News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:56PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

I'd say yours were right apart from the full timer. We have 2 night shift 8-5 and 2 day shift 4-11. I think the night people will get moved/got rid of...

Mojo2012

emma070706

EVERYTHING in the Q1 Business Plan is store specific. No store will be the same. All soft structure as described and no redundancy going forward. Price Integrity has seen a Price Dashboard created (which is available to see now via store apps). This is everything you need to know about PI in one app. Paperwork aspect is only a selection of reports not completely paperless. In my store it will have little impact on our PI team. Checkouts yes will lose hours from going to 7m5% to 10% but I wouldn't anticipate it being hindered unless you are currently already heavily over manned. CSD and Kiosk are combining to one department and would therefore anticipate loss of hours on there. Checkout hours in some stores are going 8am to 9pm as main bank and rest through self service and scan as you shop.

If you are someone really wanting redundancy then unfortunately this will not happen. Most likely scenario as we launch what I beleive is called ^MyHours^, an app to see your working shift pattern for the week, and as the HRAM system is potentially changing then I would expect to see a dual contract department in place. E.g. Checkouts doesn't open till 9am, Can you move x to 9am?   X -No.    Ok then we are going to look I into utilising 6am-9am on Dot com. It's all wait and see but don't expect massive changes in our store.

Blackcat3

They told merchandisers last year there would be no redundancies and we lost 2 out of 3 of ours in our store were both shocked to be going it was decided purely on availability form

emma070706

In the brief to merchandisers last year they SHOULD have been informed that their job was at risk of redundancy if could not be job matched same with stock control. if your store were not told this then process was not followed. The Q1 business plan clearly states there will be no staff to be made redundant.

Blackcat3

They only found out in the final meeting but they wanted to go then anyway the one that stayed was gutted they didn't get redundancy how many hours can they reduce you by without having to offer redundancy as there seems to be a big range in hours across different stores

Redshoes

Word is the new heat map comes down wk 3 to be sent back for wk 5 and this will then be reviewed. It could be that in wk 3 it may shoe the reduced hours for checkouts, CSD and PI. Until the reduced hours show it's hard to know.
Even then the heat map shows the base hours for the quiest wk of the whole year so you should not sit at base hours, you should be over. If checkouts sit at 30 hours over for example it's not the same as stock control being 30 hours over as by percentage the difference is huge. If checkouts are over by 30 hours but have 600 contracted  and stock control are over by 30 but contracted to 200 it is not the same.
Checkouts, self service, scan as you shop and team support are seen as different Depts in this aspect. If on the tablet you have someone on checkouts who does a regular shift on self service this can be changed on the heat map but not on the store register. Then after that if checkouts are over but self service are under they can balance on paper and in reality.
If the manning hours for checkouts change this will have potential bigger impact on checkout colleagues but if as suggested they don't man main bank tills until 8am and somebody has checkout hours from 6am it's a conversation to see if they are able to move hours or tasks.
How far this ever goes will depend on how individual stores. If they already sit heavy on being over hours it will add to that. This will reduce the amount of overtime available to the whole store. The pressure may not be on to correct the hours and soft structure but to go from red on hours to Amber or green to hit hours targets is different. If you are talking one shift per day of one hour it's only 14 hours in wrong place and a drop in the ocean for checkout hours. That is why it's individual stores and not all stores will go to same main bank manning hours.
Then there is Sunday hours. England and Scotland trading hours being so different. Stores are even sifferent in Scotland. Do we need a main bank till open from 6, 7 or 8am on a Sunday morning?

lucgeo

8-) dear god 8-)

What make are these tablets, as I'll look out for an influx of them on eBay within the next year.
If all these changes are mainly store specific, then what's the point of them, as the info is only as good as those who input it, and therefore people can and should be managed by ermm...managers ??? Senior and SM should be earning their inflated salary and bonus',  not being rewarded for fixing the figures and screwing the staff over to get them.
Team managers should know their team, know who can work elsewhere and when. RHRP should be in place and a monthly managers meeting should be discussing who and where is the cover next four weeks? The seniors should be ensuring their team managers are supported with cover for sick/ unexpected leave.

If these tablets are to be the all singing all dancing solution, then I expect the seniors and SM are in the firing line for, "NO REDUNDANCY" but the soft structure change of covering two or three stores, two days in each. No old pals club then, they will be seen on their input and performance in managing each store, and their shortfalls will become blatantly obvious.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Doris

Any news on Dotcom and Pickers in Store?.

Rumor has it that Meetings are in place with Dotcom Team Manager, Store Manager and Dotcom Regional Manager together in each store in the next week or two. Then Staff will be briefed.

Blackcat3

I wouldn't be surprised if the heatmap is done across the store so they can reduce as many hours as possible

fatboy

Could m360 be so kind as to shed some light on the dotcom situation please.

Tom Hardy

After reading the comments about checkouts I don't miss this company since taking redundancy. I've been with a rival company now for over a year and have never been till trained or been called to the checkouts.

The company have enough staff on the checkouts at all times so I can get on with my job.

It makes me laugh now not hearing "Red class service to the checkouts" every 5 minutes  ;D

:thumbdown:

penguin

Tesco used to have all the tills manned during opening hours, with everyone else free to do there own jobs, then someone had a so called better idea, well a cheaper one maybe.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Batmanjo

What a palava !! this is all being done to get rid of the old style contracts !! nobody on a contract is safe the only positive outcome for one is to keep fighting the system......... I laughed when they asked me to go on checkouts and still laughing now... what I do know is not one of these managers would talk to me the same way outside the business as they try to inside. Not sure why others are not standing up and using the 2005 agreement the union has with the company. All the bullsh+t about mental health and they are the main cause trying to be like a lesser company like Aldi............yes they have truly lost there way. Dave and his £5 mill shows the greed at the top.

mike360

What about dot com?

Doris

any job losses or restructure on dotcom instore? @m360

mike360

I listed the changes on page 17, not sure where the rumours about dot com are coming from.

King1999

Well said Batmanjo perfect summary, especially the mental health c**p they are causing themselves.Like I've said in a post on depression they want suing for neglecting/not giving a s*** about their duty of care to staff.

yelsel

Any updates on pi yet

StinkyPoo

Strebor, not been told anything in my store!

Blackcat3

Nothing been said in our store yet just that heat map comes down week 1

Stevie-lad

Heat maps are being sent down in week 3.
Before that, every colleague will need to fill in a new availability form even if they have recently completed one.
Unlike the previous availability forms, the new one doesn't list any departments so it's just about what hours/days you are available to work.
All managers need to go to a workshop called "moving hours" before week 1.
It's a move to reduce hours in the business

Loner 86

Bakery being affected. Meetings just taken place. Reducing range. Redundancies are on the table.

whatajoke2019

And they wonder why people shop elsewhere and certain retailers are increasing their market share, year on year...  :-X

I wonder how long it is before they twig and realise 99.9% of our stores are too large to try and emulate the discounter model?

BakerBum

our bakery losing scratch brown 62 hrs and keeping scratch white . all having to availability for our jobs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk