News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:49AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 276
Total: 281

Lloyds pharmacy

Started by Nomad, 14-12-18, 10:29AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Apparently I may be barred from Lloyds pharmacy after losing my cool (no threats made, no expletives used.)when medications for myself and/or spouse would not be supplied due to the fact we follow the NHS instructions that we exempt from the requirement to sign prescription(s).

https://contactcentreservices.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/selfnhsukokb/AskUs_PS/en-gb/7607/declarations/17551/i-am-aged-60-or-over-do-i-need-to-sign-the-back-of-my-prescription
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

Why won't you sign the form? Is there a medical condition preventing you signing or are you choosing not to sign?

Nomad

I choose not to sign as we are not required to, see link in my OP.

If you are age exempt from paying and age is printed (not hand written) then a signature is not required.  Nothing more annoying than persons who believe they can set the rules in contrary to the main authorities rules, bit like some Tesco MM  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

Is all this really worth it over filling in a form, ok so by rights you do not have to but what have you gained from not doing so.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

Do you sign documents you are not required to ?

What do I gain by signing ?

A more pertinent question is why are they asking me to sign when the NHS says clearly I am not required to do so.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

An alternative question would be, is there anything preventing Lloyd’s from asking for a signature.  As in, the nhs policy may not require Lloyd’s to get a signature, but does that mean Lloyd’s can’t have their own policy requiring that requires a signature?

lucgeo

Nothing to prevent Lloyd's from asking for a signature, nor for them to perhaps have their own policy on requiring a signature. Both are irrelevant as the consumer rights of exemption not to sign override their requests, and to prevent the release of the prescription is highly questionable  ??? ???

Bit like Tesco policies, when Tesco believe they are entitled to make their own rules irrelevant to the law or ACAS ruling  :-X :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

alf, NHS policy does not require me to sign, I have never objected to being asked to sign only that medication has been withheld when I have adhered to NHS policy.

lucgeo, Your last paragraph is close to my thinking.  If NHS (in effect the government) say I do not need to sign to get required medication, Lloyds do not need to over rule that principle and I believe they should not and cannot.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

mexicopete

Both my wife and myself are over 60 and use Boots for our medication.....we are never asked to sign the back. I'm with Nomad on this matter :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: seems to be another example of over officiousness.
The worlds me lobster

Expressdude2016

What the hells this got to do with Tesco. We don’t pay our members fees to listen to sum tit being banned from his local chemist.

penguin

Quote from: Nomad on 14-12-18, 02:11PM
Do you sign documents you are not required to ?

What do I gain by signing ?

A more pertinent question is why are they asking me to sign when the NHS says clearly I am not required to do so.

To be honest I can see where your coming from, personally I would have signed the form in order to get the medication while making it clear to the people working in the chemist I was doing so under protest, I would then have raised the matter with management, while I do not know your situation I know that my partner cannot afford to be without her medication under any circumstances and that would have overridden any issues I had with filling in a form regardless of what the law may say.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 14-12-18, 10:19PMWhat the hells this got to do with Tesco. We don’t pay our members fees to listen to sum tit  being banned from his local chemist.
Err.....somewhat harsh and unnecessary retort methinks, which £2 per annum hardly warrants  ??? ???

just curious

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 14-12-18, 10:19PM
What the hells this got to do with Tesco. We don't pay our members fees to listen to sum tit  being banned from his local chemist.

Lets suppose that Nomad had gone to his local Tosco Pharmacy instead of a Lloyd's pharmacy and some clueless jumped up buffoon tried to impose the same rule about signature - his same principles would still apply Tosco do not make the law same as Lloyd's don't and he is pointing out a fact of law .

It could be worth a new thread being started on consumer laws and rights , IE what to do if your overcharged by Tosco ( or any other retailer ) , What rights would i have if my " Technika / Tosco / other brand "  TV broke down one day after the twelve month guarantee expired . What right would Tosco or any other pharmacy have to make me sign for a prescription ?
Interesting and useful to know the law and consumer rights sometimes - i might just refuse to sign for my parents prescriptions myself next time i pick them up from the pharmacy if i am asked - then politely tell them the law and then tell them they just lost my highly profitable business as i would be going to a chemist / pharmacy that knows the regulations etc .

Mark calloway

Quote from: Expressdude2016 on 14-12-18, 10:19PMWhat the hells this got to do with Tesco. We don’t pay our members fees to listen to sum tit  being banned from his local chemist.
what a rude person you are. Oh and nomad is NOT a tit. He's one of the best guys on here.

Nomad

Did you notice this is in the  Other retailers  section  8-) , having a bad hair day are you, I see that at the present you are not a supporter  :-*.   Incidentally it is not a members  fee  (membership is free) it is a donation to the running costs of VLH for which as a  thank you  some extra benefits are given. 

@penguin, if I may explain further.  On each occasion I phoned Lloyds H.O. (while at the store) who then phoned the store and the medicines were issued, I have been sent letters of apology  However some people may understand that on the third occasion I showed, in a raised voice, my frustration.  I am sorry to say when I read your post I thought of PM Neville Chamberlain and his famous piece of paper.   

@just curious, regarding prescriptions being collected for a third party who is exempt, if they insist you sign ask them if they wish you to go and transport the third party to the pharmacy to enable them not to sign as is their right. 

@Mark calloway, thank you but I'm just trying keep things ticking along.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Welshie

My husband is exempt from prescription charges due to diabetes , I used to have to sign if I picked up his scripts . We live in Northern Ireland and prescription charges were abolished years ago so now no-one has to sign .
Just out of curiosity, how much does a prescription cost now?

Nomad

£8.80 per item, pity those that require more than one item.  My signing issue is connected with those that are age exempt from paying.

I will update as matters develop as there are several bodies I can contact regarding the with holding of medication(s).
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Welshie

£8.80  :o That's shocking . It sounds like Lloyds are making policies in the belief people will just sign in order to get medicine, a dangerous game to play.

gomezz

I am sure everyone who would benefit already knows you can buy a yearly season ticket for all your prescriptions which starts to be better value if you have 13 or more items a year.  And that if you time the renewal right you can get 13 months use out of it for the cost of 12 months.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

RubyRed

You must have too much time on your hands to make such a drama about something so insignificant. I can only imagine the kind of member of staff you were. The kind that helped me reach my decision to take redundancy earlier in the year.

lackofinterest

oooo!! fighting talk!! :-X

lucgeo

All this nitpicking and unnecessary mean comments being made, why ???

Unsure who your comment is directed at RubyRed, but if it's toward gomezz, then obviously you have never had the misfortune of living hand to mouth....if you had then you would appreciate that a small saving anywhere means a great deal to some...."every little helps" and all that  :-*

Nomad

@RubyRed, I believe your post to be aimed at me.  I will refrain (almost) from judging what sort of employee you were based on your post, however suffice it to say that you taking redundancy may have been to the betterment of those who will not be bullied and will fight for their rights.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

:thumbup: well said nomad :)

Nomad

Both myself and my wife (who is entirely 'innocent' in this debacle ) were today refused medications of any type in Lloyds pharmacy.

Read what others think: https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/lloyds-pharmacy/
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk