Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:55PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 271
Total: 273

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mexicopete

@kaled78 these were my exact thoughts when l read the post about them keeping 1.5% in the earlier post. The usual unbelievable lack of sensitivity shown by Drastics hit squad...even by the lowly standards they have set as their benchmark, they have lowered the bar to a new low...in fact at this rate they need to dig a trench to get it any lower. :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

notsofunny

Quote from: madness on 11-06-18, 07:45PM
Managers are going back to 2x payment as many are not picking up Sundays as a 6th working day. Stores can't get management cover.

Ok so thats news ,  which place did you find this from ?

notsofunny

Quote from: mexicopete on 11-06-18, 09:33PM
@kaled78 these were my exact thoughts when l read the post about them keeping 1.5% in the earlier post. The usual unbelievable lack of sensitivity shown by Drastics hit squad...even by the lowly standards they have set as their benchmark, they have lowered the bar to a new low...in fact at this rate they need to dig a trench to get it any lower. :( :( :(

I think they have not recived a pay rise in line with what we have got , if that is so then thats why they have not sorted out the sunday rate , Its around the so called skill payment mess  8-)

tarzanboyo

I dont think the managers know anything yet, still waiting on answers.

[gmod]Try this topic for your holiday question, http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=15778.msg187631#msg187631[/gmod]

Thanks for any help!

sammy

When is there going to be any communication about this. There only 2 Sunday's left at time and half. Managers are just telling staff different things in store like it's a straight payment of the loss. To keep people happy so the keep doing them for now. They've know this was going to happen last July.

barafear

All the communication seems to suggest a letter to home address for those affected in JUNE (so sometime in the next 18 days) - but clearly if that's only 3% of workforce, it might be a struggle to know whether they've been sent out or not.
As previous posts in this thread have suggested, people who work Sundays only should get a letter - so if you know anyone - ask.

Very frustrating the underhand way that Tesco seem to be going about (and seemingly allowed to go about) the method of calculating any "loss".

As previously stated - how they can compare a year prior to pay rise to a year after all the pay rises have been implemented (over a 20 month period I think) is baffling.

It will just create a divided workplace/workforce - but then again, it's a like it or lump it scenario.

Unfortunately, moving forward, Tesco will always be able to find school leavers/students willing to work for £8.50+ an hour - regardless of whether it's Saturday, Sunday etc.

They generally carry on with their social lives (I'm just jealous) and turn up with hangovers every Sunday - and probably Saturday as well if they work early enough.

5 years down the line, it'll be like "premium payments" never existed!!

The-shelf-filler

Lost track on all of this so just want to ask for a summary of what's happening please.

My days off are Sunday and Monday,will I get a payment ?

lordadmiral

The-shelf-filler  - No. Never. In your dreams.

JL

If you don't like it opt out of Sunday working or find a new job. Every company would do the same thing. Making no excuses for the poor coms from MM though. It's the usual they like to pretend they understand but don't have a clue.

Red75

The thing that I find unsavory about this is this is that the rate of pay in November 2016 would not even meet the present minimum wage so how can they use this for comparison. I will be - working 30 hours a week including Sunday - compared with 30 June pay rates, approximately £11 a week worse of on July 1st and £2 a week worse off with the November pay rise. When  presented with the new contract, why would I sign a contract with a lesser rate of pay unless I am  compensated for doing so. That £11 a week for four or five months is really going to hurt. Used to have disposable income on nights money but no longer.

The-shelf-filler

alf

The-shelf-filler

Quote from: alf on 13-06-18, 03:20AM
Because you don't work Sunday...
What if someone worked Saturday night ?

Red65

I am contracted monday to friday but work every sunday as overtime. Do i get anyyhing?

fatboy

Why doesn't everyone just wait & see instead of asking people on here who can't answer the question!!

Hammer10

Quote from: Red65 on 13-06-18, 08:56AM
I am contracted monday to friday but work every sunday as overtime. Do i get anyyhing?
no you don't as you are not contracted for that day.

Expressdude2016

notsofunny

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 09-06-18, 04:43PM
Quote from: his scots tie on 09-06-18, 12:18PM
Wont touch any premiums again untill july 2020.This was in the pay briefing.It is my understanding the 16p per hour payrise we get in july is Tesco reinvesting the cut in sunday and bank holidays to time and quarter.What you earned in 12 months to june 2018,and what you earn with the 16p pay rise for next 12 months,the diffrence is your pay out ,18 months diffrence,awarded in july.Staff should be getting a letter shortly.

Here's what Usdaw said when asked to explain how cushion payments are worked out...

To calculate if staff will receive a transition payment Tesco will analysis a years pay data for every member of staff from November 2016 to November 17. This would then be compared with what their pay would be working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay and the lower premium rate. If an individual is worse off under the new pay structure, they will receive a payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay. If people have worked Sunday as overtime between these dates this would be included in their calculation. Not everyone who works Sunday will receive a payment. Its about weather following ALL the changes (in the 2 year pay plan, not just the extra 16p per hour in July) they are financially impacted. Tesco will be writing to staff affected in June to confirm payment they receive.

The fact that Tesco stated that 97% of the work force would be ''Better off'' (& therefore would not be receiving a pay out) means I'm expecting nothing.
Quote from: Hammer10 on 13-06-18, 10:15AM
Quote from: Red65 on 13-06-18, 08:56AM
no you don't as you are not contracted for that day.

Does that not mean that they could :question:

barafear

Despite the lack of comms etc. this really isn't rocket science.

Clearly, if you do not work Sundays, then you will not get a cushion payment - because you are not going to be negatively impacted.
In fact, you will "enjoy" the full benefit of the headline 10.5% pay increase (over 20-odd months).

I'm surprised by the calculations of previous poster (Red75) who claims to be worse off - despite working a 30 hour week. Can I ask how many hours (of your 30) are worked on a Sunday? It seems highly unlikely using Tesco's rather dubious method of calculation that you could be worse off (you won't be 10.5% better off, but unlikely it will be worse off).

As for people doing overtime, yes you will have this included in any assessment - but again, unless you barely do any hours for the rest of the week, it's unlikely to trigger a cushion payment.

Simple example:

Let's say you're contracted to 12 hours during the week.
You also happen to work EVERY Sunday as overtime - let's say 7.5 hours.

Even on this example you would not qualify for a cushion payment.

The only possibilty would be if, lets say as an example, you only worked 7 hours during the week, and happened to do Sunday overtime of 8+ hours per week.

Remember BH working is also included in this - so if you happened to work 6 BHs a year (think we're closed on Easter Sunday and Christmas Day) - then that would "improve" your chances of getting a cushion payment.

This is a forum where we try to help each other - so I'm happy to assist until the small number of letters Tesco sends out start landing on the door mats!!

I'm also hoping that Tesco do show a full breakdown in their calculations - rather than just a couple of figures.

Red75

I understand that over the whole period of the pay reward I will be better off. I will have receive a higher rate of pay in July 2018 than I was receiving in November 2016. What I am pointing at is the immediate effect. I will be £11 worse off at the beginning of July than I was at the end of June.

his scots tie

What would a full timer get 36.5 working every sunday.Another 7.5 hours lost,premium,but 16p in july and 3% in nov covers that.It just means in effect no payrise.Robbing b*****ds

barafear

Quote from: Red75 on 13-06-18, 02:28PM
I understand that over the whole period of the pay reward I will be better off. I will have receive a higher rate of pay in July 2018 than I was receiving in November 2016. What I am pointing at is the immediate effect. I will be £11 worse off at the beginning of July than I was at the end of June.

Yes, I see what you mean now. But in Tesco's minds, they are basing the "November 2016" position as the "old position" and "November 2018" as the new position - whereas you are rightly comparing the difference between your June 2018 pay packet with your July 2018 pay packet.

Unfortunately, any complaints fall on deaf ears.

Charlie Harper

Much anger is being vented torwards Tesco, but remember USDAW passed it. I'm currently in the Union (for all their sins) but have decided that once I've had my free will writing service out of them, (which I've applied for today) then I'm quitting them.

his scots tie

Left USDAW 2 years ago,and fully reccomend any one thinking about it do it now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk