Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:26PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,120
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 295
Total: 299

How long is a disciplinary/dismissal process really meant to take?

Started by ducksquad99, 31-12-17, 04:38PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londoner83

To have an impartial investigation I'd suggest manager A and B was in no way involved.

Manager A is key in your defence as they authorised you leaving early ; and Manager B obviously feels put out by you going early so is unlikely to come to a fair unbiased opinion.

I'd suggest they need Manager C  and  D to come and hear it.

Critchly

I completely agree but how would they go about asking for that?  And can they?

londoner83

Yes - a key part of the recent management disciplinary training was around impartial meetings.

Ask  for it. They may agree straight away as it's seems a reasonable request if they don't it's another ground to appeal on

lackofinterest

could somebody please tell me if a manager reports you to have an investigation, can that same manager carry out the investigation? if it goes to disciplinary can same manager hold that meeting? i wouldnt have thought so. doesnt seem right to me. thanks

claden

No the manager who reports you can not carry out an investigation and the manager who carried out the investigation can not carry out the disciplinary.

lackofinterest

thanks. is this written anywhere in policy? because if it is then theyve broke the policy and therefore out of process

JL

They never follow process to the letter in my store and even the company as a whole that is why they have lost so many unfair dismissal claims.

Muppetry

First post, so if it's in the wrong place, let me know! I've been contractually dismissed for gross misconduct, and I have appealed. The appeal was set for 4 weeks after my appeal went in, but it's suddenly been delayed. I've been kicked off OurTesco, so can't check, but is there a time limit that they have to hear it in? And if it's gross misconduct they were looking at, should I have been suspended? Thanks...

oldfashionedplayer

not entirely sure, from what I've found the appeal can be made up to 14 days after the outcome, and they are supposed to have an impartial manager meet with you and hear what you have to say usually within 14 days, 28 days for demotion or dismissal and if it's been scheduled longer than that or pushed back you should be notified of the date, but there should be a justifiable reason for it according to what it says...

Depending on the meeting with the appeals person will determine if the outcome originally was too harsh and you could be reinstated or lower punishment, or they could agree it was right and then you're basically screwed and out of the company.

Rad

Quote from: Muppetry on 23-09-18, 08:30PM
First post, so if it's in the wrong place, let me know! I've been contractually dismissed for gross misconduct, and I have appealed. The appeal was set for 4 weeks after my appeal went in, but it's suddenly been delayed. I've been kicked off OurTesco, so can't check, but is there a time limit that they have to hear it in? And if it's gross misconduct they were looking at, should I have been suspended? Thanks...
No you don't have to be suspended in potential gross misconduct cases.  Your rep should be able to help you.

Jangelmz

Hi guys,

I've just been dismissed for gross misconduct and I'm wondering if they still have to pay me for my remaining holidays? Looked up the government website and it states they do but I'm hoping someone has experience with it or can tell me for sure :)

Jangelmz

The new holiday year started on the 01 April 2019 so you'll have only earned about one day holiday.

madness

Gross misconduct is very serious and not taken lightly. What have the above two people done that they think they have been too harshly punished?

BounceyBall

Hey guys I need some help
I've been suspended pending and investigation and I've got my hearing tomorrow
Allegation of sexual harassment. Can I get dismissed for that or will my job be safe. I am a Harding working staff whose always on time and give 100% to everything what the store manager wants. Need to ASAP

lackofinterest

if somebody has complained you sexually harrassed them and it is proven beyond probability then it is very likely you will be dismissed. no easier way to put it sorry

BounceyBall

Literally can't do anything about it even if I didn't get any warnings at all

lackofinterest

if no witnesses were present best thing to do is deny everything in my opinion. some people would claim sexual harrassment if you put your arm around their shoulder for example.

lackofinterest

Quote from: BounceyBall on 13-06-19, 05:16PM
Literally can't do anything about it even if I didn't get any warnings at all
it's classed as gross misconduct so no previous warnings are neccessary

BounceyBall

The thing is they have proof so literally I done whatever happens

BounceyBall

Apparently it was through what's app it all happen I did not touch her at any point and I didn't make her uncomfortable

BounceyBall

She can only prove it through messages nothing else

lackofinterest

if the messages are sexually harrassing then i dont think you have a leg to stand on.

BounceyBall

They are not she just laughs every time I make a joke ok I do be rude but who doesn't

lackofinterest

some people take offence, some don't. this one obviously does. as she's reported you for it then i suspect they will take her side. you have to be very careful what you say to certain people these days. i for one don't communicate with any work colleagues through social media

BounceyBall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk