Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
27-04-18, 07:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 75526
  • Total Topics: 1557
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Holiday Req  (Read 2910 times)

• VLH Supporter
Holiday Req
« on: 10-04-18, 08:47AM »
gomezz Content deleted at poster's request
« Last Edit: 15-04-18, 11:08AM by gomezz »

Rad

• Know All
Re: Holiday Req
« Reply #1 on: 10-04-18, 09:30AM »
Say you have 5 shift leaders (including sm)plus cash and stock.  Thats around 40 weeks holidays a year.  So I guess it could be done.

However, its only fair that you get 2 weeks summer holidays between say june and august. There's 7 of you trying to get 14 weeks of holidays into 12 available weeks.  There should be a bit of doubling up over the summer.

That said, if you're just putting in 4 weeks holiday now, you've left it late.

spike_pkh

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #2 on: 10-04-18, 02:14PM »
Depends on size of store and how many staff in store I presume

Cairney39

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 10-04-18, 04:49PM »
127001. By now you should have had your holiday review meeting, where you and your SM agree your holidays, with the diary open in front of them. If you’ve not had that, demand it as otherwise your holidays will be allocated. Do not let any more of the year go by without booking your FULL entitlement. Easier to swap out of dates than it is to book more dates in the more through the year we go. That said, the window is now open to book 2019 holidays, if you want to get in early for them

TheOLDone

« Reply #4 on: 11-04-18, 02:43AM »
As a shift leader I'm sure you should know the holiday process ? This is why Tesco is going down the toilet !!!

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 11-04-18, 07:49PM »
I do know the process however moving to a different shop my new manager made me question myself.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 11-04-18, 08:16PM »
As a shift leader I'm sure you should know the holiday process ? This is why Tesco is going down the toilet !!!

Experience gone new TMs are trained by people who don't know how to do the job.

filling-machine

« Reply #7 on: 14-04-18, 10:09AM »
Find out what the holiday targets are for the weeks you want, if they won't be exceeded then there's no grounds for refusing the request

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 14-04-18, 11:21AM »
Holidays  >:(

I always end up with loads at year end as the TM knocks people back all year. Place is a shambles. Never mind the holidays you ask for that the clueless TM doesn't put through.
« Last Edit: 14-04-18, 11:22AM by GreenGrocer »

Teddybonkers

« Reply #9 on: 15-04-18, 12:20PM »
In my experience, most managers work on the basis that if they keep saying no, you'll eventually run out of time and loose them!

Spongbob

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 15-04-18, 03:03PM »
Hi can someone please explain how you start a topic on here please.

Global Moderator Comment Start New Topic:Log in. click 'Forum' in main VLH menu. click section which you wish to start topic in (Stores, Dot Com etc.). click 'New Topic' (above Last post list).

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 15-04-18, 04:23PM »
In my experience, most managers work on the basis that if they keep saying no, you'll eventually run out of time and loose them!

They call it the FLE entitlement short for fleecing you out your paid holidays.

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #12 on: 15-04-18, 06:17PM »

That wouldn't happen if all holidays were booked by 31 March, as they are meant to be.

carlh

« Reply #13 on: 15-04-18, 06:35PM »
At our store on nights,it's hard to get hols. Half the time the manager can't be bothered or is "too busy" . Past 3 yrs I've had some left over.

FarmerFred

« Reply #14 on: 16-04-18, 06:31PM »
Carlh - Hand them the holiday request form & they have 7 days to return it - if they don't do it then you are allowed to assume that they are approved (section 4 of the holiday policy) - probably best to get someone to witness the request just in case or get them to sign a photocopy as a receipt.

If they just return it refusing the dates then insist on being given a formal refusal with justification for each date & if they don't comply you can go above their heads or take out a grievance.