Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 10:29PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,360
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 417
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 172
Total: 176

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr@mrs

Help I tried ringing the number and the woman on the other end didn't have a clue what I was on

almostlost

I emailed them yesterday, do they actually reply ?

Might need to send another, the same manager this morning has taken a manual esso slip, and forgot to get the customer to sign it, so she just scribbled in the signature box.

twinkletoes

Get hold of your Area Security manager, protector line only pass details to the store, complete waste of time.

almostlost

Any idea how I would find that out without asking management ?

twinkletoes

Ask a store security manager in your area

almostlost

Im in express.  Are you suggesting asking someone in a mainstore ?

james

You need to contact the Protector Line - they don't just pass the details to store, they are sent to your SD and the Central Team.

The protector line calls are now taken by india, hence why they might not understand what your on about. E-mail them instead or e-mail Security Support.

Raster2

Haha contacted them 3 weeks ago and to date nothing has happened person still working for us and management not done a thing.

"Works well". reported to management, team leader and senior manager and store manager.

I give up

Raster

westerveld

terry.leahy@tesco.com surly?

Before he goes of course, that's likely to get a response but obviously you need an email address.

Please refrain from quoting previous post. Jaycloth.

Raster2

Yup tried that westerveld supplied evidence and witnesses statements but to date our CE or his office have not had the decency to reply.

Nothing new there, NOW IF ITS A CUSTOMER then they get a phone call and sometimes a letter.

Raster

mickytake

i got sworn at threatened by management infront of management and a sexual act,nothing .
Quote from: mr@mrs on 16-05-10, 10:00PM
need help could i use this line if my store manager is bullying other managers she has made 3 managers so far cry and since she has took over our viewpoint always comes back bad and now she has turned it round on the managers no over time for the next 14 weeks and extra work for the Ga's

Quote from: twinkletoes on 12-05-10, 07:30PM
It is totally wrong, I know a CSM that was sacked for it, some years ago.

khalel

KEPADA;Tuan,Puan,yang berkenaan saya ingin bertanya tentang perkara yang saya nak cerita;saya berbangsa melayu telah di promot olel LPM saya sebagai ASSO bedasar kelayakan saya contoh kedatangan soal selok belok kerja semua saya dah tahu pada mula saya menolak tidak ada pekara yang berlaku,bila saya terima sgm mula pertikai lantikan saya sebab saya bangsa melayu sedangkan india yang kerja baru sebulan berkerja di tesco bukit indah johor bahru berlagak seperti SSO disukai SGM walaupun salah tapi dimata SGM tidak salah,ada lagi yang ketara dalam satu dept 3SM berhenti serentak tapi tiada soal siasat dibuat malah pujian diberi kerana india jadi bagaimana pandangan,saya hairan mengapa seorang SGM sangup masuk campur tentang kenaikan TL disini nampak ada yang tidak kena.STOK TAKE yang lepas banyak plus sedangkan barang tiada jadi STOK TAKE kali mungkin akan berlaku yang sama sebab itu melayu disekat naik pada masa TESCO BUKIT INDAH LPM SANJEVA KALIMUTHU SSO MELAYU 2kali STOK TAKE RED BILA INDIA GREEN..  TOLONG RASHIA MAKLUMAT INI DAN SIASAT DENGAN SEGRA SEBLUM STOK TAKE?

Anne

[gmod]Welcome to VLH. :)

Can you please translate your post into English. Posts and signatures etc are only allowed on the forum when written in English. Thanks[/gmod]

Anne

[gmod]Translated by google translate

TO: Mr., Mrs., the respect I want to ask about things that I want the story, I was in the ethnic Malay promot LPM olel me as Asso bedasar my qualifications about the consequences of the arrival of an example of all the work I already knew from the beginning I rejected no matter which occurs, when I received my appointment pertikai SGM start because my Malay race, while India with a new job a month working at Tesco beautiful hills johor bahru posing as preferred SSO SGM SGM although one eye but no one, no longer significant in a simultaneous stop dept 3SM but nothing but praise interrogation made ??for india so how is the view, I wonder why a SGM capable to intervene on the rise appears here TL is not the last kena.STOK TAKE plus many articles, while not so STOCKS TAKE time the same will probably happen Malay so blocked up at the TESCO BUKIT INDAH LPM SANJEVA KALIMUTHU SSO 2kali MALAY INDIAN STOCKS TAKE ANY RED GREEN .. THIS INFORMATION AND HELP RASHIA investigated SEGRA SEBLUM STOCKS TAKE?[/gmod]

weir-07

Well. That's all very understandable. Do you work for the Help desk by any chance?  :D

Anne

SeannyFontaine

I'm really sorry to do this here but is there anyway I can have my username editted to *****************************

Many thanks!

[admin]Request actioned [/admin]

khalel

Post deleted.

[admin]Posts must be in the English language. Nomad[/admin]

Seanmclude

Quote from: weir-07 on 09-06-11, 04:14PM
Well. That's all very understandable. Do you work for the Help desk by any chance?  :D

:-X :-X :-X 

maximus

I know someone who used it and wished they had never bothered as the result was the person they rang about systematically went about making everyones life a misery trying to work out who rang. I was appalled at they way the whole thing was dealt with.

SeannyFontaine

Do Tesco actually fund and or maintain this "Confidential Protector Line"?

I bet they do through some sort of subsidiary at the very least.

If not it could just be a case of novices operating phones, we can't exactly expect suicide hotline levels of standard ;-)

The Mrs

Yes and yes. Tesco Security

standup

can anybody give me the new number for the protector line, thanks.

standup

this number does not work! anybody got the new one please?
Quote from: The Mrs on 21-04-05, 02:02AM
A while back I found this on the Social Responsibility page of the Tesco Corporate Responsibility site, under the Human Rights Section.

"In 2003, in addition to our established Grievance Procedures, we have launched a new confidential Protector Line for our staff to call if they have concerns about whether something at work is legal or in the public interest. This should help us be more aware of possible problems such as theft, dishonesty and practices that endanger our staff, customers or the environment, so that we can
take any appropriate action."

We asked everywhere, no-one seemed to know about this. So, I got in touch with Head Office. Five days later I had the phone number.

It is: 01992 644 999

I rang the number. I asked a few questions. This phone is manned 24/7. It goes straight to Cheshunt. They call themselves Tesco Security. You can speak to them anonymously (don't forget to put 141 before the number so that yours is withheld). You can report crime, intimidation, bullying and H & S issues. Depending on how serious it is it can be "escalated" to Senior Management to be dealt with immediately.

With all the H & S issues that are being posted on this site I thought you should all know this number.

As I said, I got the information, I haven't actually tested how effective they are at resolving problems. Please, if anyone uses it could you post back here to let us know? You don't have to tell us why you called them, just whether it works and did they really help.

The Mrs (Administrator)

The Mrs

There should be new posters up with this information. There is a change to the name, the phone number and the addition of an email address:

THE PROTECTOR LINE

TEL: 0800 032 0786

EMAIL: protector.line@uk.tesco.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk