News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:58PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Boxing Day M&S Closed

Started by The Mrs, 26-11-20, 05:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

Quote from: lackofinterest on 27-11-20, 08:46AM
Quote from: VladPutin on 27-11-20, 08:29AM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:56PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 26-11-20, 10:53PM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:49PM
let head office staff work the stores that day!! >:D >:D

Oh, dear God - can you imagine the carnage we'd come into the next day if those lazy idiots had tried to do a real day's work for the first time in their lives?!  :o :D ;D
the next day?? sunday?? no thanks!!

I should have clarified: next contracted working day, in other words Monday.

I won't even be sober on Sunday, never mind working! :D
won't be in monday either. official bank holiday :) :D

Noice. :)

I'm just happy to get three days off in a row instead of the usual two.

expressman77

Quote from: VladPutin on 26-11-20, 10:53PM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:49PM
let head office staff work the stores that day!! >:D >:D

Oh, dear God - can you imagine the carnage we'd come into the next day if those lazy idiots had tried to do a real day's work for the first time in their lives?!  :o :D ;D
Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:55PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 26-11-20, 10:51PM
Quote from: expressman77 on 26-11-20, 08:10PM
The cleaning company was going to increase their charge in case their staff got cut dealing with broken glass,
Counters closed due to lack of sales as are other supermarkes are doing and so many routines and jobs  are easier compared to years ago , sometimes they may not get but right but most times they do

1)So in other words, head office are perfectly happy to put staff in a potentially dangerous situation as long as it saves them some money.

2)At least one other major supermarket increased the number of counter staff they had as soon as Tesco decided to close theirs.

3)I've worked for the company for 20 years. Nothing head office has done has made my job any easier. In most cases, the reverse is true.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, "work" at head office. 8-)
:D :D :D :thumbup:

1) tesco staff are covered by insurence
2) if the sales were there they wouldn't close them
3) so all the new ways are working just happen overnight .
Reducing backstick, using capping shelves, delivery being resorted,less price changes
Ready to display packaging, not having to do stick takes,self scan checkouts ,
New payrole systems ,  more accurate routines ,job 14 , tilss than to won till checks
They all made jobs easier
No ones more blind than those who dont want to see

expressman77

Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:42PM
so why doesn't everyone take the day off. after all it's a bank holiday and you get paid for it. let's see the greedy f*****s open then >:( >:( >:(
Isnt monday the bank holiday when boxing day falls at weekend ,
You could have always requested it as one if your bank holidays to be off

barafear

I've been told in my store than Saturday is the bank holiday - Monday is regarded as a normal working day - if you're contracted Monday, you work. And those that do work will not get BH premium for the Monday.

BH Premium is being paid on the Saturday.

Paupers wage

Yes l to was informed bank holiday Monday is not regarded as one according to Tesco management l didn’t realise no premiums were paid if you worked it

oldfashionedplayer

yes unless a BH falls on Sunday it's classed as normal day, so since it falls on a saturday it's a normal working day for tesco since we are generally a 24 hour business, if it falls on a sunday it's usually moved to the monday or tuesday.

lackofinterest

Quote from: Paupers wage on 27-11-20, 04:54PM
Yes l to was informed bank holiday Monday is not regarded as one according to Tesco management l didn’t realise no premiums were paid if you worked it
you can have the saturday and the monday off but you will only be paid for one. if you're contracted monday you can take it unpaid or as a bank holiday if you have any left.

lackofinterest

Quote from: expressman77 on 27-11-20, 12:40PM
Quote from: lackofinterest on 26-11-20, 10:42PM
so why doesn't everyone take the day off. after all it's a bank holiday and you get paid for it. let's see the greedy f*****s open then >:( >:( >:(
Isnt monday the bank holiday when boxing day falls at weekend ,
You could have always requested it as one if your bank holidays to be off
tescos are treating saturday as the bank holiday so nobody can be forced to work it. monday you can take unpaid if you want as its an official bank holiday

VladPutin

Quote from: expressman77 on 27-11-20, 12:37PM

1) tesco staff are covered by insurence
2) if the sales were there they wouldn't close them
3) so all the new ways are working just happen overnight .
Reducing backstick, using capping shelves, delivery being resorted,less price changes
Ready to display packaging, not having to do stick takes,self scan checkouts ,
New payrole systems ,  more accurate routines ,job 14 , tilss than to won till checks
They all made jobs easier
No ones more blind than those who dont want to see

1)Yeah, I'm sure that will be a big comfort to a GA who has to get stiches from picking up broken glass. >:(

2)Head office have to keep coming up with new ideas to justify their non-jobs. If I had a tenner for every bright, shiny new way of working that managers claimed was going to revolutionise the business, only for it to disappear without a trace within a few months, I'd be able to retire already. ;D

3)Reducing back-stock? Are you kidding me? We're drowning in the bloody stuff now, and there's still a month to go to Xmas. Just one example from my store: two full dollies of mushrooms, in spite of the fact we have space for a maximum of four cases on the shop floor at any one time. No one expects new ways of working to happen overnight, but head office has had a decade to get centre working properly, and have failed miserably.

4)"Delivery being resorted"? What does that drivel even mean? Is English your first language? 8-)

5)There obviously were enough jobs for one of our competitors to hire over a thousand new counter staff the moment head office announced the cuts. It was nothing to do with running the business better, and everything to do with members of the board, "saving" enough money to justify their bonuses.

Look, I get it: you or someone you care about works - and I use that word in it's loosest possible sense - at head office and you're compelled to defend the place. But the truth is, head office doesn't even qualify as worthless. The people there actually achieve negative worth; they make the world a worse place just by existing in it.

expressman77

20 staff on a counters taking about 20 grand a week isnt good business.
If you dont want  to work with a company thats always trying to make a profit where ever they can leave and go and work for one  that dont and see how long it is before your job goes
Perhaps In the past saving money has kept you in your job that you so obviously enjoy

King1999

The company has gone out of its way to make the job unenjoyable,you might believe all the c**p you are fed.Cut everywhere and everywhere suffers and makes the end result unhappy staff.The biggest laugh is some people still think they are cared about,my store set up is a disgrace how people are treated all down to cuts.Oh and yes I’ve challenged a few managers on the if you don’t like it you know what you can do response.Too anti staff and has been for a long time.Theres a lot of we care rubbish........ but we’re going to work you into the ground anyway......with a lot of self help c**p thrown in.Need to look closer to home as a company at what damage it does to people at the justification of profit.Be nice if the bright ideas they come up with actually worked with the couple of minutes your given to do them.

VladPutin

Quote from: expressman77 on 29-11-20, 03:03AM
20 staff on a counters taking about 20 grand a week isnt good business.
If you dont want  to work with a company thats always trying to make a profit where ever they can leave and go and work for one  that dont and see how long it is before your job goes
Perhaps In the past saving money has kept you in your job that you so obviously enjoy

If the company is really committed to making a profit, they can start by getting rid of a lot of the dead weight at head office. They are parasites; they produce nothing of value and live of the real workers like me.

They can start with the morons who thought it was a good idea to play Tesco radio over the PA system non stop. Only someone who's never done a real day's work in their miserable, worthless, pathetic life would think that's a good idea. >:(

Nomad

Locked, as this thread no longer concerns M&S.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk