News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 08:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,419
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 514
Total: 516

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

Tesco allows staff to request flexible working from day one, ahead of law change
Just because you can 'ask' does in no way mean you will get it.

Ever since the invention of the wheel you could 'ask' to change your hours, never ever has there been any law preventing you from asking.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

FarmerFred

Quote from: Nomad on 04-08-23, 10:23AMShoppers are split as 'Christmas chocolates' have already gone on sale over four months before the festive season
Absolutely ridiculous  :( 
Tesco have often had tubs available during the summer holidays & also in the build up to halloween, not just as Christmas sweets. The only thing "absolutely ridiculous" is people overreacting & making an issue out of nothing.

Also, local garage has them all year round....

grim up north

They've been in my local store for at least a fortnight already

penguin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66699084

Tesco staff to be offered body worn cameras due to a rise in abuse and attacks, I thought this was already standard practice, I know its been a couple of years now since I left but when I go into my local branch most staff have the cameras on there person.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

whatajoke2019

We have them in our store but it only tends to be people on BWS or checkouts.

Given how lenient the sentences are (if it even makes it to court and results in a prosecution) then all the cameras in the world are not going to make for much of a deterrent.

Would be interesting to see how much all retailers who've streamlined security have saved on payroll vs. stock loss across stores - mind you we even had one security guard once who was helping the shoplifters  :D

fatlad

Due to expansion

barafear

Half year results released today (strangely I didn't get my email from Ken - maybe I've unsubscribed!) - anyway - on ourT - finally some comments on the "news section" - as usual - everyone asking for a pay rise and bonus! Oh the joy of Usdaw giving up our bonus rumbles on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66932287

penguin

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk