News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 287
Total: 289

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

I think you will find, the T Distribution Network will absorb Booker Order Fulfilment and delivery locations wherever it can.
In actual fact T Distribution sites are already planning for the increase in work they will have to do and stock they will need to handle.

The planned changes are already being communicated in some areas. Fleet changes won't be the first thing in real terms.

Over to OpShunned to get the thread back on topic.  ;)
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

pfsgirl

Quote from: spike_pkh on 30-03-17, 09:41PM
Not sure if this is related but our day managers in my store have been asked to start clocking to ensure they are not working too many hours and are being asked to take extra time back as time in lieu. Our night managers have not been asked to do this and they always work extra hours. Is there any "official" brief for this?

They were told the reason for this is managers in other stores have tried (and succeeded) suing tesco due to working extra hours each week

Time in lieu is not Tesco policy. Interesting to see where this one goes!

Me2015

Spike - The claim failed so that story is a non starter!

optout

Just a reminder that the equal pay petition is here;

https://www.change.org/p/tesco-s-women-retail-workers-deserve-equal-pay-for-equal-work-tesco-s-women-retail-workers-deserve-equal-pay-for-equal-work

also; have heard that leigh-day have been having public meetings recently (re the equal pay case). Any body have any info?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

optout

^yeah I am sure some would like this to go away, but I just ain't gonna let it. Come on give the those girls on the front line in this case some moral support, and let them know that at least in spirit you are behind them.

optout

whilst those in Dagenham (warehouse and Distribution) are attempting to fill their bags with some extra swag from the company coffers. And they are are on much more than those in stores.

Don't forget the equal pay petition (supporting those in stores) at;

https://www.change.org/p/tesco-s-women-retail-workers-deserve-equal-pay-for-equal-work-tesco-s-women-retail-workers-deserve-equal-pay-for-equal-work

Red75

Whilst I don't doubt that staff at DC's work hard. Many customer/general assistants are being made to work increasingly hard due to the companies cost cutting. I work stock on a twilight shift. When we first moved from nights in November 2016 there were 23 staff on the shift with 100 hours overtime. Now there are 13 staff and no overtime. A number of staff are on short term contracts, quite often there are only 5 or 6 staff to fill a superstore. I don't know if I work hard, but my middle aged body after 8 and a half years of doing this is telling me that I do. I'm really stressed a lot of the time. I still do the biggest jobs in the department.
I can't help but feel negative about a future at Tesco. The board still has 1 and a half billion pounds of cuts to make to get up to it's 3.5% to 4% target profit margin. Things aren't going to get any better. Whose to say that if and when they meet this target they won't set more demanding target. A couple of percent above minimum wage, that's a customer assistants value. it's what they can morally and ethically get away with.
Some departments haven't suffered the same cuts as grocery has. I think of these as 'revenue' departments. Dotcom orders are always going to be shopped for and delivered.
The board are big time capitalists and the companies main motivation now seems to be providing a return for institutional investors and massive bonuses for those higher up. The 2.5% to 3.5% bonus we receive are just scraps to justify the executives and senior managements mega bonuses.

optout

@Red75

have you signed the petition? If not your support would be appreciated by many.

And don't forget to send the link to your friends if possible. :thumbup:

roughyedspud

It's not just women though is it...

DC Bob picks stock,puts it on a cage the puts it on a wagon..
GA Bob takes it off a wagon,off the cage and put on a shelf..as well as presenting the aisle and dealing with customers..

Yet DC Bob gets paid more per hour..

JL

You don't present aisles now.

bugsbunny

I have attended one of Leigh Days public meetings, it was very informative definetly would recommend attending one. If you would like Leigh Day to run one of these meetings in your area contact them and ask them and they will run one. Just for information you will only receive the 6years back pay if you sign up with Leigh Day. Anyone who does NOT sign up would only receive the new pay going forward (if we won the case) NOT the back pay

optout

please keep us informed :thumbup:

and please pass the link to the petition on. We only have 65 signatories so far, so there is long way to go.

you do not have to work for tesco to support the petition and give moral support to those who are fighting for this cause.

notsofunny

Quote from: bugsbunny on 17-04-18, 09:31PM
I have attended one of Leigh Days public meetings, it was very informative definetly would recommend attending one. If you would like Leigh Day to run one of these meetings in your area contact them and ask them and they will run one. Just for information you will only receive the 6years back pay if you sign up with Leigh Day. Anyone who does NOT sign up would only receive the new pay going forward (if we won the case) NOT the back pay

can you show us from which place you read that the award would only go to those that sigh on with Leigh and days ?
also from all the talk about how many have joined the case are they saying that 65 have sigh on so far ? are they waiting for more to sigh on before starting the case so as to make more money out of it if they win ?

optout

sorry to butt in

but the 65 that you mention is the number that have supported the 'petition' set up on change.org. NOT those who are taking part in the legal action (this figure is much higher) hopefully somebody else could chime in with that figure.

lordadmiral

It's hard to say how many there is. When I joined the claim it was already over thousand people.  That was in February.

Hammer10

What if you do a skilled job that they don't do at the depot eg counters Csd bakery what's the point of signing up.

bugsbunny

If you speak to Leigh Day they will explain all about only people who sign up will get the back pay. Speak to them don't listen to hearsay or presume. Speak to them get it from the horses mouth.

adamlad

Hammer  it doesn't make a difference if u are skilled I'm a team support. I have been accepted to join the claim. It makes no difference. I guess if they win u would get less damages as the difference between a skilled wage and contested figure is lower than a ca

BIMB

[admin]Please do not ask the same question in more than one thread, even more so when one is the wrong thread entirely. [/admin]

notsofunny

Quote from: lordadmiral on 18-04-18, 01:15AM
It's hard to say how many there is. When I joined the claim it was already over thousand people.  That was in February.
How much % do they take from the money you win ? and did they tell you that to get a pay out you had to join them ? Reason I am asking is that when the PPI scandel came out they made out that we had to get a claims company to pay make a claim for us , Only then to find that all we had to do was contact the banks out self and get paid with out any cut being taken from our pay out  ,

bugsbunny

As I have already said, speak to Leigh Day then make your decision. That is what I did and I am happy that I have joined. If you don't want to join then don't, it is your choice. There is no point in keep questioning on here. Find out for yourself they are very happy to speak to anyone.

optout

@notsofunny

I s'pose anybody could bring a case themselves. They could even represent themselves.
I think that maybe the PPI situation may not be the correct sort of yardstick, as with PPI all you had to do was fill in form etc and I would imagine the process was made as 'joe public proof' as possible.

But when it comes to a full scale legal battle, I personally think that you better get people who know exactly what they are doing, at least for the issues surrounding administrative process. Just me thunking aloud. and may be wrong.

lordadmiral

Quote from: notsofunny on 18-04-18, 07:56PM
Quote from: lordadmiral on 18-04-18, 01:15AM
How much % do they take from the money you win ? and did they tell you that to get a pay out you had to join them ? Reason I am asking is that when the PPI scandel came out they made out that we had to get a claims company to pay make a claim for us , Only then to find that all we had to do was contact the banks out self and get paid with out any cut being taken from our pay out  ,
They send you all info.25% will be deducted if claim will be succesfull. They state that the more will join the less the cost would be. But numbers must go into dozens of tousands to cut pay to something like 300 per person.
  Its no win no fee. If u sign in then u cant resign easly as some of the lawers take 500 pound per hour. So its better to play till end rather than resigning in the middle when some work is done.
Correct me if im wrong but i thing any claim up to 20k is tax free.

notsofunny

Quote from: bugsbunny on 18-04-18, 08:12PM
As I have already said, speak to Leigh Day then make your decision. That is what I did and I am happy that I have joined. If you don't want to join then don't, it is your choice. There is no point in keep questioning on here. Find out for yourself they are very happy to speak to anyone.

sorry i spoke  8-)

notsofunny

lordadmiral and optout thank you :) , I will pass this on to someone that asked me , I am not one of those that has been thinking about  this since it does not effect me ,  She has been yes no about joining up for over 3 months , just wish she would sigh up to this site and ask herself  8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk