News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:52PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 297
Total: 300

Redundancy Rights.

Started by Duracell, 02-03-13, 10:41AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galictica

Thanks Duracell. You have summed up the matter very well. It still feels like I'm getting kicked out the door and USDAW are holding the door open but I've decided to take the money and run.

Muggle

Hi, if i am working my redundancy notice but then go off sick with stress is the sickness still classed as notice??? 

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

doggiebody

My 45 consultation ends 19th October and i have decided to take redundancy.  Do I have to work two weeks notice or can I leave on the 45th day?

takethemoneyandrun

I've worked sun days for the last 15years surely there should be taken into consideration when calculating redundancy...I read a post on here somewhere (but can't find it)that someone argued there case and won getting an extra £5000 something to do with basic employment law...???

candilicious72

Quote from: doggiebody on 30-09-16, 12:50PM
My 45 consultation ends 19th October and i have decided to take redundancy.  Do I have to work two weeks notice or can I leave on the 45th day?

I was going to ask the same question. Surely if we want to leave say the end of consultation period say around 20th October all we would lose would be the notice part of the redundancy? Would be great if someone could clarify this. Any time I have been made redundant before the job always ended at the end of consultation period and I received all my redundancy payment.

picktocube

This link says talk to your employer  and they may allow it ,but if you leave early you may lose some or all of your redundancy pay.  https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-legal-rights-when-facing-redundancy

optout

there are a lot of colds and flu going around at the moment, and the stress of all of this must take its toll :question:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

freshman

Quote from: takethemoneyandrun on 30-09-16, 10:08PM
I've worked sun days for the last 15years surely there should be taken into consideration when calculating redundancy...I read a post on here somewhere (but can't find it)that someone argued there case and won getting an extra £5000 something to do with basic employment law...???

A guy in my store said the same and won.
If you have worked a (UN-contracted) shift for more that 12 week, it's YOURS.Speak to your rep or co-ordinator.
My friend said if he didn't know about it, the union wouldn't have said anything ....

Jack Frost

Hi I have also worked Sunday day overtime for the last 15yrs even though I work nights & I am also taking redundancy. I will ask about this when I am back in Sunday night.. My next 121 is the 11th October but not sure if I'll get much joy asking them... Thanks for this information as I never knew this... Please let me know how you get on & I will do the same. :)

schenkermental

According to Money Advice Service guide to redundancy you should get redundancy pay and any other outstanding pay on last day at work. Tesco say it isn't being paid until November 18th Official Pay Day - is it worth raising a fuss over this/

Jack Frost

Another example of typical Tesco .. Really we should receive our redundancy on the day we leave.. Why are they holding on to it until the 18th November .?? Answers on a postcard please.. ;D.xxx

Muggle

OMG, just been told that if I take redundancy I can serve my notice period on electrical desk, a job that isn't going to exist, is that even legal if I'm taking redundancy ??????

the rule book

On my last day.....I will having a few beers , eating what ever I like. Pissing where ever I want ..maybe even doing a number 2 in a van.

I shall be telling a few of the fools I've put up with where to get off.

After I do all that I will never step into a tescos store again.

Unless it's to rob them blind as I know there security is next to useless.

Bye bye Tesco.  But I hold a special place in my heart for that so called union and the bar stools that have taken our money and absolutely stabbed us in the back. I will make sure I have a run in with your establishment in the near future.

gomezz

Quote from: the rule book on 01-10-16, 09:58PMmaybe even doing a number 2 in a van
You sound like the kind of charmer your colleagues will be sorry to see go.  :(
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

the rule book

I will be leaving them a bit of me to remember. All my colleagues are already gone.

They did much worse than I ever could dream of.

Redshoes

Quote from: Muggle on 01-10-16, 08:59PM
OMG, just been told that if I take redundancy I can serve my notice period on electrical desk, a job that isn't going to exist, is that even legal if I'm taking redundancy ??????

Why illegal? Why invest time and money training you for a job that you will be in for a very short time. I would expect most that go will stay within existing job or close to existing, or on checkouts.

techsupport111

Hi All,

If I decide to take redundancy, does anyone know if they will pay me for my remaining holidays that I currently have got?

tut tut

doggiebody

Quote from: doggiebody on 30-09-16, 12:50PM
My 45 consultation ends 19th October and i have decided to take redundancy.  Do I have to work two weeks notice or can I leave on the 45th day?.....Anybody help

Nomad

If you don't work them you will not be paid them, you could go tom & dick  ;)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

sinderella

A GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE,.....

TAKE THE MONEY, RUN, AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!

YOU DONT NEED THE UNION, they wont make the cheque any bigger or, change the legal process.

DONT be mislaid by offers of a different job on less hours, its a way of paying you a lot less in the long run.

THERES A FANTASTIC WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD OUTTHERE, youve served your time, get out of Goal,
Be Free.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[admin]Please do not shout(upper case) so much. Nomad[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk