Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 01:54AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 390
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 359
Total: 361

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dontbelieveaword

Anyone heard of further store 'restructure' in stores my service manager reckons they are all going 25 hours he's gutted, getting no cushion pay either.

[admin]Your question maybe answered if asked in one of the many threads in the 'Stores' section of VLH.[/admin]

nolotil

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 26-09-16, 02:16AM
I'm saddened to see that their are so many short sighted bitter and twisted sad individuals on this site (snowyowl, nolotil ...et al) who can see no further than there nose and try to impose their bigoted views on others

Let's put this in to context , managers are only imposing Tesco policy and procedures i.e. SYA, SYP (my performance) etc.

The union has allowed the company to introduce two tier pay and performance structures

The company is in the mess it is in because of decisions made by the board of directors

The current board of directors lack the ingenuity  vision and foresight to compete with the discounters , if Aldi,  Lidl Iceland etc can negotiate to sell products at price x , then so should tesco - of course that would mean the buyers would have to lose their backhanders

Short sighted bitter and twisted sad individuals on this site!!!

Wow that's a harsh statement

KittyKat

Quote from: Dontbelieveaword on 26-09-16, 11:33AM
Anyone heard of further store 'restructure' in stores my service manager reckons they are all going 25 hours he's gutted, getting no cushion pay either.

[admin]Your question maybe answered if asked in one of the many threads in the 'Stores' section of VLH.[/admin]
.  I've heard similar talk but I can't find any verification on any other thread.

orme29

This happened to the Customer Service Manager last year in the restructure,25hrs he was not happy this was in the South West

VladPutin

There are far too many managers as it is, and more are coming through Options, Graduate Entry etc. So a cull was long overdue. I sincerely hope it doesn't stop at Livingston and a lot of the deadwood is cleared from stores as well.

fargone

More work, more responsibility, and less money for the survivors.

Arizonarugby

Quote from: VladPutin on 26-09-16, 10:32PM
There are far too many managers as it is, and more are coming through Options, Graduate Entry etc. So a cull was long overdue. I sincerely hope it doesn't stop at Livingston and a lot of the deadwood is cleared from stores as well.

Vladputin

You really need to get your facts right , the options and graduate programme are not guarantees of a management position ( my site has 6 signed off options candidates still working on tools) - basically options is just a way that Tesco get people to take on extra responsibilities without the extra pay .

When this "pilot" is rolled out other DC, ask your self this - is there really any point of anybody actually being on the programme because there will be even less chance of the signed off candidates actually being appointed as a manager.

VladPutin

Three went through Options at my store in the last eight months. All signed off. All three at different stores.

Way to many chiefs, not enough Indians.

VladPutin

Quote from: fargone on 26-09-16, 11:40PM

If they're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary. Between S**t and Syphilis 8-)

Phantom

The direction Tesco is going they will be just a distant memory like woolworths.I give the 10 years max.

snowyowl

I think you're being very generous there Phantom :D :D

nolotil

So getting back on track,

The pilot project hasn't started yet, so anyone saying its working at the moment is wrong.

The first part of the process, to have the managers in place has happened and all other have been told they are "at risk". So no manager has left the business yet so its still business as usual.

The strange part is that those "at risk" have been told they will have to work "lieu in notice", meaning its going to be business as normal over Christmas. Usually "lieu in notice" is paid up and an  employee leaves the company straight away.

lackofinterest

Quote from: snowyowl on 27-09-16, 11:53PM
I think you're being very generous there Phantom :D :D
very very generous!!

lackofinterest

Quote from: VladPutin on 27-09-16, 04:44PM

If they're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary. Between S**t and Syphilis 8-)
:D :D :D :thumbup:

nolotil

Quote from: lackofinterest on 28-09-16, 11:48AM
Quote from: VladPutin on 27-09-16, 04:44PM

:D :D :D :thumbup:

Whats that quote "s*** rolls down"

nolotil

What a company, what have they achieved?

The classic divide and conquer

Apparently no one cares about the other, let the top team sit back and laugh at us!

VladPutin

And what do you suggest we do, comrade? Go on strike? 8-)

Tesco has always been every man and woman for themselves, from the s*** at Board level all the way down to the poor, bloody foot soldiers like me. The managers had the same amount of sympathy for us when we got screwed over as we have for them now.

nolotil

VladPutin exactly what I mean, divide and conquer

No one cares about anyone.

The front line managers that want to sack everyone to the shopfloor staff that want to drop their "mates" in it and get them disciplined.

Not all are like that but lets agree the company has won.

nolotil

So the simple northern guy is going to determine a lot of people mangers jobs tomorrow!

nolotil

Quote from: VladPutin on 28-09-16, 04:21PM
And what do you suggest we do, comrade? Go on strike? 8-)

Tesco has always been every man and woman for themselves, from the s*** at Board level all the way down to the poor, bloody foot soldiers like me. The managers had the same amount of sympathy for us when we got screwed over as we have for them now.

Vlad this used to be a great forum, all the founding members have gone though,=,

VladPutin

Quote from: nolotil on 28-09-16, 04:26PM
VladPutin exactly what I mean, divide and conquer

No one cares about anyone.

The front line managers that want to sack everyone to the shopfloor staff that want to drop their "mates" in it and get them disciplined.

Not all are like that but lets agree the company has won.

You won't get any argument on that from me, unfortunately. :(

KittyKat

Nomad, think you may need to open a can of whoop ass on nolotil!  :D

[admin]You think :-\ some days I just don't have the time 8-) Nomad[/admin]

KittyKat

Nolotil, this is still a great forum, hence why you have posted many times on here. Much love x

snowyowl

I too think it's a good forum, it gives you chance to vent your frustrations and I enjoy reading about others frustrations and now and again you learn something that might just come in handy.  ;D ;D ;D

Tesco bird

Next week in my ex store there is a meeting with the night managers. Not sure yet what about  (-*-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk