Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-18, 04:15AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78491
  • Total Topics: 1637
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 48
Total: 51

Author Topic: work at 2 different stores  (Read 2320 times)

TALENTED1

• VLH Supporter
work at 2 different stores
« on: 08-04-18, 03:02PM »
Hi I was wondering if anybody can help. My daughter works 2 days in one tesco store. She has seen a job at a different tesco store which is also 2 days ( not the same days). Can people work in 2 different stores or just the one? Thanks

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: work at 2 different stores
« Reply #1 on: 08-04-18, 04:20PM »
No I don't think you can only on overtime . But I am sure there will be someone on here who is in the know.

Walker

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 08-04-18, 06:54PM »
Yes, you can although many store managers may not like it ... There's no policy as such to prevent it.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #3 on: 08-04-18, 07:10PM »
imagine the stress of trying to schedule holidays with 2 different stores lol

adamlad

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 08-04-18, 08:43PM »
in theory u could have 2 separate contracts and apply for another job assuming the hours did not clash but they would not allow it as it is too hard to manage things like working hours opt out and holidays. You can do overtime in an another store but not be contracted for two locations. I have seen tesco staff be contracted for a contractors for example the cleaning company as well as tesco but the management were not keen on it and work in the same location

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 09-04-18, 12:56AM »
How would you set up 2 contracts on the system ? If she is on a flexi how would that work ? how is someone paid if they are working overtime in another store ? does the pay still need to be transferred over to the store you are contracted to, or is the new scan/swip card covering working in another store ? I cant see this my self after all the reason they have part timers is so that they can be called in to cover shifts.

rogersmart

« Reply #6 on: 09-04-18, 09:37AM »
If she’s off sick, who does she ring in sick to?  When she comes back, does she have two Welcome Back meetings?  If she has an absence disciplinary how is the absence % calculated, and by which store? And so it goes on.  This is such a bad idea, I cannot believe Tesco will allow it to happen.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 09-04-18, 09:44AM »
About 6 months ago this was actively encouraged, although no one had the specifics of how it would work. We had posters and a list of vacancies for local stores across all formats, luckily no one was interested.

mintable

« Reply #8 on: 09-04-18, 12:40PM »
Yes you can, under people policies on our Tesco's , updated policies May 2017

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 09-04-18, 05:01PM »
Do you know what, I've had this discussion before on VLH. In my mind there should be no problem in working in two stores.

As the colleague would be employed in two seperate stores, then the colleague would be given two different employee numbers, and dealt with in each store as an individual employee. Same as if the colleague worked for two different companies.

If the colleague was on flexi, the same rules as if she had another job. She would give her availability sheet in, for what days she was available.

She would be employed by the individual store in the first instance, there would be no clash, if she's off sick the same rules apply in each store, there would be no combined sickness %, holidays would be booked the same as if working for another company, and try to get the same time off for both, same as I try to get the same holidays booked as my partner...no guarantee.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #10 on: 09-04-18, 06:01PM »
How could you have 2 separate employee numbers with only one national insurance number, surely the wages system would not accept this ?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 09-04-18, 06:36PM »
Eh?? The same as working two different companies....also we've had returned leavers on two different employee numbers and same N.I. number, the've got three pensions, two shares allocations ec....
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 09-04-18, 07:51PM »
Yea get working 2 different companies and returning people but 2 different employee numbers on the one NI number on the wage system at the same time , I would've thought would bring up an error but if not would the employees get 2 pays and would they then need to split their tax allowance ? Just curious

Walker

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #13 on: 09-04-18, 08:24PM »
Basically would work like any other second job. All tax allowance would go to main job, other job would be taxed at basic rate with no allowance. If overpay tax reclaim at end of year.

Only difference is the disciplinary policy requires any disciplinary warnings/actions to apply to both jobs

notsofunny

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 09-04-18, 11:59PM »
Eh?? The same as working two different companies....also we've had returned leavers on two different employee numbers and same N.I. number, the've got three pensions, two shares allocations ec....

:thumbup: :D
but the one problem I found was that I needed another E mail adress , as the main one flags up as being used by someone else  ???

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 10-04-18, 07:58AM »

If she’s off sick, who does she ring in sick to?  When she comes back, does she have two Welcome Back meetings?  If she has an absence disciplinary how is the absence % calculated, and by which store? And so it goes on.  This is such a bad idea, I cannot believe Tesco will allow it to happen.
  :D My Friend Tesco allows EVERYTHING and why ? "BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO FIX THE MESS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR SO LONG." But never forget my Friend that "TESCO TAKES ANY ISSUE VERY SERIOUSLY". They are so pathetic and RIDICULOUS aren't they ?  :D

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 10-04-18, 08:22AM »
Can you be a pt TM at one store and a GA at another?  :)