spend this money cancel your membership now

TillyTuttles

I spoke to my manager who I knew wouldn't be any use, asked her to bring the issue up with regional HR who just said it was a done deal that the union had signed off.  Was told by the union to speak to employee union rep which I have and said I want a face to face meeting with the union. I also mentioned that I would take it to the papers and wondered about doing a silent protest outside a superstore - that way might get some tv exposure?!
Also wondered about going to the Manchester Law firm who are dealing with the Tesco equal pay issue? Any thoughts? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk