News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 286
Total: 290

Managers pay review meeting 2017

Started by Woody44, 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody44

Wondering what all managers opinion on the pay rise

Are you leaving the union ?

What do you feel should be done or should we just except it ?

OpShunned

Here's comments pulled from 'OURTESCO', although if you believe it's 'our' tesco any more, possibly take time out to think again.

I'm extremely disappointed I'm a team manager that has reached the salary cap for my role in my store and had no idea that all the hard work and effort over the last 12 months was not going to be acknowledged and rewarded with a pay rise, if I had known what the plan was I may off changed my career path to a new job role or store that would of enabled myself to receive a pay rise. Going forward I may never have another pay rise again and no longer have that incentive to push to deliver great service for our customers, the least the company could do is allow the managers to know the pay caps so we each can make informed decisions about our career paths. Going forward due to my loyalty and length of service I will no longer receive pay rises while everyone around me at all levels will enjoy pay rewards for our hard work where they will be protected somewhat from inflation I however due to inflation will have to rethink about my future in the company as each year that passes I will in effect be a little worse off and my efforts will go unnoticed when we go through future pay reviews.

hey at least some folk got something, some managers were told today, thanks for doing well in previous years but you will get nothing today, you are not even worth the cost of inflation to us, even if you are a met, but we want you to continue being obedient slaves to our pr campaign telling staff we are great to work for, I dont even know why Im bothering commenting because TESCOs top leaders do not care, do not listen, and are bleeding the company dry for their bonuses, which are a lot more than 3% we got

https://www.ourtesco.com/2017/06/23/pay-review-2017-hourly-paid-colleagues-stores-grocery-customer-fulfilment-centres/
(sign in required of course)

Woody44

Totally understand stand were this is coming from and feel there is more to come but should we just lay down and take it ?

Also I don't feel I can plan ahead as I don't know we're I'll be this time next year ? Feel like am living 6 months at a time ?

Hardwork no payrise

I have just been informed that all of my hard work will no longer be rewarded with a pay rise, yet my store manager and SD will both enjoy nice payrises, how much did dave lewis get this i wonder, no doubt a 7 figure payrise, yet as all team managers know we are the ones busting a gut to ensure our teams deliver great service and standards to drive sales etc.i feel totally let down by usdaw, is it my fault im iver the so called job role cap. No its through my hard work over 18 years to then be told keep working hard but the best reward i can be given is a pat on the back. I feel this is wholley disgraceful and just shows the utter contempt the company leaders have shown for our hardwork. Maybe we all need to get together and fight this, my union rep now has a copy of my letter and is trying to get hold of the relevant team that worked with tesco to agree the best way to screw team managers. Would everyone leaving the union make them stand up. I very much doubt it, maybbut there is a case of discrimination that tesco does need to answer for, do we all get together and take tesco to court based on this disgraceful decision and descriminating against hatd working managers, i for one will no longer do 50 hour weeks. Ill will no longer bust a gut for this company that has taken my double time, reduced my pension and now rewarding me with no payrise for the rest of my careers, Cheers Dave Lewis hope your payrise makes u feel happy knowing u have screwed us over, maybe we all need to follow the metro group that took tesco to court for screwing them, there argument was there long term dedication has been taken for granted by tesco just a thought, but id be happy to support as many of us as we can get and think about taking legal action, would the national papers make of this, store managers getting payrises but hard wirking team managers guven nothing not even a thank you.

Hardwork no payrise

Quote from: Woody44 on 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Legal action, and to let the union know that there negotions have left a large proportion of managers worse off for the rest of there careers. Just a thought.

Hardwork no payrise

Quote from: Hardwork no payrise on 28-06-17, 08:26AM

Legal action, and to let the union know that there negotions have left a large proportion of managers worse off for the rest of there careers. Just a thought. I have spoken to usdaw legal and they have advised for sll affected managers to contact the local area organiser to complain about this decision and push  them to do do the right thing, why did we ever vote to give usdaw full power to negotiate in our behalf,we cant even call for strike action

rogerthedodger

Pathetic really even on a basic week a line manager does 37.5hrs a week on a 36hr contract
Due to rotas, 7-4 10-7 1-10.
Over 48 weeks that's an extra 72 hrs or 2 weeks! For free. Most if not all managers do more than this every week. To basically get slapped in the face.
Some team support (who get paid overtime after the 36.5 hrs) will be earning more than line managers.
Thank you usdaw
Membership cancelled

snowyowl

I might be wrong but I think there is a chap on here trying to get a petition together in an effort to do away with the "partnership" and hopefully rid us of Usbore forever. It's about time we all did our bit to get rid of these parasites, s***!  >:( >:( >:(

Hardwork no payrise

Quote from: snowyowl on 28-06-17, 09:25AM
I might be wrong but I think there is a chap on here trying to get a petition together in an effort to do away with the "partnership" and hopefully rid us of Usbore forever. It's about time we all did our bit to get rid of these parasites, s***!  >:( >:( >:(

I while heartedly agree, how can usdaw not have seen this coming, in average this will affect 5-6 managers per store, thats over 5k-6k managers affected by this agreement, times to give the workers the right to agree or disagree. Ill be signing it. Im waiting on my area organiser to call to log my complaint

Monkey466140

I feel the decision is woeful. 18 years to be slapped in the face with this. The other retailers will be laughing as the cream of our managers will be ripe for the picking

Northernstorelad07

25 years down the toilet

I think it's time for work to rule.

No more super Sunday's
Will be asking what day I will be taking my early finish
All breaks will get taken
Finish on time
Also I will be asking for my rota minimum 4weeks in advance
Any changes I will want notice of 4 weeks
I will be asking how many dutys I will be doing and will stick to that
I will not be doing anything outside my role.
I will be asking for a Saturday off once a month as they do
Not value weekends any different to the rest of the week.

I have emailed Usdaw to find out why I have not been represented?

Dontbelieveaword

I too have no pay rise, so forget rotas that are 37.5 hours at least per week, that is assuming I get to take all break entitlements well f*** them watch the sparks fly when I dare tell them to put my rota to 36 hours and I won't be doing a minute over.

Northernstorelad07

They have a lot of new managers who always ask how this is done or that is done. I'm not there to babysit anymore either not in my role.

Equalizer87

Quote from: Northernstorelad07 on 28-06-17, 09:48AM
25 years down the toilet

No more super Sunday's
Finish on time
I will be asking for a Sat*rday off once a month as they do

I never stepped outside of roles, hours or entitled breaks,  but I defiantly agree you should stick to it like glue. Don't give them anything extra.

As for the union, they are just the biggest waste of time ever, save the money and leave them.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Northernstorelad07

When the next store viewpoint comes along they will get a blanket of 0s for everything

Northernstorelad07

It seems only the seasoned managers are not getting anything because
Of this ceiling surely that would only effect a certain age group thus could
Be classed as discrimination ?

Hardwork no payrise

I have just spoken to my usdaw local organiser, this was never agreed by the union and no negotiation ever took place, this decision was made 100% by tesco.

Apparently tesco are currently undertaking a 6 month review into managers pay as its a total mess, she advised me to undertake 3 things, demand to see the full manager pay briefing for managers sent to all store managers, demand to know what the ceiling  is for my job role, and to put in a grievance against tesco for not giving me a pay rise even though i scored a hit in my annual review.  If you were lucky and scored an exceed you should be getting a pay rise irrespective.

We all need to get behind this, demand to know what and who are involved in this 6 month pay review working group. We should also start a petition to remove the working partnership with usdaw and give the workers the power back. 18 years service, 28 green annual reviews for this punch in the face.

Northernstorelad07

Sounds to me that they might try and buy out large contracts ? Can they do that ?

trolleyboy96

Half our group still doesn't know, it's a joke.

londoner83

Managers pay has been a joke for years....

Managers who stayed put in a store got rewarded with a small percentage each year; whilst those who frequently swapped stores negotiated larger increases with every move. You now have highly paid managers in small easy shops due to freqùent moving with new managers on 21k in complex Extras.

Tesco needs to agree a fair pay structure and publish the bandings.

It's surely wrong that you are paid on performance yet in some stores whether you are met or missed is irrelevant as you still effectively have a pay cut.

I still think a bigger worry is a rumoured cull of managers so I for one would accept no pay rise if my job was secure

Compliance89

Not had payrise for a few years now due to being on the high band. I started in large extras and have moved from store to store but never negotiated a payrise during any of these moves nor was I enticed with x amount to move so yes I am, and have been, aggrieved with yet again no payrise. Never been shown the alleged market matrix this year or in the past years. For a few years before the last few rather than payrise I was given a lump sum (£100) rather than the annual payrise as compensation for not getting the annual % as I'd reached the high level but at least I got something rather than nothing! No reward and recognition for being a 'Green' or 'met' performer yet DD can find his relocation and reward his team & store managers massive bonuses!!! Such an antiquated reward system. I'm not fooled in thinking that if I don't get a pay reward my jobs safe and neither should anyone else!

Harry8828

Can anyone give outline details of the managers pay details as I've not had a brief yet?

jedi

If you are being scheduled for anything over 36 hours, you are entitled to payment,
This is currently at tribunal in an inverness store,The PM had bean putting start and end time on the rotas, no early days for any managers on the rotas , so they put in a grievance, then an appeal and are now at tribunal.
Needless to say usdaw couldn't win the grievance or appeal.

jedi

Quote from: Harry8828 on 28-06-17, 12:05PM
Can anyone give outline details of the managers pay details as I've not had a brief yet?

darklighter

Quote from: Northernstorelad07 on 28-06-17, 09:48AM
25 years down the toilet

No more super Sunday's
Finish on time
I will be asking for a Sat*rday off once a month as they do

If you are not a compliance manager or senior team you should not be doing Duty shifts at all!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk