Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:48AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 272
Total: 277

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegy

Hmm, Posters? Team 5? Not seen anything till today of this at all. Interesting. Will ask around and see if anyone else in my store knew this line existed.

The Mrs

Welcome to VLH, Stegy :)

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

fatty

STEGY, welcome! The notice and phone number should be on your staff notice board or in your staff reception if you have one.

FATTY,
Your actions dictate your future, your inactions your past"

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

kool_girl53

quote:
Originally posted by Stegy

Hmm, Posters? Team 5? Not seen anything till today of this at all. Interesting.

I agree I dont recall having seen any poster for this and I do team 5 for night shift in my store and have done for the last year dont recall ever seeing anything about it on there either!

scammster

I've not seen anything to do with this at our store will have to have a better look see what i can find

EAT MY DUST!!!

Waistedyears

very nice! didnt know such a thing existed, i will let people know about this.. the amount of H&S violations we have in our store i see (not inc ones i dont see) is disgusting.. prob is some of its due to management and not much i thought i could do.. cheers :)

The Mrs

Welcome to VLH, Waistedyears :)

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

Jasper

As an update, due to intimidation and victimisation from Management over what I felt was a breach of H&S Act 1974 on a Duty of Care, of which I had 100% proof.  >:(

I phoned the CPL explained  the issue, they were more interested in who I was complaining about, as soon as I mentioned Management.  They said they were unable to deal with it.  >:(

Well, STRESCO I did give you a chance to sort it in an amicable manner.  (-*-)

meir2900

can this be used to report staff members who are dealing drugs to friends whilst at work & out of work on the car park?

Chairswan

One would have thought so meir, as it's on company property.

fatty

Or even  better the Police! >:(
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

kazzer

did you report this matter Meir2900    why not report it to your P.M. or security guards to moniter

Problematique

Yes it does work :)

All they do is forward the information they collect to the relevant people in store, usually Senior Team and Security Manager.

just leaving

so problem solved - unless the problem is part of senior team?

Tesco-Ho

hmmm and where's the confidential in 'confidential protector line' if its passed back to store?

almostlost

I know of one person reporting a family of CA's (3 of them) on this line, regarding underage sales to friends/family.  Nothing was ever followed up.  Since then there have been a few things that I would have reported, but havnt bothered wasting my time.

mskickstool

As a matter of trivia interest, who would you report senior team, store managers etc to?

tescotimmy

never seen this advertised in my store, probably because it would be permanantly in use as no one gives a sh*t about anyone in my store. if you report a greivance  you are made to fell guilty and persecuted, the guilty party gets away scot free.

almostlost

Considered giving the protector line another call, a manager at my work is now getting credit card details off back office, and putting them through manually for customers who bought shopping but forgot to pay for fuel.

I've been told this has been reported to the new sm, but it was done again last Thursday.

Storck

I'm fairly sure that is wrong, but I can see where they are coming from. If someone hasn't paid for the fuel then they should do.

twinkletoes

It is totally wrong, I know a CSM that was sacked for it, some years ago.

georgeclooney

Quote from: almostlost on 12-05-10, 05:14PM
Considered giving the protector line another call, a manager at my work is now getting credit card details off back office, and putting them through manually for customers who bought shopping but forgot to pay for fuel.

I've been told this has been reported to the new sm, but it was done again last Thursday.

Surely this is fraud, a criminal offence?

Anne

If the customer is not aware that their details are being used, this is a criminal offense. Even if you ring somewhere to make a purchase, you are asked a question along the lines of "Do you authorise me to take a payment of XXXXX off your debit/credit card today?".

mr@mrs

need help could i use this line if my store manager is bullying other managers she has made 3 managers so far cry and since she has took over our viewpoint always comes back bad and now she has turned it round on the managers no over time for the next 14 weeks and extra work for the Ga's

apollo

you can use the protector line for this if it is a serious case of bullying however managers are accountable for all results including viewpoint but i do know it works as it happened in my store a few years ago

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk