News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:14PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 266
Total: 268

References

Started by alexsafc96, 12-06-18, 12:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexsafc96

I have been trying to get an employment reference from Tesco.
The company (Company A)who offered me a new job and required the employment reference from Tesco sent them an email to external.enquiries@uk.tesco.com.  Included in the email was a link for Tesco to fill out and complete. I don't know if they completed this link, or they just sent out a basic employment reference to Company A. After checking with Tesco that the reference had been sent out, Company A did not receive the reference.
I have submitted the same reference request but now have to wait 5-6 for this to be processed by Tesco.
Is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

JL

Meant to be starting a new job in a week but Tesco haven't sent my reference to new employer that was requested is there anyway of chasing this up? Asked TM but he said he wouldn't deal with it.  ???

angrybeaver

Can anyone with experience in the matter advise what the company actually include in an employment reference?

Had a lot of time off in the past couple of years and also many years ago for bereavement and worried it could be mentioned as absence and portray me negatively.

Walker

Official company references don't contain anything like that - just day of joining, leaving and position name.

angrybeaver

Nancy

Hi.

I'm just wondering what people's experience is when requesting a reference for a mortgage?  My mortgage company has requested that the information be emailed to them but it seems that HO have posted it and now a good week after Tesco say it was posted my mortgage company still have not received it.  Any advice would be welcome. :thumbup:

NightAndDay

Quote from: alexsafc96 on 12-06-18, 12:20PM
I have been trying to get an employment reference from Tesco.
The company (Company A)who offered me a new job and required the employment reference from Tesco sent them an email to external.enquiries@uk.tesco.com.  Included in the email was a link for Tesco to fill out and complete. I don't know if they completed this link, or they just sent out a basic employment reference to Company A. After checking with Tesco that the reference had been sent out, Company A did not receive the reference.
I have submitted the same reference request but now have to wait 5-6 for this to be processed by Tesco.
Is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

I work in an Express store but i guess it should be no different to other formats, get company A to email <store number>@uk.tesco.com, that way your direct manager or SM can give a reference.

References are done by head office your SM and TM will take nothing to do with it

NightAndDay

My SM did mine, I got them to email <store number>@uk.tesco.com and he did it.

Yayakolo

Quote from: Walker on 23-07-18, 05:53PM
Official company references don't contain anything like that - just day of joining, leaving and position name.

Will they contain the reason you left? For example dismissal resignation ect or will they literally just state the day you started and the day you left?

Expressdude2016

Quote from: NightAndDay on 20-02-19, 04:07PM
My SM did mine, I got them to email <store number>@uk.tesco.com and he did it.

They shouldn't have it's actually misconduct for store managers  to send reference. he/She can send there own personal reference but this can not contain specific information regarding you employment nor from a Tesco email address.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Yayakolo on 19-05-19, 10:31PM
Quote from: Walker on 23-07-18, 05:53PM

Will they contain the reason you left? For example dismissal resignation ect or will they literally just state the day you started and the day you left?

It only states the period you were employed there no other details.

Yayakolo

Would it be the same if an employer did an experian background check?

optout

waiting for a reference myself, employer sent email request to tesco. Then tesco emailed a request form to the employer, this request form (then emailed by the employer to me) had to be filled in and signed by myself, giving tesco permission to give the reference to the employer. that was a few days ago, and I have heard nothing yet. But reading the above comments, I don't hold out much hope of expediency. In my case though I am not that concerned, there is no rush and I sort of expected tesco to c**k it up, par for the course with tesco.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Yayakolo

I've recently been dismissed and am waiting for a reference from tesco and was just wondering what would be included in the reference does anyone know if it's different if you've been dismissed compared to being a "standard leaver"

NightAndDay

Tescos references aren't traditional references, if you're gettimg a reference from head office, it will just contain start date, job title and end date. If you'ee getting a personal reference from the SM, they will put that you were dismissed for xyz.

Yayakolo

So that's a fact the definitely won't put the fact I was dismissed in a reference?

NightAndDay

Yayakolo

Sorry about the paranoia just wanted confirmation as waiting to hear back from an employer about one thank you for you advice

merchandiser4u

Hi,

My new employer sent an email off with the Tesco form filled out and it took them 10 or so days to get back to my new employer as per http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16784.msg228732#msg228732

Good luck and all the best xx

Fantasist_halo

Hey all, I unfortunately got dismissed from Tesco a month ago. Now I have applied for a new job but the woman of the new job has messaged me if I can contact Tesco for the reference as she hasn't had a reply from them about my reference., but I'm not allowed as it's not done by the managers themselves. And I've told her I won't be able to got the reference. What shall I do? As I have a feeling she won't give me the job if I can't get a reference.

I'm also with an agency and they've been perfect and have had regular work consistently since I got dismissed.

Rad

Did you give them the email address for getting references from Tesco?

monty67

Tesco will not provide a reference without you filling in a form to give them permission to divulge your personal information.
Any request without one will be sent back to store with the form as an attachment.

Fantasist_halo

I have never had a form . And
Quote from: Rad on 01-12-19, 02:47PM
Did you give them the email address for getting references from Tesco?

I don't know many email addresses of the store I got dismissed from unfortunately

Fantasist_halo

Quote from: monty67 on 01-12-19, 06:12PM
Tesco will not provide a reference without you filling in a form to give them permission to divulge your personal information.
Any request without one will be sent back to store with the form as an attachment.

I have never had such a form. Even when I moved stores due to house move. I never got one. What should I do now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk