Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:57PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmosmallpiece

Most people have not got a clue in my store still waiting for their letters.

surlaroute

My manager had the gall to ask me to do overtime today lol when I reiterated like no way til i know how much I'm being paid for my Saturday nights he went on about *his* lack of pay rise I was too dumb struck to even respond...

Spongbob

I got told my so called pay rise affected my payout so I will no be reciveing  my letter I've done weekend  for 20 years cannot understand why no letter anyway getting used to my yearly pay cut  expect I'll get another next year when Sunday goes to normal time with bank holidays also then it will be no paid sick and we're cutting back on your holiday entitlement  please give me redundancy

sfo

Quote from: Loki on 06-07-18, 07:58PM
Quote from: Madhotdogbuns on 06-07-18, 06:32PM
The union have said to me there's nothing i can do and that I should be grateful for still getting a Sunday premium as other supermarkets lost theres long ago. Although union official was surprised when i told him how mych i was losing between the £8.02 wage and the £8.18 wage

That answer is astounding. I'm actually at a loss for words.

Exactly what USDAW told me  as well as blaming the colleagues forum. Also told me that they were in discussion for six weeks and USDAW walk out three times. So that's ok then ! Shame nobody had the b;;;;cks to explain the deal to us two years ago - or even now for the matter. by the way I cancelled my membership immediately.

sfo

Also - believe it or not I found a reference to this on the Our Tesco (Their Tesco) it was in the comments section (rather than in the main Tesco output) and refers to a class action by 1000 employees and could result in a £4 BILLION claim against Tesco .  Here is the link - the article was published yesterday.   https://www.leighday.co.uk/News/News-2018/February-2018/Leigh-Day-launch-%C2%A34bn-equal-pay-claim-against-TESC   Very interesting read.

I am going to draft an email to the solicitors to raise our issue over Sunday pay and will post on here the email and any response.

By the way Ladies and Gentlemen next year's so far unannounced "bonus"  and pay rise will probably pay for the legal fees to defend the action so look forward to another 2.9% pay cut.
For now get used to living on the current pay, expect no bonus or pay rise next year and look for another job. I stress this is only an opinion and not based on anything that Tesco have told me

surlaroute

I expect a lot more people will be signing up to the Leigh Day thing after next pay day. I already did, nothing to lose now. It'll be funny if they could've just clearly communicated and compensated this pay revision to me for a couple hundred quid but now they made me so mad they might have to give me 6 years backpay that might come to about 2 years full pay  :P

lucgeo

I cannot believe that USDAW didn't have the foresight to protect the pay of the colleagues premiums, by insisting on a cushion payment, reflecting the loss till November, or fighting to keep the premium till then ??? ??? Even as it stands in November, only the weekday workers are getting the full % pay rise, so how can a WORKERS UNION, allow a detriment to some of their members, for them to not be treated equally alongside the rest of the workforce ??? ???

Indeed, other supermarkets have lost their premiums, yet the same Union has been able to negotiate a better pay rise ??? ??? Why ??? ???

USDAW are good at passing the buck.....telling members to speak to their managers....NO I'M ASKING YOU?? When the pension was closed, I was still a rep, and USDAW put up posters informing people to speak to their reps for advice!!! Yes because the only training I had with regard pensions, was a home university course which was in fact, three stages of books to read and answer the questions at the end, (Found in the book) and return. For which I received learning credits, so obviously an expert in their eyes :o

As people have stated time and again on here, they have trouble getting a rep as they are becoming few and far between, which makes this site not only invaluable, but increasingly necessary. How many have stated they contacted their area office for advice, to be told someone will ring them back, but never do!! The area offices are only open 9-5 (enter Dolly) and closed weekends, so their not providing a true representation to their members who are employed 24/7, nor giving support to their O.O.H. reps when needed. They don't work bank holidays, and are payed a lot more than us...and the times I was at the area office I didn't see anyone building up a sweat, unless they were sitting next to the heater!! And yet these people state they act in OUR best interests >:( >:(

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lackofinterest

where i work we really have nowhere to turn for advice now. no p.m, our store reps are very inexperienced and the store manager doesnt have much of a clue either. we're f***ed basically unless we join a different union >:(

JL

Quote from: tandomwerk on 08-07-18, 02:43PM
My manager had the gall to ask me to do overtime today lol when I reiterated like no way til i know how much I'm being paid for my Sat*rday nights he went on about *his* lack of pay rise I was too dumb struck to even respond...

The TMs seem to think they are in a similar position when they are far from it having being paid more than SMs get in other reatailers for years and for working when they want. They ask you to put in your holidays then you need to chase them up to see if they have done it. The list is endless. It is all about them.

Weeyin

Has anyone received letter yet ? I work about 30 hrs Sunday Overtime a month thought i would be entitled to something..No one in store has a clue whats happening or so they say 😠😠😠😠

Duff McKagan

I don't know about you guys and girls but I'm grateful for my pay rise of -£37.40 a month....wait...a pay rise which results in me taking home less money? 🤔...someone got the Gold mine while I got the shaft.

lackofinterest

Duff McKagan

Quote from: Weeyin on 08-07-18, 07:26PM
Has anyone received letter yet ? I work about 30 hrs Sunday Overtime a month thought i would be entitled to something..No one in store has a clue whats happening or so they say 😠😠😠😠

Overtime doesn't count as far as I'm aware....only contracted Sunday hours...and even then depending on how many weekday hours you work your wages after the November 'pay rise' would negate your Sunday premium loss meaning you'd get nothing. Essentially only people who only work one day a week on a Sunday would get a pay out. For example, I work 5 days a week, 36.5 hrs...7.5 of which are contracted Sundays...I will be out of pocket by £37.40 a month until the November pay rise...but apparently I still get no pay out. It's disgusting

lackofinterest

in my honest opinion hairnet is a lot richer now!!!! f****ng scumbag >:(

Teddybonkers

Quote from: Weeyin on 08-07-18, 07:26PM

Work it out for yourself mate - if you're still better off after the 3 separate pay increases (Nov17/July18/Nov18) then you ain't getting a letter - simples.

his scots tie

And probably worse off till November till you get Novembers rise,but take the loss of premiums in july.Im a total of .31p per week better of ,while non sundays workers better off £60 per month

Duff McKagan

Quote from: his scots tie on 08-07-18, 07:40PM
And probably worse off till November till you get Novembers rise,but take the loss of premiums in july.Im a total of .31p per week better of ,while non sundays workers better off £60 per month

My 10.5% pay rise actually equates to less than 3% over 2 years...take inflation into account over that period and my living standards have dropped....not a pay rise at all.

lackofinterest

an absolute disgrace. i can see this going to leigh day. does lewis crave bad press or what? f****ng pr**k >:(

sfo

Don't over compliment our leader !! If Tesco lose the class action for 4 billion. He will probably get the sack with 10 million to compensate for his loss of premium

Madhotdogbuns

I'm actually better off on the £8.02 wage @time and a half than I am on the £8.18 and when we get our November pay rise I'll be £4  week worse off but when you compare the £7.62 wage to the £8.42 I'll be gaining £4 something a week. I'd rather keep my £8.02 wage at time and a half .

JL

Mad hot

Me to

Time and a quarter and increased hourly rate  :thumbdown:

sfo

everyone agrees that anyone who does a Sunday as part of the working week is worse off  - the issue is how the two year deal was presented to us -not by a personal letter but by a booklet that was handed out two years ago - at random . I was off the day that they came out and my mate, on the same level as me, pinched one for me and had to explain that the figures quoted were inaccurate and we had to add 68 pence to the figures quoted. Now I'm starting to realise that the booklets were relevant to GA's in stores rather than those of us in CFC's. Although why we get paid more in a cfc is a mystery to me . Believe me it's the same mundane job.

The 10.57 % raise is only about the hourly rate - which is accurate (roughly)
It also mentions that that Sunday workers would be compensated " if Affected"
We all took this at face value and reasonably thought that meant we would all be on the same percentage rise as our colleagues on week day shifts.
It seems that this was a wrong assumption.
None of our managers, union reps, our colleague forum or even Tesco Benefits at head office can answer the question "what is my contracted weekly pay? " is it the same as the contract i've got in my hand, dated in March of this year, or some other figure?

Another thing - everyone look at their contract and see if you have a clause entitled "Changes to  your terms and conditions of employment" - on mine it is on the right hand side fairly near the bottom" Ill paraphrase but they have to give me a new contract within a month of the change plus consult with me for a four week period. Consultation not a big strength with this firm.

surlaroute

Quote from: sfo on 08-07-18, 08:23PM
Another thing - everyone look at their contract and see if you have a clause entitled "Changes to  your terms and conditions of employment" - on mine it is on the right hand side fairly near the bottom" Ill paraphrase but they have to give me a new contract within a month of the change plus consult with me for a four week period. Consultation not a big strength with this firm.

I was looking for that info recently but could only find a 2 year old contract (don't know what I did with my copy of this year's) but yeh it said pretty much the same, so they don't necessarily have to have told us until around next pay day... but still absolutely no sign of them doing so until we actually see it on our payslips, which, if not legally, is still at least ethically repugnant.

[edit: sorry I skipped over the consultation point of your post there which is definitely something they have legally missed... still, the basic point still stands, they suck lol...]

bestnotputmyrealname

Like many others I've still not received a letter nor does any managers have a clue, I'm contracted to ten hours on a Sunday (Nine Paid) and not the greatest feeling knowing that I'm on £17.17 less today, still losing £16.73 a week (£66.92 each pay day) taking into account the 16p rise across the whole week, all the time asking more and more of us and adding to our work load.

Weeyin

Im sure its anyone who works Sundays / Bank Holidays.
That was the case when it was changed from double to time & 1/2.
Doesnt say anything on Usdaw website about it only being contracted hours...Will prob have to wait till payday to see 😠😠

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk