News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:22PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 310
Total: 316

Investigatory

Started by dfl, 04-01-17, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Pope

Omg, far far too close! Firstly you should raise a concern around impartial person completing the investigation- the union are wrong makes my blood boil you pay subs to be represented and you are entitled to have a rep at ALL meetings so demand you are represented- Tesco will not be able to hold meeting if your rep is not present. You should describe that with such a serious allegation - which I presume your denying that you can not work in the same store it's made your position untenable and you feel to keep yourself at work you need to work elsewhere, or they do .

lackofinterest

Quote from: Shelfstacker990 on 22-03-18, 11:17PM
The girl who said I did this has her whole family in the shop and he brother is sleeping with the store manager and goes out drinking with my manager who's holding this meeting and their mum is an admin to my store manager I feel really like they just want me out. I rang the union they said I only need a rep it it goes to disaplanery?! In the meeting should I ask for a transfer to another store?
WHAT??? bullc**p!! you DEFFO need a rep at the investigation!! DO NOT go in without a rep OF YOUR CHOICE. your entitlement!! also you have a choice as to who does and doesnt hold the meeting. it should state that in your letter. i personally would sue this individual for defamation of character or something along those lines. good luck!

Olivia Pope

You can raise a grievance against the way the meetings / investigation is being held they have to hear your grievance first .

But agree GET A REP thus is serious

Shelfstacker990

It's defiantly a bad situation I mean they have no proof of nothing because they have been telling the whole shop that I done it through Snapchat and the whole shop has made my life hell the past two weeks and now I know Why!!! I am shocked as I did class this girl as a very very good friend of mine!!! The store rep is also friends with the family.... I will ring them again tomorrow the meeting is this Saturday I shall keep you guys posted. The only thing I can think of is they move me out of the shop because when he gave me the letter he also gave me a holiday form and I am down in the Rota to work bank holiday Monday and good friday

lackofinterest

i would go on the sick with work related stress and while off contact a solicitor. sounds like youve got no chance with these scumbags in your store >:(

Shelfstacker990

Thank you for all of the advice if they do fire me I will most deffinatly sue them!!!  >:( what upsets me more is that I do slot from that store cover double shifts come in an hour early unpaid sometimes work through my breaks to help others!

part of the problem

In your original post you said pictures and messages. Is it just the picture they are accusing you of or is there alleged messages too? If it's all snap chat then unless she did a screen shot it will be gone but obviously text or messages are different. If you can prove she asked you out that may also help you. The only way she could try and prove it happened on snap chat without a screen shot  is to have a witness.

JL

Just say someone hacked you. 

Shelfstacker990

It just seems the whole management are against me because the family are so involved in the shop!!

lucgeo

What was the outcome  ??? ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Shelfstacker990

They have no evidence but their still investigating

Father D. Byrne

I have a question of my own, for those who are able and willing to answer it.

I have been invited to an investigation with both of my line managers for late sick notes when recovering from surgery a few weeks ago. The first of these was indeed late and I accept that. I have my reasons, although my managers are robots and won't care about those, but I accept the responsibility. The second, however, falls under the addendum of "exceptional circumstances", as I only ordered the second note after accidentally opening a few stitches. This happened after the three day period, yes, but is that a reasonable excuse for not having the note delivered in those three days?

And what is likely to be the outcome for delivering the first note late?

I should add that I deliberately asked a different manager who was monitoring the sick line when I called when I should deliver the first note and she informed me to do so at my convenience, but I can't prove that in a meeting, obviously. My fault for taking her at her word and not reading the absence policy instead.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and respond.

Walker

Just say you didn't know about the deadline, all you knew was you were supposed to get a sick note which you did.

Ask them, in the presence of the rep, what steps they are going to take to support you through your illness.

thecleaningwoman

You might get a smack Wrist  ;) only thing why order a sick note , did you not go to a doctor  ?

Father D. Byrne

I went to my GP for the first note, as I had an appointment scheduled for one week after the surgery anyway. My line managers knew that I would be doing this because I discussed post-op recovery time with them before I had the surgery.

I ordered the second note on the phone because I popped a couple of stitches and didn't feel comfortable with heavy lifting. My line managers knew about this too because I spoke with them on the phone that same day, specifically to tell them that I was having the time off extended for that reason. My health matters most, after all.

Father D. Byrne

Quote from: Walker on 09-09-18, 10:33PM

Just say you didn't know about the deadline, all you knew was you were supposed to get a sick note which you did.

Ask them, in the presence of the rep, what steps they are going to take to support you through your illness.

Is ignorance a reasonable excuse? I've heard them say before, for other matters involving other people, that it is not.

Walker

It depends, lol.

Realistically, though, the sickness absence policy explicitly says that you should only face disciplinary action if you persistently fail to give them the paperwork after the deadline.

Two occasions isn't really 'persistently' especially if you didn't even know about the requirements.

Father D. Byrne

I thought that it was excessive myself. It also doesn't hurt that exceptional circumstances explain the second instance, so they're really only investigating one case of lateness, although my managers said that they're investigating two.

I genuinely despise the both of them. The amount of shady things that we've reported them for by this point defies belief.

Walker

HM... Frankly, I'd let them do whatever while looking for another job. There's life outside of Tesco. If you have such a bad relationship with your managers life is going to be miserable within it.

Father D. Byrne

The funny part is that I'm leaving next month for something much better. I'm just not going to tell them that yet and I'm not going to give them an inch in this investigation anyway. The pair of lackspittles don't deserve one.

Should be a fun investigation. I'm looking forward to it.

thecleaningwoman

Well done you , sort of thing i would do , GOOD LUCK in the future

Father D. Byrne

Hey, everybody. Another question here, one I'd like answered by somebody who knows the policy (as I cannot find it online).

Following an investigation, am I allowed to share my copy of the investigation notes, or extracts of them, if I wish to file an official complaint due to the unprofessional conduct of other parties within the meeting? If anybody can link me to the policy itself, that would also be a tremendous help.

terra

You are entitled to the notes if it goes to disciplinary however I am not aware that you are entitled to them if it doesn't. Nothing can stop you making a formal request and if they say no you can bring it into your grievance

Me2015

Quote from: Blondie on 18-09-18, 03:20AM
Hey, everybody. Another question here, one I'd like answered by somebody who knows the policy (as I cannot find it online).

Following an investigation, am I allowed to share my copy of the investigation notes, or extracts of them, if I wish to file an official complaint due to the unprofessional conduct of other parties within the meeting? If anybody can link me to the policy itself, that would also be a tremendous help.

Share with who and for what purpose?
If a grievance then you would use the notes as part of this process to back your claims

Nomad

I always made written requests for any documents I felt I needed and were entitled to (perhaps some I was not), never accept a verbal reply request in writing/reply in writing is the correct way.

Evidence/notes can be shared with anybody you feel could assist your case.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk