News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:59PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 292
Total: 294

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJL

They must surely be reviewing the Food Stock Manager role soon, how they can justify paying them for the little work they do is quite astonishing! 

I know I have nothing to do, my day passes so slowly and the only time I'm actually busy is when there are colleagues on holiday, even then it's not really a busy dept anymore!

Samantha

Thank you very much m360

keef1894

Sorry if this comes across as stupid lol. When you say idq been slightly relaxed, how does that change things I.e 15 min readings and actual queueing at front end thanks

Blackcat3

Do we know if pi are losing hours or are hours been changed thank you

trolleyboy96

Sorry small as in less workload for pi? Our teams already only do 7-11 evenings and 5-9 mornings with no cover thurs-sat evenings and none Saturday Sunday as only gets an hour on the heat map.

flowerpower

our pi team do 9pm til 6am spend most of night filling then morning shift are 7am til 1pm they don't do much at all do not help other depts. so does this mean pi will finally be put on to right hrs or can management continue putting their head in the sand and ignore what is going on

Witch69

Any thing happening with shift leaders in express store

StinkyPoo

Our pi currently do a full night shift, generally filling, and the day shift do 4-12. I'm thinking 7pm-midnight and 4-9 will be brought in.

penguin

Witch69 - no changes for shift leaders in express.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

flowerpower

sounds right our store was supposed to change to the hrs you mentioned about 2 years ago but it never happened all refused to move hrs will it be compulsory now do you think

StinkyPoo

Flowerpower, if that happens then what would happen to all our hours?  We'd all be drastically down on contracted hours. Maybe we'd work more than 1 department.

odif

What do you mean no  change to stockcontrol at the moment m360?After all the previous changes in metro surely nothing else can happr? >:D >:D

Mickymouse1962

M360 any thing about security I know there are only a few of us left

Blackcat3

@stinkypoo same on ours we have 2 full timers and part time staff as well so we would have a lot of hours cut

flowerpower

stinkypoo I know but back then they offered protected pay dont know if that would still happen hopefully they will use over hrs as multi skilled and we could at least keep ours hours and money   I'm not trying to scare people but you must remember all the fuss last time I think some people in other stores lost hrs as you say hrs are supposed to be 7 til 12 on batch one and 3 til 9 on batch 2

emma070706

the company want everyone who works within Tesco especially those in larger stores to be able to work on all departments  This limiting amount of over time spent because they can then take from over contracted departments (PI perhaps in most stores). In our store now we have atleast 7 members of staff that work on multiple departments.....work for 1 manager and that manager moves them to the other department on the MBH tablet.

King1999

Just find it a massive insult staff I worked with got made redundant and they were always willing to work on more than one department.Things are so tight in our store now all I can do is my stock routines nothing else,occasionally help on the backdoor when they are short for health and safety reasons......the scope has gone,it's just a miserable grind.Lets hope osi gets knocked on the head in the future redundancy will be most welcome.

penguin

Massive focus on OSI on our group right now, so doubt that's going anywhere anytime soon.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

King1999

Hopefully in the future,didn't appreciate having to investigate it all myself this year p**s take and some.

flowerpower

So when will stores concerned hear about this

Tattooyou

Hi does anybody know anything about the bakeries staying or going ?

Blackcat3

They said no change for bakery this year further up in the thread

Tattooyou

Thank you 👍

King1999

flowerpower .... if it's osi your asking about nothing yet it's just wishful thinking on my part.They did stop it in metros so you never know.

AudiTTman

Big change at front end guys and PI!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk