News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 290
Total: 294

New contract

Started by beahead, 10-10-20, 04:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beahead

Hi , a colleague  of mine has just applied for a new job in store , he had old contract,  he got offered new role , on new department,  does he have to now become a flexi worker? Apparently  if you take new role its nee flexibility  contract.

Robert Onedin.

I wouldn't have thought they should sign a new contract.Unless they actually left the company and were coming back now as basically a new employee there should be no reason to start on a new contract.Sounds like they want your friend with less entitlements and rights to be on a new contract to me. :o

lucgeo

Depends on the contract for the dept...new dept...new contract...its up to the colleague to determine beforehand whether the new position is to be flexi or fixed permanent contract. One good thing for having customer assistant, rather than dept specific...want me to work any dept?? No prob, but don't mess with my permanent contract, it's non negotiable.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

A change in job would trigger a new contract. However, new contracts being handed out now due to the pay rise.
A change to contract type is a different thing. Check with manager first though as we had one like this recently and it was just a processing error by wages. We are all human and mistakes can be made, on all sides.

lucgeo

The vacant position will already be determined as to contract type...and it will more than likely be a flexi contract. If your colleague is a good worker, then the manager may be willing to keep him on his permanent contract.

If everyone is to receive new contracts for the wage rise, then I urge you all to CHECK that new contract thoroughly before signing..." Processing errors" are way too common, and the wages clerk always the fall guy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Devon lover

I've just changed departments and signed a new contract because I reduced my hours.was asked what I was doing??I was just Reading the bloody thing just to make sure everything else was the same.

Fixxer

Ok interesting question here. My working arrangements wrt Tesco might be a bit different to others (I work 2 shifts a week as a method of me saving up for something I really want - I also have a full time job I enjoy immensely that pays the bills) so my 11.5hrs a week doesn't matter much to me. I've worked the same 11.5hrs on the same days in the same manner since I've started.

But I get brought a different contract to sign about once every 4 months or so. No Idea what's in it as I never read the thing. The boss knows I come to work at the times agreed and if they ever need to change them then I'll have to leave because it's the only times that fit with me so I'm really not bothered. Is it not a normal thing for everyone to have to sign a new contract almost constantly?

Should ask some of my colleagues later I suppose but It's never troubled me enough to worry about it.

blueberet

We get given a new contract every time we get a pay increase so it's probably that

ReliefCashier

Hi, my temp contract has been changed to perm 2/3 weeks ago but I still haven't received my new contract to read and sign and when queried yesterday I was told that they just didn't have the contract yet LOL! Any ideas on ways to get my new contract ASAP please?!

Katarn2000

Not really any way you can speed it up. The bit of paper isn't actually a contract though it's just a statement with some details about the contract. Your contract is an agreement between you and tesco and it isn't written down in a single document.

ReliefCashier

Quote from: Katarn2000 on 23-10-20, 04:02PM
Not really any way you can speed it up. The bit of paper isn't actually a contract though it's just a statement with some details about the contract. Your contract is an agreement between you and tesco and it isn't written down in a single document.

Ahh I see! Very sneaky! Surely this isn’t legal?

Katarn2000

It's a bit rubbish that they are slow to get you the updated written thing but it's all legal. Pretty sure it's just that the system takes a while to generate the contract.

Authorisations are done on a Wednesday, the new contract is available 9 days later on a Friday. In my store the delay is due to managers not handing them out. We've just had a pay rise so we had approximately 300 new contracts come down. It took me just over an hour to sort them into departments, they were then given to managers and up to today I've had 34 back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk