News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 291
Total: 294

Traka

Started by baaar baraaa, 10-11-07, 03:44AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baaar baraaa

Has anyone seen the new Traka PDf file that has been placed on the VLH download links

Pay particular attention to page 15,

There have been a lot of instances were FLT drivers have crashed into the racking when the Traka system on the FLT's has failed.
The truck veers sharply to the left without any warning and as the truck has fly-by wire steering there is now way of controlling the truck.
The driver is then disciplined and banned from the truck.

The management maintain that there is not a problem with Traka and electronically controlled steering.

This file shows that there is a known problem

sick_of_it_all

i can tell you from experience that there is a problem, iv had this happen to me no end of time.  luckly iv never taken the racking out.

British by birth, Welsh by the grace of God,  Magor 8 hours a day

crabbit

It has happened in Livingston as well, the brakes apply within .02secs and truck veers to the left>:(>:(
On 1 occasion it happened there was no-one around the operator in the aisle, he veered into the racking and ended up with a final written warning, so this info makes interesting reading, cheers baaar baraaa  ;)
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

bratzdoll

Seen similair things happen at Magor, ranging from Traka failures to over voltage in the FLT battery (will cause the FLT to react the same).

On each occasion the TM investigating had requested a report from Jungheinrich. The FLT stores all fault codes and allows the engineer to print them off and these can and are used in any accident investigation. On both occasions driver fault was removed and both allowed back onto FLT with no recourse.

If in doubt your USDAW rep is entitled to see the engineer report and request one if not already done so.

Excessive speed has never killed anyone...stopping very suddenly does though

BottleNeck

Any caught short in said circumstances may help themselves a little by showing the investigating TM a copy of this letter from TRAKA.

TRAKA H&S Notice.

Spam, it's Great!

The Mrs

redcar renegade

can anybody help me, cannot get link to traka pdf to work been a newbie still working out what to do. would help in middlesbrough d.c

[admin]A working link to the Traka pdf file (and other material) is in the VLH download section, the download section is only accessable to VLH Supporters.  Nomad [/admin]

redcar renegade

i notice that there is meant to be a link to Traka  H&S notice cannot get it to work any body able to post a copy please

Nomad

If you visit the downloads section (link to that is in the site panel on the left) you will find the link to download the Traka pdf file.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

builderbob

Too many no high-vis jackets! so much for a tight H&S company!

sureucan

On FLT could anyone that works in the Freezer chamber tell me if all the cabs are open or is there anyone out there work in a DC where they have enclosed cabs...thanks

HeadOfficeElf

Quote from: The Mrs on 22-05-09, 02:05AM
Traka explained - Thurrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QqnyK0B8RM

Just out of interest, did everyone featured in this video sign the right for their image to be used?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk