News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:43PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 286
Total: 289

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddie31

I have heard that there is a conference call on thursday. All sm, rd, group people mgrs all to attend. Rumours are they going to announce restructure of stores.

kaled78

we were told that was about the log books now going electronic from week 1,but who knows?

Redshoes

Electronic S&L books makes the outgoing role of stock/admin smaller. I also think that shift patterns on a app does the same. Managers will have to deal with colleagues complaining that holidays or shifts show wrong on the tablet so dept managers will have to ensure they are far enough ahead for it to be right. More work for individual managers and less for stock/admin.
I do think that soft structure changes will become forced but in my area this will have little impact as most have moved anyway. It could be that another round of soft structure changes are introduced. This enables people to move into other roles that become available and less redundancy so people who don't want to leave the company are not forced out. However, as we don't know what is coming it could be that the fresh stock admin manager has moved into a vulnerable role and may go into consultation anyway.

Jobless

Who gives a monkeys. It better not be night crews getting done away with now I've left. Hopefully we are all getting paid out for the equal pay claim.  :) £££  :D  ;)

trolleyboy96

Stock and Admin Managers have nothing to do with log books, don't have one, and when compliance manager went they don't distribute/audit/sign, effectively unless on duty don't touch a log book.

If some still are doing the compliance job then sorry more fool them as it's now store or lead team accountability.

Littlehelpsvery

Quote from: Freddie31 on 19-01-20, 10:08PM
I have heard that there is a conference call on thursday. All sm, rd, group people mgrs all to attend. Rumours are they going to announce restructure of stores.

If it's not announced on Thursday it will be leaked. Extras following the same structure as metros/express more than likely

Hammer10

Deja vu is this not the same time as last year. whose for the chop this time.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Littlehelpsvery on 20-01-20, 04:07PM
Quote from: Freddie31 on 19-01-20, 10:08PM

If it's not announced on Thursday it will be leaked. Extras following the same structure as metros/express more than likely

No one ever speaks about superstores makes me sad.

penguin

All express S.M to be on a zoom call on Thursday at 10am, and to be in a private area during the said call so something fairly big seems to be going on.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Mickymouse1962

Hope that the last of the tesco security are going was told by union it would be this year

Srgd2170

So are there any food stock managers still on here with any updates? I've been told the store managers are being put under a lot of pressure now Christmas is over to get them moved into other roles?

Mildew

SMs can't do that as the process is informal and any moves can simply be refused. If they want to force it they would have to go formal and that's a different ball game.  Too much store is being put on this weeks conference calls and zoom calls. They are business updates.

beentheredoneit

Thursday's zoom call about new wmty and no doubt the other new bits - on line rotas and s&l
beentheredoneit

cindyboo

Just wondering if wages are going yet its been two years since they first said wages were going. If everything is now on the new app  ! !!

londoner83

Think they will wait a few months till its embedded before doing anything to wages instore.

tink

Advice needed please!
I have been a victim of so called soft structure changes and I have been forced into a job role I do not want and did not apply for. I have expressed my feelings many times.
I have had no formal meetings and not signed any agreements to this change, yet I have received a new contract with a changed job code etc. I have asked who I should raise a grievance too but again this was ignored.
I am now job hunting but do feel I should a least raise a grievance or would it be pointless? Thanks in advance.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Mickymouse1962 on 21-01-20, 08:27AM
Hope that the last of the tesco security are going was told by union it would be this year

If it turns out to be true i will buy you a beer matey.

Mildew

Tink, if that's from the food stick mgr role you've every reason to take issue. The process is totally informal. Nothing can be enforced.

madness

What role did you end up with t?

tink

I was not a stock control manager, this was the only relevant topic I could find to ask for some advice about soft structure moves / changes as I too was always told you could not be forced into any other role.

Rad

Are you currently doing the job that it says on your new contract? Have they already moved you or are the proposinh to move you?

Toff

Heard its pfs mnger going and some service mongers size dependent,  good sources union briefing

Eewyn

I don't understand how the company could begin moving other roles into consultation and possibly redundancy, whilst leaving Food Stock Managers in limbo and trying to force these people into other roles through 'soft structure change'.

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: kaled78 on 20-01-20, 07:52AM
we were told that was about the log books now going electronic from week 1,but who knows?
Surely you wouldn't hold a conference call for Log Books???  ;D ;D

beentheredoneit

You certainly would if it was such a large change as this. All s & l recorded done online so can be centrally checked instantly. As a company we are pretty bad at written ones - perhaps this way we will be forced to do properly.
beentheredoneit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk