News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Uniform

Started by Woody00, 15-11-19, 03:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

34L, I know someone who needs it.

Ravvers

Sorry 1'm 32 S  ;D

optout

I wonder what would happen if ex-staff with uniform, gave that un-needed uniform to the local homeless?

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

The hooch

Quote from: Ravvers on 19-11-19, 05:30PM
I've got loads of Tesco uniform & recently discovered several packs unopened with Tesco trousers in - which are great for golf  - so muddy at the moment I literally wear then get home & chuck in the laundry bin  , I left in the September cull but nobody has asked me for any
back , perhaps I should sell it all on ebay  ;D
I've seen it on on eBay. I have bought in the past when I couldn't get any.
For some reason the well worn..unwashed..formal pants are much sort after....by weirdos I think.

The hooch

The allocation of uniform is bonkers anyway. Night staff should be able to order combats more often because they fall apart ....I spend 50% of my time crawling on my knees facing up bottom 3 shelves and all my pants have holes in the knees.
And what's with the one pocket on the bum and one on one leg...!!!!!! Very annoying...penny pinching gits.

Ravvers

God those smart casual trousers - such thin material , had more than one occasion when bending down they ripped , my fleece didn't cover my modesty so had to buy emergency black trousers from f&f dept. And heaven forbid if the iron was a little too hot as the fabric just melted , I understand they were made from recycled plastic in China - shirts were no better - they always seemed too short , I was forever tucking mine in

Mr ford

The best thing you can do is leave. Don't waste you life working for a s*** company.

Long gone

Finally ...someone who speaks sense !

Mr ford

Don't bother ordering it. Your job will be gone after new year.

forrestgimp

Quote from: The hooch on 21-11-19, 10:56AM
The allocation of uniform is bonkers anyway. Night staff should be able to order combats more often because they fall apart ....I spend 50% of my time crawling on my knees facing up bottom 3 shelves and all my pants have holes in the knees.
And what's with the one pocket on the bum and one on one leg...!!!!!! Very annoying...penny pinching gits.

Lol. we had a guy from nights come onto days a few years ago and as you say they wont replace uniform that often for whatever reason and this guys trousers were basicaly a waistband with bits of string hanging down holding a couple of pockets up. They gave his some from the shop floor it was hilarious.

penguin

Managers advice a while ago when someone moaned about falling to bits uniform "well spend your next day off sewing it all back up " joke of a company was not like that years ago. I can remember a time when we had some sewing items in wages office and anyone whose uniform got damaged during the day would be sent to sort it out there and then so they looked presentable.

Company still making loads of money and staff walking around like they escaped from a Victorian workhouse, how embarrassing.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Long gone

Any manager stating staff should "sew up there uniform" need reporting ASAP. The sad thing is people listen to this and actually do it. If uniforms are damaged beyond repair then go in wearing whatever you want and if management kick off then tell them to get the uniform issue rectified or else you won't be wearing your uniform as it's damaged.

Redshoes

Ordering over the normal allocation is allowed, it just has to be authorised by wages. If you have a word with the wages clerk, or leave a note if you don't see them, they can order for you or just authorise. Added to that, if you hand back old uniform it allows you to order again. If you hand back shirts covered with ink or trousers that have fallen to bits you can then reorder. Don't blame the system for not working if you are not using it.

I do the authorisations in my store, and the only time I don't is for colleagues who order the same things every month and are obviously taking the mick. If someone is contracted to 7.5 hours but regularly works overtime, I will authorise the order (no questions asked) as I know they need it.
Someone once order a new pair of trousers because the button had fallen off, what's wrong with a needle and cotton?

gomezz

I can easily get through a pair of gloves in a month as the fingers wear through.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lackofinterest

a month?? :o. i need a new pair every week. usually have to make them last about 6 months though :-X

genome

Quote from: 80377494 on 29-11-19, 12:55PM
I do the authorisations in my store, and the only time I don't is for colleagues who order the same things every month and are obviously taking the mick. If someone is contracted to 7.5 hours but regularly works overtime, I will authorise the order (no questions asked) as I know they need it.
Someone once order a new pair of trousers because the button had fallen off, what's wrong with a needle and cotton?

you are not expected to repair uniform if it is damaged it should be replaced and returned.

Woody00

Was given full uniform on my shift. I am a temp

Markj

I can get through a pair of gloves in about 2 weeks quality of them are really bad

gomezz

Quote from: genome on 29-11-19, 05:03PM
Quote from: 80377494 on 29-11-19, 12:55PM

you are not expected to repair uniform if it is damaged it should be replaced and returned.
I would be happy enough to sow a button back on ... if allowed to do so during work hours.  My old cargo trousers all the plastic loops broke after the first wash and I replaced them with some large metal keyrings I had to hand ... did that in my own time.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

gomezz

I have needle and thread in the office.

Redshoes

They just order batches of gloves for our store and if you need new ones you just ask duty. If they have run out its only for a few days. Never an issue getting gloves for us and we don't order our own.

Nowthelps

The advice is don't start with them at all. s*** company  worked there 23years then was shafted by them. I always said greed will be their downfall. Too many managers & wannabes. I burned my uniform best place for it.

lackofinterest

Quote from: 80377494 on 30-11-19, 05:07AM
gomezz

I have needle and thread in the office.
and spare buttons? oh and could you sow it on for me cos i can't sew!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk