News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 04:48AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,902
  • Latest: Adrian
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,414
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 501
Total: 502

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

8-) informal request - informal reply...spot on  8-)
We used to have a manager when trying to "cajole" people always start the conversation with, "I'll deny ever saying this but..." and then insist you do what she proposed, or face consequences. People quickly learnt to just turn and walk away, stating they couldn't hear her as she wasn't saying anything  :thumbup: :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Mildew

Wmty complete.  I think I made my feelings abundantly clear.

beentheredoneit

Has anyone heard of a temporary freeze on management moves / recruitment.
beentheredoneit

Mildew

No I haven't heard that.  Does anyone else have it in black and white the six month time frame as described in the first informal meeting?

DJL

It's in the original brief which we got in August. 3 months in the first instance then up to 6 to agree an informal move from role

Mildew

It is , but i was been specifically told we were not allowed to have a copy of the brief at any point. Do you possess a copy DJL?

Wirey2020

Maybe m360 could help??

Mildew

I have it in black and white I just wondered if anyone else has.  It's not the briefing though.

Wirey2020

No, not given anything.

Mildew

DJL

Not think I have an actual copy, but I've read it and it does say that! I must have a look to see if it's about thd office, if not can you pls post onto here?

Mildew

Odd, I wasn't even allowed to read it and over the months I was categorically told I could not have a copy.

DJL

So do you have a copy? As you have mentioned a couple of times that you have it in 'black and white?'

TBF I looked at it on the off chance and should have taken the opportunity to copy it but never thought at the time!

Mildew

I do but I can't post it. I have it as part of the action I took against the process that I mentioned some time ago. I had a response which had to be hard copied to me .

Wirey2020

So your grievance got stone walled with process and paperwork to back it up?

Mildew

Exactly what I wanted

DJL

What was your grievance about, and who heard it? I'm assuming it was rejected and you were told to wait out the 6 month informal process?

Back in August when this was 'announced' there was a real uncertainty about what the job was going to look like, and given the huge simplification made by the company with subsequent hours removed from the dept, there must be a plan.  Like others, and let me know if your in the same situation, the role of a Food Stock Manager is now obsolete.  With the continual efficiencies being made from the colleagues, why are managers not as affected, because I can safely say I have nothing to do.  As soon as I come into work and catch up with my team, say after 20 mins, that's me twiddling my thumbs roll tea time, lunch time and then waiting to go home; I get paid a decent wage and some would love this kind of work environment however I can't, I need to be busy, I always was, but now the job is no more, we need to be given an appropriate answer on our futures!

Mildew

My grievance had several points running into pages.  The response was simply a repetition of what I was putting the grievance in against. Farcical.  It clearly states a six month time frame which brings us to this month. Although who knows, the group next to mine was informed of the job removal three weeks before I was told, so depends what the starting date you look from.

Mildew

I was told in the second week of September. My grievance was heard by a group pm

DJL

So is there something stopping you from posting the document; notes, names ect? It would be a very useful item to have.

I was formally told, at a meeting with SM, my role was to be informally removed and all Are to move to Stock and Admin Manager.  First 3 months to advise me of told I 'could' apply for and this will go up to 6 months if no movement.  There has, and never will be, any movement from my point of view.

I asked several times what would happen after 6 months, no response, just 'wait and see' and given I was spoken to W/C 26th Aug, that timeframe is now into its final days

Mildew

Unfortunately that's the case DJL , too much personal information is on it. I totally agree with you. We are in the final month of a timeline imposed by them. The term formal process was used in the initial informal talk for the end of the six months. I do hope it wasn't used to scare people into vacancies. They now need to follow this through to its natural conclusion and a formal process for those of us left.

NightAndDay

You should ask what happens after 6 months with at least the knowledge of the minimum that is required by law if for nothing else to avoid the situation where Tesco dismisses you without paying redundancy citing offering reasonable alternatives or taking reasonable steps, Tesco has been sucessfully sued for constructive dismissal before for bungling the consultation process.

DJL

That's totally understandable, I'm sure I will source one from my store.

I did think the role was going to be removed as part of the Stock Control simplification in May, as it didn't make sense to me then why I was being kept on, and now all these months down the line I'm confused as to why I am still doing a job with little routine!

I'm hoping there will be further clarity in the next 2 weeks, otherwise I will probably go down the Grievance Route like yourself, to try get an end to this last 6 months of uncertainty and mental torture!

Good luck

Mildew

I'm now taking this further up the food chain . The impact on mental well being is totally unacceptable. Gods luck to you also DJL.

DJL

I asked that at the very start, NightandDay, and was told it was unclear and had to wait.

After your last comments I have looked further into the legal point of view, and have given clear indications about my personal circumstances and my continued objections to any move of role, everything I have been offered, and it's been very little, have been totally unsuitable  based on my personal circumstances.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk