News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:07AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 274
Total: 277

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jethro

Hopefully nice redundancy package for skilled bakers  :thumbup:

Samuel137

I was thinking the same thing about bakers.
Hopefully at least some sort of news on it and for everyone else not knowing what's going on with their jobs.

Stockman

Any food stock control manager heard anything? Is a formal process coming or is it still under the banner of "soft structure"!!

beentheredoneit

Looks like we will all find out next week.
Fingers crossed
beentheredoneit

lordadmiral

Please scrap night fill, pay me off so i could study full time 'front end' developement ....

Mitzy 85

Stock control manager in my store looks after wages admin non food stock grocery fresh and merchandising. They have 2 people working on health and beauty stock control who work 7hrs a day between them who have to scan gap and some high value counts on a Wednesday, other than that they do nothing all day.

Siwel123

Are you sure they do nothing all day? As well as gaps and daily counts plus the big counts on a wednesday, surely they do osi as well? Gaps can take a while on non food side as well especially as lots of items are high value.

forrestgimp

I think the 'they do nothing all day' was /s  :)

Siwel123

Ah well that's made me look daft

Wirey2020

As it stands the business has yet to make a decision regarding the remaining stock control managers.

Mildew

The six month window ends in February.

Alnolda

I work full time night-shift and have done for the past 11 years.  A few days ago our whole night team was pulled to the side and was told there will be no more redundancy's and that if there are job losses on nights you will be offered the same hours through the day.

Is this a sign we are losing our nights, and is it even legal not to offer some form of redundancy??

[gmod]Unless you are a food stock manager your post would have been better elsewhere. [/gmod]

madness

Nights to days didn't and still hasn't landed well in alot of stores. Also the depots don't have the capacity to run fully at night.
Wage saving from nights in stores would be countered by the increased cost in the depot of night pickers drivers etc.

Nomad

Nights to days is not a reasonable alternative job offer, it can be excepted by the employee if they so wish but have every right not to accept it as reasonable, thereby qualifying for redundancy if no other reasonable offer made.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

madness

Maybe but Tesco will just offer minimum redundancy

NightAndDay

https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/suitable-alternative-employment

Noting the part about hours, days wouldn't be suitable, i'd also look up your rights as night workers, your contract job title may be "customer assistant" and not specify nights, but there may be legal mechanisms which prevent this being used as a get out of redundancy card.

DJL

Back to the topic of Food Stock Managers, would there be a general agreement now, that most have moved into a new role; be it 'forced' as some have mentioned or 'agreed' as others have, given nearly 6 months is up?

For those that haven't, are you still being given informal discussions and advised of new opportunities, or has this stopped? Do you know if there are roles within your current area, and if so are you being 'pushed' that way?

Like a few have mentioned, the original brief was 3 months then 6 for those left, that timeframe is about to conclude and I would appreciate any thoughts or new information!

Eewyn

I'm still in the same role. I had the initial brief in August but nothing since. No informal discussions and no updates of roles in my area (not that I would take any). The stock and admin role was a vacancy in my store between August and December, which they tried to move me into for the first couple of weeks after the brief. I refused it and now it has been filled.Interested to see what happens when the 6 month time frame is up.

forrestgimp

Its a disgraceful way to treat employees isnt it, leaving them in the dark for the best part of a whole year not very conducive to having good mental well being at the end of it.

DJL

Eewyn, are you a long term employee? Without giving too much away are there actual vacancies in your area? I know you have said you have refused and will continue to refuse any other roles, I'm the same, have done so since the off.  There are only two ways in which they will get me to leave my current role and that is by either accepting a new role (which I'm not going to do) or making me surplus to requirements and following prescribed process.

As a matter of interest, are you like myself, wanting about with nothing to do as the simplifications have taken effect?

forrestgimp I entirely agree, these last 6 months have been unbearable, not only am I being told my job is no longer within management structure with all my accountabilities moving to the Stock and Admin manager, I'm not getting any form of communication about what the future holds!  It's embarrassing stuff and certainly not Values lead which they go on and on about these days!!

beentheredoneit

I was told about other roles at the start, then again at a 3 month meeting. Since then Stock Admin became vacant and I was expected to move into that role. But I did that role year or so ago and it led to serious stress issues, so SM agreed that I shouldn't do it (I suspect he was advised that I would have a very strong case for constructive dismissal)
So no new stock admin manager appointed, instead the role was divided up and passed to other team managers (which as you can imagine went down very well).
So I still do food stock, although I have no job.
And await for news as to what they are going to do with me ....... I know what I want, but can't wait to find out.
beentheredoneit

Eewyn

I've been with the company 11 years, a manager for 6 years. There are no management vacancy posters on our vacancy board but I do know of a few through word of mouth. As I said, I've had no communication from my store manager regarding this. However, I haven't been made to feel pressured into taking another role at all. I was asked if I would like to take the stock and admin role and after I refused I heard nothing more of it. Maybe he's not bothering because I've already told him that I won't be accepting anything and he, like me, is waiting for the 6 months to see what the business comes up with next. The store I work in is the closest one to me, with the next closest superstore or extra roughly 10 miles away. I know that's not particularly far to travel compared to others but when I have the option to take a 5 minute walk to work, I don't really fancy changing to a 30+ minute drive considering traffic. I do find it difficult to fill my days now.

Mildew

Good afternoon fellow sufferers. I find myself in the same position as yourselves.  I have been a manager for well over twenty years and find the current circumstances totally unacceptable.  I am in an area with hardly any other stores nearby and have very limited mobility.  I would point blank refuse to take any vacancies, but there are none anyway and a high likelihood of none arising in the near future . The company has provided absolutely zero updates on our plight and their self imposed six month window is now looming. They clearly have no concern for our state of mind and how stressful this situation is.  Hopefully they do the right thing and put those of remaining in the role into a formal consultation process as described in the first informal meeting, unless that was used to scare managers into vacancies.

DJL

I've not had any pressure put into me about taking another role, I made myself clear I'm relation to my thoughts about moving role, not a chance am I taking a move without me instigating it; which I won't!

Hopefully they do the right thing by us and ensure the correct process is followed

Mildew

There can be no pressure applied. It's all informal, a situation of their own creation. If I get told informally to take a vacancy I will reply informally, get knotted .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk