Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-06-18, 11:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7900
  • Latest: Hassell
Stats
  • Total Posts: 76929
  • Total Topics: 1599
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Grievance under Terms and Conditions  (Read 1696 times)

Iron Giant

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
Grievance under Terms and Conditions
« on: 03-06-18, 12:13PM »
I've seen mentioned a few times that a grievance filed under Terms and conditions gets taken directly out of store to be dealt with.

Out of curiosity, why is this, how can one be sure it has been handled correctly (IE. Correctly escalated out of store) and finally how broadly is the "terms and conditions" aspect policed? Can a grievance that has even the most tenuous t & c link be filed as one?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Cairney39

• Regular Pain
Re: Grievance under Terms and Conditions
« Reply #1 on: 03-06-18, 04:44PM »
No grievance needs to be taken out of store. If a manager has received level 3 training they can hear it, barring a conflict of interests.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #2 on: 04-06-18, 10:33AM »
The types of grievance are relevant in the outcome only, IIRC there are only 1 maybe 2 where ultimately it goes out of store if you are unhappy with the in store decision. Bullying/Harassment is one not sure if any others do as I have not personally put one in under any other heading.

At least one to my limited knowledge says that once a decision is made and an appeal is heard in store regardless of outcome that is it its over.

No grievance goes out of store straight away and most never make it that far at resolution either... 

The relevance being that, If a grievance has a chance of going out of store to be seen by external people the managers at the start of the process will do it by the book and not a shoddy nod to the system while dismissing it out of hand because they cant be bothered or they dont want to upset their manager mate.
« Last Edit: 04-06-18, 10:36AM by forrestgimp »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 04-06-18, 02:12PM »
Terms and conditions no longer goes out of store. It's now only dignity at work.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Ruby1

« Reply #4 on: 12-06-18, 07:16PM »
Hi, looking for help. I've recently put in a grievance against my store manager and area manager, it's due to be heard this week but they've appointed a fresh trade manager to hear it. As I'm a line manager and I'm putting in a grievance against a store and area manager is this correct procedure or should the area personnel be hearing it. Any advice would be great.

GreenGrocer

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 12-06-18, 09:10PM »
Ruby1 are you looking for the job or something, what’s been happening?

Me2015

« Reply #6 on: 13-06-18, 11:10AM »
New process now, as long as the relevant manager has completed the new training for G&D then there is no specific job role to hear a grievance.
They need to be an outside with impartiality on the case