News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 294
Total: 298

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

THE HUB...management cleansing in disguise   ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Rumblerumble

It would seem that, our team manager said that once someone signs on a checkout, the hub/camera is on record watching  everything

Quote from: lordadmiral on 15-10-19, 06:43PM
Quote from: Rumblerumble on 15-10-19, 05:16PM
2 weeks in and our Store has 6 Hub Investigations
One petty one for a cashier laccidently missing 1 item when scanning a customers shopping
But how the hell they seen that. So they purposelly watched the cashier all the time? counted every item, watched every move?

Ibanker2

I think this is part of a much bigger plan..this tech was on trial at least 5yrs ago and will have been improved and been added too.
We are heading towards a checkout free world...

Jobless

Best of luck to the hub

I conduct my business where cameras don't cover

forrestgimp

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 16-10-19, 10:52AM
It would seem that, our team manager said that once someone signs on a checkout, the hub/camera is on record watching  everything

They are the same as any other camera and record 24/7 which is no different than its always been the difference is that every camera is recorded now and not just a certain few due to vcr limitations.

Redshoes

What are Hub investigations?
Are they till investigations that result in a gentle word, retraining, a warning or a sacking?
Are they just a warning that things are not as they should be? We are not perfect and I don't think anyone can ever pretend that they are.
Do they sew up so much time doing investigations over such small things that they are not worth the effort?
Are they finding such small things as contrary to what was expected there are no big things going on and colleague theft is not a big issue in stores?

forrestgimp

They are investigations prompted by the hub, What happens is a memo comes down to the SM asking for something they deem suspicious to be investigated thats all.

Ahsda

Quote from: Long gone on 15-10-19, 05:51PM
Anyone else think that the "Hub" is just a ridiculous yet easy way to get rid of old full time staff for the most absurd reasons so that they get replaced by newer ones ?
" ok we saw you on camera talking to your customer on the till, that's now gross misconduct....you're fired"

"Old full time staff" are constantly on about how Tesco are trying to get rid of them..."how dare they ask me to multi-skill, how dare they ask me to work past 5pm, how dare they ask me to work weekends?" How about you get a grip and realise this is retail, move with the times and actually put a shift in.
If your not willing to do what everyone else in the store does then yes, yes they should be trying to get rid of you 🙄

😂😂😂

Long gone

Quote from: Ahsda on 18-10-19, 08:50PM
Anyone else think that the "Hub" is just a ridiculous yet easy way to get rid of old full time staff for the most absurd reasons so that they get replaced by newer ones ?
" ok we saw you on camera talking to your customer on the till, that's now gross misconduct....you're fired"

"Old full time staff" are constantly on about how Tesco are trying to get rid of them..."how dare they ask me to multi-skill, how dare they ask me to work past 5pm, how dare they ask me to work weekends?" How about you get a grip and realise this is retail, move with the times and actually put a shift in.
If your not willing to do what everyone else in the store does then yes, yes they should be trying to get rid of you 🙄

😂😂😂

Sorry to burst your bubble but I was the only one on my department who worked 3  1-10 shifts a week and did more work in a day than an average GA would work in a week, in the meantime  everyone else on my department finished at 2- 3pm and had about 700 breaks a day including gossip time in the warehouse as they were in so early no one noticed. Then I had to single-handedly do the work of an entire department on my own when they left. It's this sort of stuff the so called "Hub" should be spotting and reporting, not someone on a till who's working who may have accidentally double scanned something or spoken to a customer for a second longer than the allotted time. I refused to do the tills as well and got out of doing it for reasons I won't disclose and a lot of staff in my store also didn't have to do it as they were long serving members and were excluded from it due to them working for the company for 15-20 years. As the saying in our store went, "if I wanted a checkout job I would have applied for it".
The fact of the matter is that staffing levels in our store were that bad no one worked the shop floor as everyone was sat on a till or members who refused to go on them had all gone home as they always did early shifts when it wasn't busy. . Thank god im out of there now and the company will just fall further into oblivion because rid terrible management and getting rid of staff who know the job inside out for people who haven't got a clue 

VladPutin

The Hub is a stupid idea. But then, it came from head office, so that's a given. To paraphrase the line from the Joker movie(highly recommended)when it comes to head office,

"All they have are stupid ideas".

VladPutin

😂😂😂

I'm guessing you're a manager; no one who actually works for a living would post such tripe. :D

lucgeo

😂😂😂

Let's hope you're singing the same tune in ten years time, when the online shopping and discounters have the monopoly.

The "old timers" did all the s**t hours when they started, worked to the contracts and benefits stated, that were signed on their first day...as people left, they applied for the more/better hour vacancies which became available, and the newbies got the s**t hours left, until they managed to apply for better hours/ shifts when somebody else left.

Now all newbies get s**t flexi shifts from the start, but unlike the " old timers" who accepted the terms and waited for better shifts, the newbies want it all about then NOW!! Shouting "unfair" if everyone isn't working late nights, Sunday's, and contrary to what you think, most are multi tasking every day, picking up and finishing tasks that most new managers and staff, leave because they either don't know how to do it, or don't have the work ethos of the "old timers" to manage their workload and finish their tasks before clocking off!

So how about you get a grip, drop the h, and move to Asda, see how you get on there ???

alf

My strawman is better than your strawman.

Long gone

Quote from: lucgeo on 20-10-19, 06:49PM

😂😂😂

Let's hope you're singing the same tune in ten years time, when the online shopping and discounters have the monopoly.

The "old timers" did all the s**t hours when they started, worked to the contracts and benefits stated, that were signed on their first day...as people left, they applied for the more/better hour vacancies which became available, and the newbies got the s**t hours left, until they managed to apply for better hours/ shifts when somebody else left.

Now all newbies get s**t flexi shifts from the start, but unlike the " old timers" who accepted the terms and waited for better shifts, the newbies want it all about then NOW!! Shouting "unfair" if everyone isn't working late nights, Sunday's, and contrary to what you think, most are multi tasking every day, picking up and finishing tasks that most new managers and staff, leave because they either don't know how to do it, or don't have the work ethos of the "old timers" to manage their workload and finish their tasks before clocking off!

So how about you get a grip, drop the h, and move to Asda, see how you get on there ???

Outstanding  :thumbup:

Hammer10

How about you shut up some of us old timers you call get up at stupid hours of the day and do a proper days work and not just decard the shelves and make them selves look busy when a manager is about.I started at Tesco todo a certain job and not to sit on a bloody till.

Jobless

What is all the discussion about the hub just do a bit of work and go home. If you are working you will have no issue with cameras being there. I once was blamed for something as a GA said "no" the manager said "yes" no witnesses and guess what the manager was too busy to check the cameras. Warning was issued on rational based on the managers word superceding the GA. All just BS!

dingo124

Hello,

Can anyone share any info on how the hub works out o n main bank checkouts?? a few of the girls seem to think cameras are built into the scanners? we recently got an upgrade in light of the hub coming in to our shop. is this even possible?

It sounds ridiculous/ludicrous to me but from what they were saying theres no other way.

Regards.

lucgeo

No they're not going to be put into each scanner...hell the scanners don't work properly half the time!

The cameras will be installed throughout the store, you should be informed as to where, and CCTV notices prominently displayed.

forrestgimp

Quote from: dingo124 on 23-10-19, 12:43PM
Hello,

Can anyone share any info on how the hub works out o n main bank checkouts?? a few of the girls seem to think cameras are built into the scanners? we recently got an upgrade in light of the hub coming in to our shop. is this even possible?

It sounds ridiculous/ludicrous to me but from what they were saying theres no other way.

Regards.

No, The new cameras will be above you so they can see into the cash draw and the belt. They can see what you put into or take out of the till what scans we even have the POS list going up the screen as you scan an item so say you scan a pack of beef slices but the camera sees you put through some whiskey an alert will pop up on the security lecturn and office if you still have one and I assume the same alert pops up where ever the hub is located.

Whistleblower

Why are people asking about the hub still, tesco management under the data protection act should have told you where every camera is and the purpose of each camera, if not and you do something wrong you cannot be disciplined as they have not followed procedure,and it looks like from most posts that Tesco have not followed the data  protection act, same with canteen , breaking hygiene rules, if more Tesco staff reported them to the relevant authorities, maybe something will be done, but Tesco are getting away with it because they think they are above the law, their not.

forrestgimp

I take it you have reported your store to all the relevent authorities for the transgressions you have. How has that panned out for you?

Whistleblower

Reported them to Ico for data protection breaches , they gave me a case officer and said they would look into it, and reported breaking hygiene rules to my local authority who then passed it on to primary authotity for tesco s Luton council, then after that they don t really contact you on what s the next step,

optout

keep us informed on here (on the relevant threads) of any developments (changes you see instore), there is nothing like people actually doing something about stuff, to encourage other people to do the same.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

poorrotation1

Quote from: Whistleblower on 23-10-19, 05:39PM
Why are people asking about the hub still, tesco management under the data protection act should have told you where every camera is and the purpose of each camera, if not and you do something wrong you cannot be disciplined as they have not followed procedure,and it looks like from most posts that Tesco have not followed the data  protection act, same with canteen , breaking hygiene rules, if more Tesco staff reported them to the relevant authorities, maybe something will be done, but Tesco are getting away with it because they think they are above the law, their not.

Presumably you're going to reference where its states every camera is in the data protection act. All I can see is

'Have you notified individuals with fair processing information including letting them know when they are in an area where a surveillance system is in operation and their right to access their recordings/images?'

Every store i've ever been into has the sign covering this part of the data protection act notifying staff and customers CCTV surveillance is in operation and the email should you need to access footage?

Whistleblower

All staff should have written policy on Cctv coverage in the workplace, I have not seen this and looking at previous posts neither has a lot of staff,and one little sign at the entrance does not cover the act, has your store when going in and out the warehouse got signs about ccctv coverage, same with back of produce,I bet they have nt, do you know who is accessing the coverage and their email address to contact them, I bet you don t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk