News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 05:35AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 362
Total: 363

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duracell

The present case is not the Asda case either! yet some think it's relevant.

As for Jacks being a separate company, not according to companies house it isn't.
So why not address the disparity, I think we all know why that won't happen, which then lands the equal value claims flat on the floor.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

optout

After reading all of the advice on this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the legal 'experts' that have taken on the cases of thousands of people, must be absolutely thick.

I think that all that they needed to do was read this thread, and they would then realize what a massive waste of time it all is.

So all of you very silly legal experts who are representing tesco employees, who think that tesco shop-floor workers have a hope in hell of winning this claim, just read this thread and you will be enlightened. ;)

How silly for them not to pay attention to the advice and reasoning on this thread. That is like searching for a monster in your bedroom at night, but not  bothering to check under the bed. (clue, they are always under the bed). ;)

These high priced lawyers have really dropped a clanger with this one. ;)

Just sayin
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

madness

Lawyers get paid either way they don't care about outcome.

alf

You mock people because they have the audacity to debate a subject important to them on an open forum, because apparently having legal representation == valid case, and people are clearly morons for daring to question it.

Quote from: optout on 22-11-18, 09:53PM
After reading all of the advice on this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the legal 'experts' that have taken on the case of Tesco, must be absolutely thick.

I think that all that they needed to do was read this thread, and they would then realize what a massive waste of time it all is.

So all of you very silly legal experts who are representing Tesco, who think that Tesco have a hope in hell of winning this claim, just read this thread and you will be enlightened. ;)

How silly for them not to pay attention to the advice and reasoning on this thread. That is like searching for a monster in your bedroom at night, but not  bothering to check under the bed. (clue, they are always under the bed). ;)

Just sayin

Well s*** tier logic goes both ways.

Why bother to fight for this case or even debate it, when Tesco have much better legal 'experts' than Leigh day.

forrestgimp

Quote from: optout on 22-11-18, 09:53PM
After reading all of the advice on this thread, I have come to the conclusion that the legal 'experts' that have taken on the cases of thousands of people, must be absolutely thick.

So all of you very silly legal experts who are representing tesco employees, who think that tesco shop-floor workers have a hope in hell of winning this claim, just read this thread and you will be enlightened. ;)

Just sayin

Debate is healthy and its a sad day when we are stopped from having different opinions.

Carparkpothole

There will hardly be any staff in DC's to compare with come April anyway, some of them are short staffed by at least a hundred people.

OpShunned

The Court of Appeal has ruled that Asda store staff can compare their roles with those in the supermarket giant's distribution centres in equal pay claims 
31 January 2019

The Court of Appeal has this morning (31 January 2019) upheld the ruling that Asda store staff can compare their roles with those in the supermarket giant's distribution centres in legal claims over equal pay.

https://www.leighday.co.uk/News/2019/January-2019/Court-of-Appeal-rules-Asda-store-workers-can-compa

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yes, a fair way to go yet  :)

Good time to bring this to the attention of the 'extra footfall' here.

Leigh Day is currently bringing a claim on behalf of Tesco store workers for equal pay. We are doing so to promote equality and challenge how large retailers pay their employees in different areas of their business.
https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Equal-pay-claims/Tesco-equal-pay-claim

Hammer10

Hopefully some pay back for the way the toffs in the ivory towers have treated us.

HBKid

At the end of the day without DC workers nothing gets sent to stores, and without store workers nothing gets sold.  This claim was always going to win.

Charlie Harper

Still a very long way to go. Am I right in thinking that were the case to be won, back payments could be for up to 6 years???  (I won't hold my breathe waiting).

lordadmiral

Cool. Some good news. I think back pay is for the whole period , even if its 10 years. Well i dont mind getting 100k in one go. :P

sunshineman

Well the legal team seem to be winning the fight but still a long way to go. My question is, for those people who did not put their name down for the legal fight, would they get paid out. A lot of people I have spoken to were not sure how to join the legal battle and what it would cost them. Will it just be the ones taking Tesco to court who will get backdated pay if they win, or will everyone get it. If Tesco do lose then I have a feeling they will do an out of court settlement where it will all be sealed and no one is allowed to talk about it

bugsbunny

Absolutely Hammer 10, what comes around goes around

A few thousand on the way then for the Equal Pay Claim. I am staying off sick tonight.  Slap some enhanced redundancy on to. :)

arlo

everyone would get payout i would think .....doubt it will happen

HBKid

Only the people who have signed up get backdated pay.  Everyone else will benefit from increased hourly rate.

Charlie Harper

I'm not so sure it is only those that have signed up as there were reports that it could cost Tesco up to 4 Billion.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/11/tesco-faces-4bn-equal-pay-bill-as-claimant-numbers-swell-to-1000

BobbySands

Should be for everyone affected right ?

Everyone will see increase in hourly pay to match those of distribution. If you claim for backdated you can get this either through Leigh Day at a fee or use your own defense team.

HBKid

Quote from: 1 on 31-01-19, 03:06PM
Everyone will see increase in hourly pay to match those of distribution. If you claim for backdated you can get this either through Leigh Day at a fee or use your own defense team.

Is the right answer.  Leigh Day aren't representing everyone.  Just those who have signed up.

Charlie Harper

I see they offer a no win no fee sign up (Yes, you can still sign up) but does anyone know the fee or percentage Leigh Day intend to charge each individual IF the case is won?

BobbySands

They'll want their pound of flesh I'd imagine

Charlie Harper

No doubt. I have just emailed them.

adamlad

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 31-01-19, 03:30PM
I see they offer a no win no fee sign up (Yes, you can still sign up) but does anyone know the fee or percentage Leigh Day intend to charge each individual IF the case is won?

Its 25% of what you win in damages - Im a signed up person to this

adamlad

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 31-01-19, 01:38PM
Still a very long way to go. Am I right in thinking that were the case to be won, back payments could be for up to 6 years???  (I won't hold my breathe waiting).

Its 6 years they can go back from the letter I had

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk