Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-10-18, 12:52PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 6030
  • Latest: vizyon
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81090
  • Total Topics: 1708
  • Online Today: 123
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 93
Total: 96

Author Topic: References  (Read 1536 times)

alexsafc96

• VLH Supporter
References
« on: 12-06-18, 12:20PM »
I have been trying to get an employment reference from Tesco.
The company (Company A)who offered me a new job and required the employment reference from Tesco sent them an email to external.enquiries@uk.tesco.com.  Included in the email was a link for Tesco to fill out and complete. I don't know if they completed this link, or they just sent out a basic employment reference to Company A. After checking with Tesco that the reference had been sent out, Company A did not receive the reference.
I have submitted the same reference request but now have to wait 5-6 for this to be processed by Tesco.
Is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
Re: References
« Reply #1 on: 14-06-18, 12:56PM »
Meant to be starting a new job in a week but Tesco haven’t sent my reference to new employer that was requested is there anyway of chasing this up? Asked TM but he said he wouldn’t deal with it.  ???

angrybeaver

« Reply #2 on: 23-07-18, 01:10PM »
Can anyone with experience in the matter advise what the company actually include in an employment reference?

Had a lot of time off in the past couple of years and also many years ago for bereavement and worried it could be mentioned as absence and portray me negatively.

Walker

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 23-07-18, 05:53PM »
 Official company references don't contain anything like that - just day of joining, leaving and position name.

angrybeaver

« Reply #4 on: 23-07-18, 06:35PM »
Thanks.