News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 301
Total: 306

Colleague shop

Started by bornfree, 10-05-21, 06:25PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornfree

Does anybody know the impact on shrink and waste of the Colleague shop? Not the shopfloor CS reductions but the stuff out back. A neighbouring store colleague shops out of date products, discontinued but still in date longlife products (having set the stock records to zero first) and damaged but still sellable products. This doesn't seem right.  Our store sells all in date but damaged or discontinued products on a percentage reduction through reduced to clear to customers. Why would a store give away so much stock?

Rad

Sounds like you already know the answer to your question.

They are not following process.  I can't see any shrink benefits.  They cost themselves shrink by zeroing the bookstocks.  Then get it back once its been colleague shopped and they count the negative bookstock back to zero.

Where they benefit is on waste routines.

spike_pkh

May be click to zero products being given away through colleague shop

bornfree

Rad, I could see how it benefitted waste but couldn't see why shrink wouldn't go through the roof with setting stock to zero. So your explanation of how colleague shop works helped. Thank you

penguin

If its clear to zero it should not be added to colleague shop it should be physically removed from the premises prior to being zeroed, at end of the day the store is not following process and it will get picked up on. Might sound like I am being a bit of a jobsworth but sooner or later someone is going to end up in an investigation meeting for not following correct processes, is it really worth it.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

just curious

How does it get paid for ? , Does it have a yellow sticker on it to scan at the checkouts ? or does the barcode get crossed out so that it will not scan and show item movement on that item and then a Supervisor / Team support / manager puts the item through the checkout as a department sale not scanned therefore avoiding any trace of what the item could have been that was sold ?.

bornfree

I believe the items have a colleague shop sticker with Free £0.00 so doesn't need to go through checkouts. The items are out back in the colleague shop

penguin

If that is zeroed off clear to zero stock then the risk you run is someone putting one or more of the items through the till and then causing negative book stocks that various audits and reports will flag up, if your getting rid of zeroed stock like that you need to be hundred percent its not going to be scanned on the till and then paid for so to speak by someone scanning a staff discount card.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

ElderEnclave

Yeah that's against the policies and if I was you report them on the confidential hotline because if the store goes into an investigation they probably will hold everyone who knew.

When you zero stock that's because you DON'T have any stock, if you have stock and zero it that's theft!

cheesy cob

Cs stuff that has gone out of date that night and is still left in morning can we take to staff rest bite and have for breakfast or lunch or does it just have to be wasted off

whatajoke2019

If it's been manually added to the Colleague Shop on a PDA and stickered and the correct process followed (carry forward by one day) then it won't be a problem.

If it's got CS on the label from going through the reductions process you would have to manually add it otherwise it would have to be wasted.

bornfree

So is there a budget for Colleague Shopped stuff, separate from Shrink and waste? I'm guessing there must be somewhere this is recorded or is it even part of charity donations?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk