News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 03:30AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 404
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 379
Total: 381

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claden

Quote from: notsofunny on 07-03-18, 09:24PM
Only 100 claims have been issued ? and very large numbers are joining every day  ??? , but how come Tesco say they have still not got anything ?

Also was wondering , if they go ahead with this , Why would you want to join the law firm action , when if they win you will be having to pay them what is it 25% of the amount before tax , since the award would be for everyone regardless of if you join the group action or not  ??? sorry just thinking out load
There was a case of BHS workers who claimed something can't remember what but only the actual claimants got a pay out not all the staff.

Nomad

If a claim of this type is successful then many could benefit in future, but the claimants may get a settlement in respect of arrears.  A dim view would be taken by courts of those than then try to create an identical claim for arrears.

If you miss the train it does not reverse up for you, nor should it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

notsofunny

I can't see how a court has the power to take a view other than one that is legal
If someone takes a company to court and it's found that the company acted outside the law then everyone affected for the same offence is covered. That's the way I see it after all the papers have said it's 4 billion £ going back years .And if one person wins a case then a company is not going to waste money fighting the same type of case again.

lordadmiral

Quote from: notsofunny on 07-03-18, 09:24PM
Only 100 claims have been issued ? and very large numbers are joining every day  ??? , but how come Tesco say they have still not got anything ?

Also was wondering , if they go ahead with this , Why would you want to join the law firm action , when if they win you will be having to pay them what is it 25% of the amount before tax , since the award would be for everyone regardless of if you join the group action or not  ??? sorry just thinking out load
I looked at some info about compensation/ settlements it looks like it wont be taxable. Those who will not join claim might receive lump sum from Tesco but it might be fully taxable as Nomad said earlier its a different train. 25% vs 32.8% .

Hammer10

Still waiting to hear about the other hearing on losing doubletime .Then I might sign up for the new one .

notsofunny

Asda lost a case like this in 2016 but i cant find any update as to if they paid up or if its still going on , :question:

lordadmiral

You wont hear much about Asda case or tescos double time case. Looks like no one is alowed to deliver information to the public. We all know that asda lost and company apealed. And thats it no other info been released to the press.

Equalizer87

Did the appeals plead poverty??
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

baldeagle

The ASDA case is due to be heard in October.

Carparkpothole

After taking the advice of a few DC staff, on here, I transferred to distribution a couple of weeks ago and resigned from Tesco today as I can no longer bear it, even after just two weeks, as it's a death trap. Anybody that thinks that the work is anywhere near the same couldn't be further from the truth. After 10 years at Tesco it's now goodbye.

Welshie

I don't know if I agree with the case BUT it's not about the job being the same . It's about the value the job brings to the company being the same. I think everyone would agree the DC is harder manual Labour.

Nomad

With dealing with Joe Public many will say stores is harder mentally, and one balances out the other.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Welshie

Agree Nomad but find it hilarious that this will probably be decided by a judge who will more than likely never have worked in a supermarket or DC in their life .

Life after tossco

Email received today! Sign up and make this company pay for what we deserve!

[attachment deleted by admin]

OpShunned

..or, at least, give it a go lol..

If you're struggling to achieve £8 an hour what have you got to lose?

Tesco have the largest retail market share so how come they don't pay the best rates? Shouldn't one somehow work in tandem with t'other? Who are they are investing in or looking after? A few or the many?

this:
One of the first changes post-merger is likely to be deliveries, according to FMCG consultant Janet Lung Standing. Tesco CEO Dave Lewis and Booker CEO Charles Wilson told investors the two company's 6,400 delivery vehicles would be merged into one fleet to improve efficiency

'one fleet' -  8)

Welsh-Hugh

Will bus drivers picking up holiday makers from the airport put in a claim to be paid the same as the airline pilot as it could be seen as equal value in getting the holiday maker to their destination?
Whole thing is madness.

mexicopete

Quote from: OpShunned on 09-03-18, 10:17PM
..or, at least, give it a go lol..

If you're struggling to achieve £8 an hour what have you got to lose?

Tesco have the largest retail market share so how come they don't pay the best rates? Shouldn't one somehow work in tandem with t'other? Who are they are investing in or looking after? A few or the many?

this:
One of the first changes post-merger is likely to be deliveries, according to FMCG consultant Janet Lung Standing. Tesco CEO Dave Lewis and Booker CEO Charles Wilson told investors the two company's 6,400 delivery vehicles would be merged into one fleet to improve efficiency

'one fleet' -  8)
What Drastic really means is it will be merged into half a fleet. ;) ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

Hammer10

Have you seen the controls in a cockpit of an airliner you have to have a lot about you to fly one of them .A bus is like alorry except you are moving people and the controls are not no where As complex.So how can you compare them , I know the are both transporting people ,but they are technically different.

Welsh-Hugh

You have answered a vital point. Both are technically different. Warehouses are 100% computer controlled. From moment pallet comes into DC its scanned by intake. It's picked using arm mounted computers. It's loaded using arm mounted computers. All with performance management. It's delivered by highly qualified HGV drivers.
Stores don't use no where near technology. Dot com drivers use car licences. Not professional licences .
So far apart it's not real.

Life after tossco

It's not madness at all! We have had DC staff come to fill in our store when snow hits and they can't make it to there DC. They are slow and useless! If they were full time night staff fillers they wouldn't Stand a chance! Night replenishment is really hard labour and the rest of the night fillers on here would agree! Chucking 8x2l of pop on capping shelves and taking them down all night isn't easy let me tell you! Same as lifting the produce trays into the fixture's! It's back breaking work and should be paid inline with DC workers end of.

Welsh-Hugh

There's a reason they're slow and useless. It's because they have the shackles of performance management taken off them. They look at working in store as a jolly shift. Why should they push themselves when they are only there to make up numbers.
It would be no different if you worked in DC if you could not get to work.
Only difference is you would not be able to pick it load in DC as you would not be trained on how to use the ATM mounted terminals.
Whereas DC staff can fill shelves as that role doesn't need training

Life after tossco

It's DC work I'm sure within 5mins anybody would be able to do the job 😂😂😂 it's hardly the most intelligent work is it😂😂😂 I have lorry licence and a flt so I'm hardly going to struggle to work in a DC!

Welsh-Hugh

Been shopping for mother's days flowers today in Tesco . 5 staff to fill up flowers. Actually 1 working. 3 chatting to each others for ages and one on telephone on Facebook.
Mind it could be they had no veg. Totally empty. All customers complaining.

OpShunned

In other news
;)
Should you or any of your colleagues have any questions about the case or about Equal Pay at TESCO please get in touch on 0800 689 0570 or tescoequalpay@leighday.co.uk

thx

weebee

QuoteOne of the first changes post-merger is likely to be deliveries, according to FMCG consultant Janet Lung Standing. Tesco CEO Dave Lewis and Booker CEO Charles Wilson told investors the two company's 6,400 delivery vehicles would be merged into one fleet to improve efficiency

'one fleet' -  8)

So they are going to use Bookers model, as tesco  transport would be bankrupt within weeks if a stand alone company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk