News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 02:16AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 459
Total: 459

New Changes - Q&A's

Started by Loki, 10-01-15, 09:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happytesco

Whilst I understand everyone's nervousness at change, I think the decisiona made have been the right ones.

I do feel for the team leaders, but there are far too many poor team leaders that simply don't do what the role should be...

Managers deserve to be reviewed, there are even more poor managers than team leaders - in fact I think te poor managers explains why there are poor team leaders!

A shake up is necessary!!

Loki

Straight from the pages of Yammer.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

kvfive

http://www.usdaw.org.uk/aboutus/contactus/contactusform.aspx

Contact form USDAW website, use it, let them know how your views !

5 minutes of your time people....  :-X

VladPutin

Quote from: Happytesco on 18-01-15, 11:25PM
Whilst I understand everyone's nervousness at change, I think the decisiona made have been the right ones.

I do feel for the team leaders, but there are far too many poor team leaders that simply don't do what the role should be...

Managers deserve to be reviewed, there are even more poor managers than team leaders - in fact I think te poor managers explains why there are poor team leaders!

Could not agree more - but start by culling all the dead weight at manager level before you even think about the TL's. As I've said before, getting rid of TL's is like trying to save yourself from gangrene in your hand by cutting off your thumb; it's a lot of pain for no actual benefit.

It's official: Lewis is a complete and utter moron. 8-)

JimmySaville

Quote from: Happytesco on 18-01-15, 11:25PM

Happyreturns, quite literally, Welcome back!

oliver

All our team leaders in office today and told about there positions  going ,our team leader thinks they will be no job as the manager will be staying on the department and we are told we are over hours,we still have too many managers in our store as our senior manager once told me,interesting see how this plays out not good to see them all upset, but i said at least we still have a job,

anfield

happy returns , the blame and all the blame not just a portion of it ,lies with the top management not line managers ,not team leaders . They enforced a culture of fear of failure with KPIs,, performance reviews and the options program , which realistically does nothing for the company as the best people are ignored in preference for a managers sibling or a Tesco brainwashed drone.Perhaps if TLs were allowed to do the jobs  they are employed to do instead of being used in dotcom or checkouts they could improve there performance . Ah ,so we come back to the original point ,senior managements failure to manage staffing levels or understand the basics of the business .

TechSupporter

All, That isn't happy returns  8-). I do miss his input though!

kaled78

Quote from: oliver on 20-01-15, 04:17PM
All our team leaders in office today and told about there positions  going ,our team leader thinks they will be no job as the manager will be staying on the department and we are told we are over hours,we still have too many managers in our store as our senior manager once told me,interesting see how this plays out not good to see them all upset, but i said at least we still have a job,

so what department are you on?

redders

At the team leader meeting today they were told by pm that more manager positions will be created in the new structure.

penguin

NO NO NO this company does not require more managment it needs shop floor staff how many times are they going to get it so bloody wrong. What kind of idiots come up with these ideas do they have the Chuckle Brothers and Mr Bean in charge at head office or what.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

oliver

Penguin ,sorry but our store manager told me yesterday that they were getting another  senior manager to add to the two they already have ,that will be extra support because managers back on their own departments,and we have too many managers as it is ,one of them hasn't got a role at all everybody's kicking off about it,so they must get rid of some of them.

howardsarmy

Has anybody actual got the finer details about the "turnaround bonus scheme"?

What are the actual target and forecast payout?

oliver

Howardsarmy, it will be the carrot and the stick again we'l get F***all ant the ones At the top reap the rewards, they ain't catching me out again,haha

slungmyhoook

Quote from: howardsarmy on 09-02-15, 07:52AM

Yes all of the staff are being given an extra packet of peanuts to supplement their wages!

pike stupidboy!

So are wages going to staple them to our wage slips ??????

lordadmiral

Quote from: penguin on 20-01-15, 07:01PM
NO NO NO this company does not require more managment it needs shop floor staff how many times are they going to get it so bloody wrong. What kind of idiots come up with these ideas do they have the Chuckle Brothers and Mr Bean in charge at head office or what.

Yes there will be more managers. "The plan" is to prevent managers from filling what will probably not work out.
At the moment Tesco WILL NOT employ more staff to the bussines. Stores that are curently heavly under hours (read:not enough workers) can only get more staff from diferent stores.
I at the moment have to fill aisles using "pixie dust" >:( as there is no staff in the building to do the job. Not only that, i will loose staff and i am told there will be no replacement, unless someone from diferent store will move. So as u can see its c**p. Try to fill 30 cages fresh delivery and 20 backstock(dairy) when there is only you and your shadow on the shop floor beacuse second person is on holiday :thumbdown:
There is lots of talking about giving great service to the customers but company is doing everything to deliver more s*** . Empty shelfs, more stock thrown away than sold , aisles if covered are not filled properly as there is no time. Qucik quick and go somewhere else. Day staff is even in a bigger s*** as there are some days that there are only few managers and GAs for the whole day to cover shop floor???? and they are beingpulled to dotcom and checkouts.
There is lots of rumours about creating twilight shifts so there will be someone on the shop floor for replenishement and customers but if and when it will happen there will be so much damage done to the shops that company will loose even more.

lordadmiral

Quote from: howardsarmy on 09-02-15, 07:52AM

Its big unknown. It is curently under consultation.

PS.
If someone can access store reports may see that there is target of income set for each day. I can tell you straigt away it would be a miracle if the target will be achieved ;D.

Greenholme

The company is f***ed from the top down.

The arseholes at the top appear to have shafted the business for their own benefit, and left the mugs at the bottom (ie. anyone in a store) to take the hit.

Yes, it looks like there are probably far too many managers - but they shouldn't be going just because of what the pr**k* at the top have done.

I've worked for the company less than a month. Draw your own conclusions.

tumshie

You catch on quick, Greenholme.

burns2015

Guys   I think the turnaround bonus will be based on the whole business results and not your individual store. This is fairer and ensures everyone has chance to achieve it. How much the £% will be is the big question. Now don't go getting your  hopes up of anything like 10% or even 5% ( unless your on the board >:D). Though DD may shock us all and say 5%.

oliver

Weve never had more than 3.6% before have we? So how do you work that out,

imaninjaturtle

[admin]Please only ask a particular question in one thread/topic. Nomad[/admin]

retroragsni

after all the changes in my store.3 full time team leaders taking the money and running.  how does it pay tescos , to shell out £107.000, that's one hundred and seven thousand pounds. to ask three staff to leave.

slungmyhoook

The money is paid as a one off hit out of one years profits.. so once they are rid of the cost after that it is gone forever and hence increases profits.  Hope that makes sense. Teamleaders were a wilful waste of money for the company. There were some excellent ones but the majority were poor and added little or no value to the organisation. Tough but true.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk