Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:54PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Rock

Quote from: The-shelf-filler on 12-06-18, 07:35PM
Lost track on all of this so just want to ask for a summary of what's happening please.

My days off are Sunday and Monday,will I get a payment ?

Yes you will get a payment, it's called earning your wages from Tuesday until Sat*rday! 

Nomad

https://www.kentlive.news/whats-on/shopping/tesco-tons-jobs-offer-kent-1673742
QuoteHere's what's on offer to employees:

Colleague discount card (including a second card for a family member) after six months service with 10 per cent off most purchases at Tesco
    An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5 per cent of eligible 2016/17 earnings.
    Childcare vouchers
    Share schemes
    Deals and discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
    Deals and discounts through many other external businesses
    Earn one and a half times your hourly rate when working Sundays and an additional £2.21 for every hour worked between midnight and 6am
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

mexicopete

Tosco will just blame this on an oversight by the new Adminstrators in the stores affected as they are new at their jobs :-X :-X :-X :-X The old PMs were far to good at their jobs to have allowed this mistake to happen. :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
The worlds me lobster

Equalizer87

They can't even afford the "Administrators"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

flowerpower

Just checked vacancies still advertising time and a half for sundays ;D

penguin

Nearly as funny as the local express stores around where I live advertising 8 hour weekly contracts and it says salary is "competitive" what with a full time paper round.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Red75

Working 30 hours a week. 7.5 hours on Sunday. I'm going to be approximately £11 per week (4.3%) better off in November 2018 than I was in November 2016. Taking into account inflation this is not a rise and more likely a cut. People will struggle with the realisation that Tesco can reduce their pay, by a not insignificant amount, at  the end of June with no compensation whatsoever.
Speaking to a manager, who claims to have read the literature which was distributed at the time of the pay deal. She has no notion of how this is going to work. She seems to think that we will be compensated for the earnings which we lose at the end of June.
Interestingly, I can not find any information on the formula that is to be used for the compensation of the loss of earnings relating to the reduction in Sunday premium on the USDAW website.
Nice to see Dave Lewis has negotiated himself a new bonus package that will pay out 6x salary if targets are met.

The-shelf-filler

Quote from: Red Rock on 13-06-18, 10:07PM
Quote from: The-shelf-filler on 12-06-18, 07:35PM
Lost track on all of this so just want to ask for a summary of what's happening please.

My days off are Sunday and Monday,will I get a payment ?

Yes you will get a payment, it's called earning your wages from Tuesday until Sat*rday!
A yes or no would suffice instead of sarcastic comments.

notsofunny

If you do not work on a Sunday then why should you be geting a pay out , that is what he means  ,

claden

Quote from: Red75 on 14-06-18, 08:00PM
Working 30 hours a week. 7.5 hours on Sunday. I'm going to be approximately £11 per week (4.3%) better off in November 2018 than I was in November 2016. Taking into account inflation this is not a rise and more likely a cut. People will struggle with the realisation that Tesco can reduce their pay, by a not insignificant amount, at  the end of June with no compensation whatsoever.
Speaking to a manager, who claims to have read the literature which was distributed at the time of the pay deal. She has no notion of how this is going to work. She seems to think that we will be compensated for the earnings which we lose at the end of June.
Interestingly, I can not find any information on the formula that is to be used for the compensation of the loss of earnings relating to the reduction in Sunday premium on the USDAW website.
Nice to see Dave Lewis has negotiated himself a new bonus package that will pay out 6x salary if targets are met.
They will calculate what youvearned between june 17 to June 18 then estimate what you would earn between june 18 and june 19 then give you a pay out of the difference in your July pay but you'll receive a letter before hand to tell you if you are entitled to anything.

claden

Quote from: notsofunny on 14-06-18, 11:53PM

If you do not work on a Sunday then why should you be geting a pay out , that is what he means  ,
Unless you work nights in which case Saturday night into Sunday gets Sunday premium pay.

The-shelf-filler

Quote from: claden on 15-06-18, 07:08AM

Unless you work nights in which case Sat*rday night into Sunday gets Sunday premium pay.
I do work nights.

notsofunny

Quote from: claden on 15-06-18, 07:08AM

Unless you work nights in which case Sat*rday night into Sunday gets Sunday premium pay.

Even if you work nights you would need to work on a sunday ,, Sat into Sunday means you work Sunday ,

Do those that work on nights get a night rate as well as a sunday rate ?

Loki

Quote from: claden on 15-06-18, 07:07AM
Quote from: Red75 on 14-06-18, 08:00PM
They will calculate what youvearned between june 17 to June 18 then estimate what you would earn between june 18 and june 19 then give you a pay out of the difference in your July pay but you'll receive a letter before hand to tell you if you are entitled to anything.

Pay data: Earnings calculated at Nov 16 to Nov 17. This will be compared with what pay would be, working exact same hours with new higher rate and new lower premium rates.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

his scots tie

If your full time 36.5 hours per week and work every Sunday,you will lose 7.5 hours premium per month at £8.02  you will be £60.15  a month worse off.  With pay rise in July and November you will get an extra £61.36 per month so overall £1.17 per month better off.

So much for 10% pay rise, fairness, transparency and treating others with respect.  The great Tesco, and Drastic Dave and his cronies.

Disappointed 64

I got a letter today, and when I saw it I thought, oh here goes a dear john letter to tell me I'm going down on Sunday to time and a quarter, you see I'm no longer Tesco as they got rid of me to vision express. But low and behold, the clouds parted lol and Tesco came good, for once lol, the letter told me that I was getting my bonus even though we were told we wouldn't get it, so thank you Tesco, you played fair, thanks very much.

bugsbunny

so we go to time and a quarter shortly. are managers going to time and a quarter to? Has anyone received a letter about pay out yet?

daftjoe

fatboy

Managers should be paid single time at most to reflect the amount of work they do......lazy bu***rd.

Me2015

Maybe in your experience Fatboy, but not in mine!  The premium payments meant that little bit bit graft as there was half as many folk in to do the job, so us lazy bu***rd's had to put more effort in!
I'd be telling your lot to get their finger out fella!

fatboy

From the amount of posts read on here about the lack of effort from managers, I think it's a wider problem than just in my store!!

bugsbunny

Life after tossco

Yes I think everyone would agree! I'd say at least 90% of management are lazy, overpaid. I've only come across one or two managers that have ever been any help and that worked as hard as a GA. Less management = happier workforce!

Hammer10

They should calculate like they did last year when we lost double time not sure if they are .

JL

Yes alot of the managers are lazy but some people should take a look at themselves first before making such allegations. It is the same people who want to decorate the 1 aisle while the in stores are through the roof elsewhere as cages of stock are left in the warehouse unworked. If the customer is desparate to find something they will ask an assistant to locate the product. The major problem is people are unwilling to adapt to modern retail and are stuck in ways they were trained to 10 20 30+ years ago. Products in a warehouse cannot be located as fast as those on shelf's but not pulled forward. Tesco could get away with this years ago but with discounters ringing there throat and amazon knocking them on the head people have to move with the times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk