News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:45PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 293
Total: 294

Investigatory

Started by dfl, 04-01-17, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrK2017

Yea we're both store managers.

Also can you get investigatory reopened once it's closed before the disciplinary

terra

Not really but you can bring new evidence to a disciplinary and the disciplinary officer can send it back to be reinvestigated if they are not happy

FatFraz

MrK2017

By the looks the procedure has been flawed.

Do not highlight this to them. Just attend yourself or with anyone else and let them be as ruthless as possible.

If you receive a warning just appeal it highlighting the issues with procedure.  :thumbup:

BossHog89

So i have an investigation coming up, however i have also been offered a job else where. Whats the deal with references while under investigation? I couldn't find an example on any of the other threads.

MrK2017

You'd go down as left pending investigation. Pretty much the same as dismissal if your new job were to ask. It would look dodgy as hell to your new employer lol

BossHog89

But the difference is i haven't left yet. So i haven't tried to jump ship during an investigation, so they'll ask for one while its going on? I mean if i hadn't had the new job offer i would be going through the disciplinary process. I'm not trying to avoid it its just fallen awkwardly

AlexM

In all honesty you'll be lucky to even get a reference from tesco. They usually ignore any requests. They come from head office & contain the bare minimal information anyway. 

optout

Is the investigation dragging on unnecessarily?

Is the investigation process having an effect on your health, stress etc?

Unless they have you 'bang-to-rights' on whatever the issue is, then some pressure applied may cause them to write-off their investigation (or at least come to some arrangement), in fear of a constructive dismissal claim, given that you are not concerned about keeping your current job any threat in this direction would carry a little more weight than usual. If this is likely you may be better off staying and fighting the issue and proving your innocence. As they cannot put anything like 'was under investigation once, but there was insufficient evidence to take it further' in a reference, that would be asking for trouble.

You could also remember (and remind them, and your rep) that tribunal fees have been scrapped.

Only you know the ins and outs of your situation so I will leave you to take or leave anything that I have said, in whole or in part, in anyway you wish.

Just my lay-persons thoughts (and no-more).
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

ndub25

Hi guys, I just reread my investigation letter and at the bottom it says contact me if you have any problems or who your chosen rep is, but then no numbers and no printed name or signature.  I don't know the stores the managers are from and off sick at the moment, anybody any advice, thanks.

MrK2017

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice here..... I am due an investigatory tomorrow for alleged being a 'Bully'. Long story short here I had a bit of a heated conversation with a shift leader and put her on SYP. She didn't like this and started gobbing off and walked out of the room. I admit I have a snappy temperament however not once did I 'Bully' her, nor did this happen again ever since. I apologized that it got quite heated. After 4 days we were on talking terms.
During this time I was dealing with acute depression of which I was seeing someone about, so it was understandable in my eyes that I would be a bit more abrupt than usual.
Anyway this happened on December 13th.
On Friday 26th January I am told that this person has put a complaint in about me 'Bullying' her and that I am to be investigated tomorrow.......
Surely after a month since the complaint this is not right? What I also find infuriating is the fact that they have let me carry on working with this person knowing the fact that she has accused me of this and not once have they told her it's been dealt with or to see if she is ok.
They also waited for me to recover from my depression. I actually told my boss that I attended my last councillor session that day and that I was feeling great and ready to fight the world again. Then she tells me this...... I've rearranged my entire week for days off just so I haven't got to see the persons that put the complaint in because I know something will be said and I know that I will say something I may regret.
I am a Store Manager in Express and believe me when I say that we do not get trained well compared to larger format managers.
Any advice for this would be great as I am so infuriated with this.

FatFraz

Tell them you do not remember fully what happened. Hold on to letters inviting you to investigatory. Hopefully letters will be done in a professional manner. Ask for a copy of any witness statement during investigatory this will allow you to have evidence when having a quiet word with the complainant outside. It is all evidence in the event of a tribunal and Tesco frequently fall down somewhere.

MrK2017

thank you for replying. This is the other thing. Yet again my letter says informal investigatory meeting. the last time they did this it went straight to formal disciplinary. surely this is not right?? surely it should go to formal investigatory?

FatFraz

Take a look at https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2016/04/Disciplinary-Policy-April-16.pdf

Why does the same person complain about you time again perhaps because you have had issues with them.

MrK2017

This is a different reason now. Before was for writing damaging words on social media. I'm not a Tesco through and through manager lol.

And from reading that I gather that they cannot put formal proceedings to a informal approach unless so I've been told it gets moved to a formal investigation meeting.

horatiocain

All investigations are classed as informal now,what they mean is they're not covered as a disciplinary meeting and so you have no right to a companions who can speak and must arrange your own rep.
Make no mistake its very formal and you need a rep.

FatFraz

They will already have decided your fate before you go into these meetings do what you want but a rep wont make any difference to the outcome. All the adjourning to have a think about what is happening is all good for effect. Sometimes the more they adjourn the more they F up.  :)

Shelfstacker990

I need help upon leaving work today they gave me a letter inviting me to an investigation meeting to discuss allegations of sending inappropriate photos/messages via social media to colleagues.  Inappropriate language and actions towards other colleagues to make them feel uncomfortable.

Am I getting fired?!!! :'(

Expressdude2016

that would depend on the gravity of what you have sent .... sexual/racist probably most severe.

Shelfstacker990

Apparently I have sent a picture of my penis through Snapchat!? But there is no proof of this.

blutopia

Hahaha!  I note you say "no proof of this" rather than "I didn't do it"!  Perhaps the investigation meeting will include a police-style identity parade... just not identifying faces!

Shelfstacker990

I really didn't do it the girl asked me out I said no now a month later she's saying these things!! 😓

blutopia

You'd better be careful how you word things in your investigatory then!

lucgeo

Shelfstacker990

Deny....deny....deny....if you really have not done anything wrong....let them prove otherwise! If it comes down to the photo, how they going to say it was you  ???

If they present the photo as evidence, then they are showing you inappropriate images, to which you strongly object being shown!? Two can play at their game...get yourself a rep....say nowt and let them prove their allegations with what evidence they think they have ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Olivia Pope

Hi Shelfstacker, there a few things here -
Firstly you should have a rep not only to support you through the process but emotionally as well. You say you have some social media history think if this will be linked as trend , knowing what's right/ wrong in terms of policy. Now we come to this allegation - they need to have the photography otherwise no evidence and just someone's word, YOU will be able to ask to see the photo, know date and time it was sent and from what number. I would advise you contact your phone provider and ask for data showing texts sent, date, time - if you haven't sent it , it won't show! You will not be able to see statements unless they send it to disciplinary- u will then be able to request copies of everything. Lastly they can not leave you working with the colleague and if I was in your shoes I would want to move and if this is a made up story due to syp then you can ask what action they will take in your defence and the emotional turmoil you have been put through.
IF you did do this - resign as it's gross misconduct !

Shelfstacker990

The girl who said I did this has her whole family in the shop and he brother is sleeping with the store manager and goes out drinking with my manager who's holding this meeting and their mum is an admin to my store manager I feel really like they just want me out. I rang the union they said I only need a rep it it goes to disaplanery?! In the meeting should I ask for a transfer to another store?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk