News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:44PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 282
Total: 285

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beentheredoneit

Apparently a small store near us has been on the Hub for a few weeks. 14 disciplinary meetings in first two weeks.
Main one seems to be using personal phone whilst working (probably s good thing)
Colleagues now a bit scared of what they will be disciplined for next (possibly not so good).
beentheredoneit

kaled78

lots of students in my store use there phones to make lists of what stock they need,before they go into the warehouse

King1999

Stalag Tosco we will work you to death......💀

NightAndDay

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 13-08-19, 04:03PM
Apparently a small store near us has been on the Hub for a few weeks. 14 disciplinary meetings in first two weeks.
Main one seems to be using personal phone whilst working (probably s good thing)
Colleagues now a bit scared of what they will be disciplined for next (possibly not so good).

It's easily arguable that the ca is using their phones for Tesco productivity apps such as inform and InMoment, unless it's obvious from the footage they were whatsapping etc.

King1999

Yep a company that prefers an app to people,I would say they all could have been using inform......if they are zooming in on screens then isn't that a breach of data protection ....... whose to say they aren't taking pins at the checkouts....just love a company that is running on lack of trust makes me sick every single day,can't just get on with your job anymore hope they get sued along the line the arrogant twats.

Hammer10

They are communists at h/0 his new name is Kim Lewis lol alright comrade isn't this how it is in Korea and China.bb 1984 now bb2019

Red75

It's there as much to watch staff as much as anything else. No doubt staff will be monitored to see where the business can make more savings. Not surprised by the increase in disciplinaries. These cameras make me feel nervous even though I do little that I see as being wrong. Maybe I could do something that gets me sacked even without meaning to do anything wrong. I know they say that if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to fear but I still find their presence sinister. I think of many of us, even though these thi gs maybe relatively minor, have done things that we could have got sacked for.

spike_pkh

Its about time people were a bit scared that they will be caught slacking off or breaking policy.. might actually get some productivity now

lucgeo

8-) 8-) One slightest error and a full investigation will ensue...So unless you're Teflon coated, aware of every policy, on a 24/7 available flexibile contract, and related to a senior manager, you'll be in their sights, regardless of how much you may think your indispensable...slightest slip up and your out...you could shout it from the rooftops, what a bloody good worker you are compared to every other slacker in the building, they won't give a diddly s*** mate...your out, replaced by a temp or agency worker.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jobless

thor god of thunder

surely watching people on camera isn't legal? or are they just claiming "management" have seen you do xyz?

King1999

Staff are normally productive when they are happy.......oh wait no chance of that is there.

forrestgimp

Quote from: thor god of thunder on 15-08-19, 11:21AM
surely watching people on camera isn't legal? or are they just claiming "management" have seen you do xyz?

Why wouldnt it be legal? There are notices up everywhere telling you that images are being recorded its your choice if you dont want to work to Tesco after reading that.

penguin

You might find your choice of employment becoming very low if you object to being recorded by a system like the hub as more and more companies are moving over to such systems, we can all see where retail is heading, remote monitoring by the hub or something similar of the staff with one or two managers around to oversee things, monitor anything the hub throws up and deal with any emergency's, and hold the various legal requirements such as drinks licencing etc.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

Come in number 6!!

helpme

The Hub maybe legal while it's being viewed in a centre designated for that purpose but when managers can log on their mobile phone and view the cameras and can zoom in on staff and see what they are viewing on their phones they are going beyond that and are breaking data laws.

madness

Quote from: lucgeo on 15-08-19, 07:51AM
8-) 8-) One slightest error and a full investigation will ensue...So unless you're Teflon coated, aware of every policy, on a 24/7 available flexibile contract, and related to a senior manager, you'll be in their sights, regardless of how much you may think your indispensable...slightest slip up and your out...you could shout it from the rooftops, what a bloody good worker you are compared to every other slacker in the building, they won't give a diddly s*** mate...your out, replaced by a temp or agency worker.
Personally I tnd to give the known good workers a bit of slack with misdemeaners and minor things. Its the layabout always sick always late loudmouths that I will more often "go by the book with"

penguin

Staff making tiny errors like scanning one less bag of parsnips out than actually end up in waste cage, or giving someone 25p to much change full investigation, shoplifter walks out with a big bag full of high value stock and all we can do is stand and watch then fill a form in. This company is blaming its shrink issues in the wrong place.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

optout

@madness

Its good to know that there are people like you out there, 'deciding' when policy should, or shouldn't be followed.

God complex much.
But then I thought God was a fan of the 'sick' and afflicted and not a punisher of them.
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

If there's a book to go by, then everyone should be treated, by the book. You shouldn't just  get to cherry pick who gets disciplinary and who doesn't, merely based on your biased opinion, personal preference or pre decisions that joe's OK, a good worker, I'll let him off with not following correct procedures, but Jim's a bit of a whinger and that limp of his does slow him down, so I'll discipline him for not following the same correct procedure as Joe, with a bit of luck he'll go off again with stress, so I can manage him out of the business. "The meek must go to the wall"

Jobless

If one manager follows the disciplinary process to the letter I will let them sack me with no appeal. Until then I will play the stress card everytime I get a slap on the wrist by some lubricated ar**h*le.

forrestgimp

Quote from: helpme on 15-08-19, 03:10PM
The Hub maybe legal while it's being viewed in a centre designated for that purpose but when managers can log on their mobile phone and view the cameras and can zoom in on staff and see what they are viewing on their phones they are going beyond that and are breaking data laws.

Who has told you they can do that lol?

helpme

Read about it on another post on here.

madness

Quote from: lucgeo on 15-08-19, 09:07PM
If there's a book to go by, then everyone should be treated, by the book. You shouldn't just  get to cherry pick who gets disciplinary and who doesn't, merely based on your biased opinion, personal preference or pre decisions that joe's OK, a good worker, I'll let him off with not following correct procedures, but Jim's a bit of a whinger and that limp of his does slow him down, so I'll discipline him for not following the same correct procedure as Joe, with a bit of luck he'll go off again with stress, so I can manage him out of the business. "The meek must go to the wall"
Not the point I was making or the type of colleague I was talking about.

forrestgimp

Quote from: helpme on 16-08-19, 04:46PM
Read about it on another post on here.

Dont believe everything you read on here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk