Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 03:09AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 445
Total: 445

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Shocked man opened Tesco banana delight dessert to find c**kROACH rotting inside

QuoteIn the letter Tesco outlined that the insect may have found its way into the product because they "encourage as little pesticide use as possible when growing bananas, meaning that insects sometimes survive during the harvesting process".

But Mr Jihad says he then replied to what he called a "ridiculous" letter, which Tesco have since reportedly apologised for, to point out that the product he bought is made in the UK and no fresh bananas are on the ingredients list.

OOOOPS
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4101425/stunned-tesco-shopper-almost-swallows-a-two-inch-blade-left-inside-a-pack-of-apple-slices/

QuoteA TESCO shopper has told of his shock after he almost swallowed a BLADE which was stuck on to one of his apple slices.

He seems pretty cut up about it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Mum shocked finding PENNY Tesco cookie.

QuoteRian Lecouteur, a police officer from Worcester, said she made the discovery after buying a packet of Finest Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate Cookies from Tesco this week.

She complained to Britain's largest supermarket chain on its Facebook page, where fellow shoppers shared her outrage at the shocking unwanted extra she said she had found.

Copper found a copper when she took the biscuit.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Piece of metal found in a slice of tesco ham.

QuoteA woman has spoken of her shock after finding a piece of metal in a slice of ham she bought from Tesco.

Sarah Stephens, from Paignton, said that she originally thought the dark item buried in a piece of Everyday Value cooked ham was grit - only to dig it out and discover a circular metal object.

Mrs Stephens complained to Tesco who have offered her a refund but she told Devon Live that she didn't feel the supermarket giant had taken her complaint seriously enough.

QuoteA Tesco spokesperson said: "We take great care to ensure the food we sell is safe and of the highest quality.
Hello, have a look back through these 9 pages

Quote"Our ham passes through a metal detector after it is packaged so it is not clear how this may have happened.
MAY, calling customer a liar is not right.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Family finds GLASS in Tesco mash potato as they ate roast dinner.

QuoteThe Greenway family were enjoying a roast dinner when dad-of-three Wayne found the unwelcome presence in his mash.
Charlotte said: "Tesco said that 'they understand how frustrating this must be'. Frustration isn't the right word, it's so dangerous. One of my children could have eaten it, including my 10-month-old.

"To tell me it's frustrating is an insult."

FRUSTRATING  8-)  8-)

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Cambridge mum finds spider eggs in Tesco banana she was about to feed to toddler

QuoteA mum was horrified to find spider eggs in a Tesco banana moments before giving it to her toddler to eat yesterday.

Debbie Campbell, 41, of Kings Hedges, Cambridge, bought a batch of bananas from the supermarket in Milton on Friday (September 1).
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Boy, 8, left needing a tetanus jab after pin hidden in brand new Tesco school shoes pierced his foot on first day of term

QuoteA spokesman added: "We always do everything we can to ensure that our products are safe and are sorry to hear of this incident."

Clearly obvious all they can do is not sufficient.  Perhaps some of the 3.4m taken for administration of sale of carrier bags could be diverted to administer training in the use and positioning of security pins more safely.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Hammer10

alf

Quote from: Nomad on 09-09-17, 11:00AM

Clearly obvious all they can do is not sufficient.  Perhaps some of the 3.4m taken for administration of sale of carrier bags could be diverted to administer training in the use and positioning of security pins more safely.

Training?
If people need to be told to not drop security pins in footwear, there's no hope for them.

Simple accident, someone's just looking 5 minutes of Fame, plus a voucher.

Welshie

Most items are now tagged at source,  this  has been an on going problem from the back to school shoes have been coming in . Until tagging at source kids was not tagged , probably to avoid this sort of problem !

Nomad

@alf, you seem to be diagnosing that one or both parents of this 8 year old are suffering from Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP), or at the least accusing them of using their child's painful misfortune to achieve momentary fame.

How sad.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Jesus, give over.

It's literally a pin pr**k.

Nomad

@alf thank you for your medical opinion, but I agree please give over as it's a pin pr**k that on medical advice warranted a tetanus injection, and just a next to useless voucher in compensation.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Did you even look at the photos in the article, particularly the one with the plaster off?

As for the tetanus shot, more than likely precautionary depending on the childs vaccination history, not indicative of the severity of this "injury".

A voucher from Tesco, and a wee payout from the sun.
"We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team?"
Or do you think this is purely coincidental.

Only person I feel sorry for is the child, either the parents are money grabbing, overly protective, or maybe a combination of the two, whichever way god knows what they'll do if he ever falls and scrapes his knee, sue the council for dangerously hard pavements?

PeteonMeat

Have to say I agree with Alf , we seem to live in a compensation culture now where many view accidents as a chance to make money

Nomad

Accidents are in the main caused by a person(s) negligence or carelessness, if those that have been negligent or careless suffer a financial cost for their act then that is how it should be otherwise they most likely learn nothing nor change the routines etc that caused/contributed to the accident. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Mum claims four-week-old son fell ill after drinking baby milk from Tesco that was FOUR months out of date

QuoteA NEW mum says her four week old baby became sick after drinking out of date milk bought from Tesco.

Leah Houghton is warning other parents to be vigilant after feeding her son Reuben-Lee a bottle of instant Cow and Gate formula milk which went out of date almost four months ago.

Apparently no body should be held responsible and as it's in The Sun they will have been paid already, I do not however see any connection betwixt the two.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

No need to be a huff.

I have no issue with people or companies being held responsible for their actions.

But in regards to the pin drama, you're talking about a simple accident that lead to a minor injury.
I don't really know what you expect the outcome to be. It's not like the pin was put there intentially, you can blame routines/training or whatever, but  it was an accident, footwear isn't tagged by putting a pin in the toe of the shoe, it more than likely fell in, either during tagging, or when the shoe was untagged at the checkout.

As for this milk business, it's clearly more serious as anything involving infants usually is.

I'm not sure how something so long out of date could go out, presumably it was sitting out back for months then put out, but either way having the manager give  refresher training on stock rotation wouldn't be the worst idea.

mexicopete

They don't know the meaning of stock rotation in my store, it's all newbies on 10 hour contracts putting the stock on the shelves as most of the long termers scarpered long ago. We once had a complaint on our Dot.com about a multi pack of crisps that were 16 months out of date, no one believed the customer until she returned said crisps to the store. She didn't cause a fuss by the way. she was really understanding about it and it only came to light because she had a box where she kept the crisps and her kids would just take a pack each day and two of them complained that the crisps tasted funny. When the customer checked the packaging she discovered the date, the papers would have had a field day if she had felt the need to inform them. :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

alf

Jeez, 16 months, that's a bit mad.

Nomad

alf I think you miss the 'point', tags/pins and all the other paraphernalia that is used/misused or just left laying around in stores is for company benefit, with that in mind I fail to see why any person(s) suffering from the misuse/misplacement of equipment should not be handsomely compensated.

I for one would never be fobbed off lightly if injured by equipment which is for the enrichment of the proprietor.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

This is getting bizarre, and frankly I don't know where you're trying to go with this " enrichment of the proprietor.", train of thought.
Tesco sold an item it caused an injury, albeit a mild one. The purpose of the offending object in the company makes no difference.

To save time, so we can both get off this merry-go-round, you either think Tesco should issue Training to staff, and/or "handsomely compensate" the person/s.

Personally, I think training would be a waste of time, we have yet to be replaced by robots, we make mistakes, accidents happen, no amount of training will eliminate that.
As for being handsomely compensated for a pin pr**k, I think it's f****ng nuts.

But clearly that is my opinion, and you have yours.

Equalizer87

And what would happen if the  injured person suffered from an infection,  let's say septicaemia, as a result of the "pin pr**k"? Would that be blown out of all proportions to allow compensation???

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Nomad

Equalizer87, fair point/question.

Compensation has two purposes, one to compensate the victim for pain/suffering etc the other is to 'encourage' the offender to find ways and means of preventing a recurrence, that will only happen if the cost in £s is punitive.  One answer is perhaps find a tagging system that does not involve pins, or stop tagging.

A great many companies have and know of equipment or procedures that may cause injury, but they balance the cost of compensation against that of rectification.

I say get as much as you can and don't feel guilty about it, you could possibly be making life safer for others.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 12-09-17, 09:24AM
And what would happen if the  injured person suffered from an infection,  let's say septicaemia, as a result of the "pin pr**k"? Would that be blown out of all proportions to allow compensation???

if

X, y and z could have happened, but basing the validation of compensation on hypothetical situations? I'd rather not get involved in that rabbit hole.

Nomad, you can debate the merits of compensation all you wish, and frankly no one has disagreed with the general idea of compensation, but it's largely pointless in this context as the parents didn't seek compensation through legal means, instead they went to the sun. that says it all.

Tesco and retailers aren't expected to eliminate all risk of hazards, it's simply not possible.
They are to manage the risk by taking reasonable steps.

If people were constantly  getting injured up and down the country, there would be an issue, but this is a single incident from something like 79 millions shops a week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk