Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 295
Total: 297

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotlegs56

quote:
Originally posted by heavyg

used it today

T reat E mployees S  uspiciously and C on them at  every O ppotunity

Duty Manager - express

well done thats what its there for, takes courage to do it as well ;)

Little Tinker

Hotlegs, its not courage hun, i think its frustration, and the line does help, i know some1 thats used it and it worked for them.

You dont have to give your name I've been told so you dont have to worry about comebacks, but as The mrs says is right, if they pull you for assuming its you, you have gone through the right channels and nothing as come to a succsesful outcome, and your right to phone the line is comprimised, it comes under the bullying rule, not sure what that involves, but ask the mrs for more help, there is something that the mrs did post not so long ago.

The other thing is, if we the staff complain we get our knuckles rapped, if a customer complains they get a bunch of flowers and a free shop, which is fair ?, the customer who complains who provides the wages for the so called staff member whos causing hassle, or the most important member is the person who creates the work to pay for the time that the customer spends buying the stock that the staff have put on the shelves  ???

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

the protector line is great(not) I know that one complaint that chill stock that had been out of chain for 22 hours and was then worked to fixture for sale provoked no visible response whatsoever- yum yum nice tasty ham sandwich anyone.

hotlegs56

quote:
Originally posted by madmord

the protector line is great(not) I know that one complaint that chill stock that had been out of chain for 22 hours and was then worked to fixture for sale provoked no visible response whatsoever- yum yum nice tasty ham sandwich anyone.

I would try it again and provoke a response as to why it wasnt looked into in the first instance, it could be incompetence or a genuine mistake

I used it once, to raise my concerns about the Store Delivery Risk Assessment procedures at stores, or the lack of it, and was passed onto Trading Law to deal with my enquire

And guess what, got the normal Tesco Bull S*** that the issues will be dealt with, How many times have i heard that ????????

"i'm in charge", "wheres my hut", "dont park there"!

iworktoohard

i'm going to try it out tomorrow i think. i'll tell you how it goes.

Anne

Iworktoohard. How did it go?

Anne (moderator)

There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

iworktoohard

I didnt have to in the end as the issue in question seems to be resolved. I must agree that there should be more information about this service made to employees. in my store, we employ hundreds of staff, yet all we have is a single A4 landscape piece of paper with the number with a brief description saying it's for breaching rules etc. (not in those words ofc). it's almost as un noticeable as the health and safety poster saying who's liable for ensuring our safe environment with the store manager's signature, and the other poster which i only just noticed today with tezzy leahy's sig on it as they are to the left of a door that is often opened, and thus hidden behind it!

if i ever get a camera i shall take a picture of what i mean

NNOMAE

its TESCO run so it will not work as long as TESCO has a say in it

Geezer100

IWTH - do you have a mobile phone with a camera on?
If so, use that. I have in the past, and some of the pics can be seen on this site.

Little Tinker

Nnomae i know one person who has have used it and no comebacks have arrived on there doorstep, so just remain anonymous and give it a try :)

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

Geezer100

It was in team 5 this week, that this is being re-launched. 24/7 manning, and an email address: I think it's protector@tesco.co.uk - but I will double check on that tomorrow. Or perhaps someone can confirm it before then.

Anne

Yep, that's the addy that was in my team 5.
I can't help wondering why there is a sudden urge to relaunch the protector line though... larger more visible signage has gone up in my store, in places where staff will actually see it.. all for the good I must say, however being a suspicious little soul.. I wonder why?

Anne (moderator)

There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Chairswan

There hasn't been an upsurge of thefts by security staff by any chance recently, as i've heard of a few cases in the past year or so >:D

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

Bigfoot

We have gone through quite a few guards due to thieving. Always used to ask who was watching the guards, turns out there all watching each other. One guard was "borrowing" PS2 games. The irony was he actually brought them back at first, then started to keep them.

thatguy69

I noticed adverts around the staff area in my store for this the other day!

Polecat

The protector line poster was relaunched to stores, not sure if it was rolled out to dc's?
if anyone needs copies of the poster it is stocked at mount farm and can be ordered by mailing Mountfarm.services@uk.tesco.com stores can order on the non cq host form.

The Mrs

Welcome to VLH, Polecat, and thanks for the information. :)

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

toots

it's good to see it's being relaunched, it is important that staff can remain anonymous if they feel they want to
I don't know how well it works though

golffish

not very well i knew a lad who phoned for information he gave his details and the next day he was asked to report to the ptm for an explanation.

my advice would be not to give your name, however still use it to report poor management practices

golffish

jordan

does anyone know the email address or web site for the protector line.i dont like using the phone and would rather email.

Sanmay

jordan - the address is protector@tesco.co.uk

Sanmay (Moderator)

jordan

I've tried that but it dont work.thanks anyway

goldie2011

PROTECTOR LINE

Designed to protect tosco not the workers

Patrick Bateman

well, I rang them about 2 months ago to report a long-standing (6 years, at least) health and safety issue (leaking roof - water dripping onto the warehouse floor, stock, in corridors, on the shopfloor and even onto a light fixture!) and still nothing's been done.

I'd take the term 'protector' with a pinch of salt if I were you.

--------
don't tip the owner of the salon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk