Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 216
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 208
Total: 212

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

So would you have been happy if you had got £700  :question:

Expectations  ??? why does anyone have them at all ?

cfaw

So Im only contracted to 3.75 hours a week on a sunday, will i be getting a payout?

NoIDontWorkHere

Notsofunny yeah I would've been ecstatic, would'nt have been able to feel the difference for a few months whilst I worked out some different hours with my manager to make up the short fall because I'm up against the wall as it is but now, well now there's just no reason to work Sundays. Not in my eyes anyway.

notsofunny

Do you truly think that Your manager will give you the hours  over the rest of the week ? and if not would could you afford to drop the hours ? since you would say you are up against the wall , could you afford to drop sundays 1/4 rate ,
I am being told by others in full time hours that they are not being offerd hours in place of the sunday ones, have you found the same thing going on in your store ?

NoIDontWorkHere

Not many people have shifted over from Sunday yet because they haven't seen the drop in wages but many are planning to. Those who have dropped out haven't been given other hours elsewhere as overtime is so scarce that people fill the Sunday hours straight away just trying to make ends meet. If I'd say down with my manager and talked it out I've no doubt they would've given me hours through the week to make up for it here and there but in all honesty I've been planning my escape from the company for a little while, it's just now that I've been given the kick to get out because I don't even break even anymore. With overtime when I first started I'd have a few hundred left at the end of the month. Not so any more.

lordadmiral

Know how you feel. I used to save 485 pound buying shares. Now its only 5 pound.
Same home, same food, same utility bils, same life. But now it all cost much more.
Incrise in rent and council tax was higher than pay rise we had last December.
Really fantastic future tesco holds for us. Misery.

Life after tossco

The whole company is a sham. The only thing you can do is to go out and find another job that's not working for the s*** thieving gits that are Tesco and its upper Jewish money robbing management. I hope this company falls to its knees with the way it has treated hard loyal human beings that have worked so hard for them over the years only to receive little in return.  >:D >:D

Equalizer87

@ life after tossco

Firstly, drop the anti-Semitism, it's bad enough the Labour Party of full of anti-semites then to start it again here.

Apart from that I agree with the rest of the post.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

notsofunny

and if you take the Labour party bit out I would agree with you completely ,

Williams34

Sunday's supposed to go to just time next year! And we still have not had a briefing about it time and a quarter

his scots tie

Wont touch any premiums again untill july 2020.This was in the pay briefing.It is my understanding the 16p per hour payrise we get in july is Tesco reinvesting the cut in sunday and bank holidays to time and quarter.What you earned in 12 months to june 2018,and what you earn with the 16p pay rise for next 12 months,the diffrence is your pay out ,18 months diffrence,awarded in july.Staff should be getting a letter shortly.

JL

Quote from: Williams34 on 09-06-18, 11:16AM
Sunday's supposed to go to just time next year! And we still have not had a briefing about it time and a quarter

It looks like there will be a few unfilled aisles on a Sunday but suppose it's nothing new nowadays. A pay cut and expected to do more will only send the company in one direction up the wall like the many others. People think Tesco is bullet proof but give it a few years for Aldi, Lidl and Amazon to make real inroads. Then you have Sainsbury's taking the p**s out them. Look at w h Smith they have had to scrap most managers and can't even afford lighting to remain on the high street. Say a bad example if you want. Dave Lewis is only competing with Philip green.

Life after tossco

We can only hope ;D ;D
The sooner this company collapses on its knees the better! All the honest GA's who are to afraid to look for a better job will have to find one and all the overpaid, big headed, s c u m management will have to find a job where they will have to work hard for pennies. With the way Dave and his cronies are pulling the plug on everything Tesco grew into, they seem to be receding to me a lot like Dave Lewis's own hairline, stripped bare and bald. It's just one big sell off and shutdown and people are already leaving Tesco in droves at the shambolic way they are delivering service to customers. (-*-) (-*-) (-*-) :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Equalizer87

Quote from: notsofunny on 08-06-18, 10:53PM

and if you take the Labour party bit out I would agree with you completely ,

Why is everyone scared of the truth?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Dooby27

The reality stores will have less managers, and less colleagues. This is because there are still too many costs with stores, and too many managers.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: his scots tie on 09-06-18, 12:18PM
Wont touch any premiums again untill july 2020.This was in the pay briefing.It is my understanding the 16p per hour payrise we get in july is Tesco reinvesting the cut in sunday and bank holidays to time and quarter.What you earned in 12 months to june 2018,and what you earn with the 16p pay rise for next 12 months,the diffrence is your pay out ,18 months diffrence,awarded in july.Staff should be getting a letter shortly.

Here's what Usdaw said when asked to explain how cushion payments are worked out...

To calculate if staff will receive a transition payment Tesco will analysis a years pay data for every member of staff from November 2016 to November 17. This would then be compared with what their pay would be working the same hours, with the new higher rate of pay and the lower premium rate. If an individual is worse off under the new pay structure, they will receive a payment equivalent to 18 months of the difference in pay. If people have worked Sunday as overtime between these dates this would be included in their calculation. Not everyone who works Sunday will receive a payment. Its about weather following ALL the changes (in the 2 year pay plan, not just the extra 16p per hour in July) they are financially impacted. Tesco will be writing to staff affected in June to confirm payment they receive.

The fact that Tesco stated that 97% of the work force would be ''Better off'' (& therefore would not be receiving a pay out) means I'm expecting nothing.

his scots tie

From nov 16 rate of £7.62 ,to Nov 18 rate of 8.42,the diffrence is .80p per hour.For a full time member of staff thats £116.80 per month extra.The same full timer working all sundays 7.5 hours a week will have lost 7.5 hours premium so a total of just over £63.So no chance of anyone getting a payout.Surely doing calculation that way is not right,and quite clearley grossly unfair.

Equalizer87

It's meant to be unfair,  it's meant to save Tesco having to payout.

his scots tie

It wasn't done like that last time though. I don't expect to get out of this c**ppy company, but surely usbore aren't that thick to let tosco get away with it.

Equalizer87

They've let them get away with so much already,  why would they risk their treasured brown nose rights.

Totot

My bet, tesco already calculate all the data before and already decided how much they willing to pay, so they make this rule, after calculating the pay rise .

The basic formula might be how many % hours that will get the cushion pay. range from 100% someone who only work on sunday to someone who work full time but only work minimal hours on sunday.

They must be already targeted the amount of staff who will  get the cushion pay with this formula and the amount of increase plus timing too.
My rough calculation if your sunday hours percentage compare your total hours a week is less that 29%, possibly you wont have any cushion payment, only if it is bigger than that, but it wont be that much either.

The biggest pay will be if only you work only on sunday on 7.5 hours, you will have £ 702. But that only my calculation base on what i can read online, not the actual calculation that my manager supposed to explain it to me, so might be wrong.

bugsbunny

Why have Managers not been told they are going to 1.25 on Sunday?

notsofunny

Are Managers going to 1.25 ? I think I heard that they will be staying on 1.5%

madness

Managers are going back to 2x payment as many are not picking up Sundays as a 6th working day. Stores can't get management cover.

kaled78

if that's true that will just p*** more ga's off and managers will be by themselves on sundays!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk