Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-18, 02:17AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78489
  • Total Topics: 1637
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 58
Total: 61

Author Topic: Uniform  (Read 2690 times)

Moonboy57

• VLH Supporter
Uniform
« on: 16-04-18, 03:16PM »
Just a heads up please.
Am l right in saying that we can wear whatever pieces of uniform we like if it is available to order from the department we work in that is on OurTesco website?
And not dictated to by our line manager who is saying that you can wear that but not this?

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
Re: Uniform
« Reply #1 on: 16-04-18, 04:39PM »
Are you allowed to wear jeans and sweaters? I have seen employees with nothing to identify them as an Tesco worker including management.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 16-04-18, 04:42PM »
Depends where you work, some items you can’t wear in some areas, we had a grocery nights guy order shorts, hi vis for cda he wondered why it was sent back.

Some csd prefer formal uniform as it’s front of house but generally most of it is the same for all.

FarmerFred

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 16-04-18, 06:22PM »
The people policy does not state that managers can decide what uniform options you select so provided that you you have selected department appropriate items then it's your choice. If your manager disagrees ask them to provide an official Tesco policy document to back up their claim.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 16-04-18, 06:26PM »
Agreed....if it's available to order in your click to order for your department, then it's deemed suitable by H.O. If your manager disagrees, then perhaps he needs to contact HO to complain ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Moonboy57

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 16-04-18, 07:43PM »
Thank you. It’s what l have been saying. It’s our choice not theirs. Dotcom drivers are getting told they can’t wear cargo trousers but can wear shirts! I agree we should look smart but it needs to be practical too.  Tesco should be designing new clothing for drivers because trying to dress in formal trousers and shirt is not always appropriate, and ties are a definite no go area!

Rigger

« Reply #6 on: 16-04-18, 07:49PM »
It must be location dependent as I’ve seen plenty of dot com drivers in cargo shorts & polo shirts, that’s mainly store dot com drivers

horatiocain

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 16-04-18, 07:58PM »
In the stores I worked in drivers could only order cargo trousers as the formal ones were deemed too flimsy for their role.
Managers make this up everyday.

Taymay61

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 16-04-18, 08:51PM »
I can't seem to order any uniform online -I'm not past my probation yet but refuse to pay out for 'smart' maternity bottoms at £30 a go from my own pocket.

Any ideas?

TheOLDone

« Reply #9 on: 16-04-18, 09:07PM »
Plenty, non printable here though.

genome

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 17-04-18, 08:39AM »
Taymay61, get it ordered in store for you.

Taymay61

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #11 on: 17-04-18, 11:05AM »
Annoyingly, they won’t until I pass my probation but I don’t have anything ‘smart’ in maternity

dizzy_1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #12 on: 17-04-18, 02:30PM »
Go to what ever cheap clothes shops you have near you and get a pair of black/navy trousers. Don't have to be maternity just grab a larger size. At least you can wear trousers, when I was pregnant I got a bloody pinafore no trousers for ladies it was all skirts, I looked like a tent.   
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

BossHog89

« Reply #13 on: 30-04-18, 09:52AM »
My store was freezing and the management forbid any checkout staff from ordering fleeces. Only blazers allowed they said. While the store manager walked around in a depot style fleece because she was cold.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 30-04-18, 10:02AM »
 Do as they say not as they do   :)

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 30-04-18, 03:28PM »
My store was freezing and the management forbid any checkout staff from ordering fleeces. Only blazers allowed they said. While the store manager walked around in a depot style fleece because she was cold.

so what have they had on all winter ?

Taymay61

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #16 on: 30-04-18, 06:23PM »
Taymay61, get it ordered in store for you.

It doesn’t seem to let me order it offline to store :(

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 30-04-18, 07:01PM »
Dress as the opposite sex and you'll pass the probation.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 30-04-18, 08:05PM »

Our last store manager tried this, wanted all staff in jackets and ties, well the male ones obviously and wanted all females in skirts and jackets, you can imagine how well that all went down, safe to say it never happened despite threats of people being sent home and lets talks being issued he eventually worked out he was fighting a losing battle.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse