Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 126
Total: 131

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terra

That is also the plan with the group business and finance manager currently cover one group rumoured to go to two

Duracell

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 08-08-17, 07:44PM
So now the axe is now hovering over the heads of the maintenance managers , the new "structure" will mean that that one manager will cover two sites.

Yet again it is a complete mad cap concert, with some managers expecting to cover sites over 150 miles apart .

Some have 3, some even more.

I think the Manager that takes on Livingston, Antrim and Belfast with have their work cut out.

Also anyone "under the axe" in this restructure can apply for any of the "New Roles", which may create a few moves and a few surprises.

Another Cherry Picking exercise.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Kingkong2015

If managers got paid for being on the warehouse floor they would get paid very much. A culture of do what I say not as I do is alive and well in distribution. Think drastic Dave needs to get rid of some more dead wood?

Moribund

I think when the dust settles they will then probably purge the Shift Managers now all the remaining Team Managers are duty trained. 

M1lktrayman

This was phase 2 of ??? Phases... give it 12months to settle and all team managers will be replaced by coordinators...

Mozzer

Is this the same as lead managers ?

terra

The first structure change I was involved in was changing department managers to co-ordinators lol

CoffeeGate

In Middlesbrough it looks like the new restructure has taken its toll with 2 out of 3 shift managers off with stress.
They are now advertising for 2 secondments as a Team Manager to cover the two who are basically running shift and will step into the shift manager roles as they have already been doing this for some time. Couldn't be worse timing as those who left have only been gone a matter of weeks and now the warehouse is already in a situation where they have realised there is a shortage of managers! Could there be another company as poor as Tesco at trying to bring in change and making everything twice as bad?  :D

Equalizer87

I know a number of Express (and a Metro) where some of the Shift Leaders have stood down ( some them replacing precious SL).

Just goes to show how badly the whole thing is being run, both in store and distribution.

The SL role in Metro has been around for a year now and my former store has had five in that time. Doesn't that tell you it's not worth the money?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

redcar renegade

Coffeegate would have loved to see latest casualty flip out in goods out how the mighty have fallen this is same guy who in the recent past had no sympathy for people in ARM's.
Good job we have a calibre of ex- shift managers to step in to the breach.we can all see Tesco made a mistake depot as it has been pointed out is running red mainly because of having inexperienced Staff on agency causing chaos in aisles

goinggoing gone

Been reading the many posts on this subject over the recent period - worked for Tesco for 22 yrs and went in the first phase along with 2 others, in total they lost 72 years of knowledge and skills (just the 3 of us) and I wonder how such gaps will be filled when you combine this with all the others individuals who have gone - yes agree some will be no loss but not all fall into that category.
Sadly I left with a bitter taste in my mouth as I (as most others) were treated with utter contempt by the company and the whole process so badly handled that if became a complete farce, the level of incompetence unbelievable!
There was never any acknowledgement of this from start to finish and any issue raised fell on the closed ears and minds from Senior management - they projected the "our people matter" message and yet the reality was that they could not care less about how/who these changes affected and the impact of their decisions on their lives.
Good luck to anyone still working for them - your going to need it with their poor attitude to their staff and unbelievable arrogance from the Senior management!
Keep looking over your shoulder ! You could be next!!
Rant done!!   >:(

Equalizer87

Well said 👍 👍 👍
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

FatFraz

There is currently too many check the checker/Senior Team roles and incompetent Line Managers. I have a LM just now who can't give out holidays without running it past the Lead Manager. You eventually get fed up of the lack of response so go to the Lead direct and he always says "your LM should be able to give you the answer." A simple holiday request can take days if you hear atoll. They could hire a £7/hour admin person and they would be able to do this better.

CoffeeGate

Quote from: redcar renegade on 22-08-17, 07:41PM
Coffeegate would have loved to see latest casualty flip out in goods out how the mighty have fallen this is same guy who in the recent past had no sympathy for people in ARM's.
Good job we have a calibre of ex- shift managers to step in to the breach.we can all see Tesco made a mistake depot as it has been pointed out is running red mainly because of having inexperienced Staff on agency causing chaos in aisles

How the mighty have fallen indeed, i was surprised when i heard the reason for his absence.

Also the aisles its like dodge the llop or the box that has been flung from a cage at the moment!

grim up north

With inexperienced agency staff, together with new remote controlled llop's, you don't know how close to the truth you are with your 'dodge the llop' in the aisles.

Arizonarugby

Let's face it at the moment Distribution is totally f***ed, Middlesbrough has had to call in John Wayne and the cavalry, support of this depot must be costing an absolute fortune in travel and hotel costs , currently running with (effectively) two DCM's ( costing at least  110 pa)

Livingston lost 50 +agency, Lichfield lost 50+ agency, widnes will lose a lot of agency when amazon opens in Warrington... so in short ghe corner has clearly land on a snake ...!!!! The

redcar renegade

Arizonarugby yes it will be costing a fortune to get support for Middlesbrough but when they come the support take the p*ss by messing about when dekitting, not wrapping the last three cages on double deckkers which middlesbrough staff would get hammered for.

Jetplane

Don't want to see anyone else lose their job but surely it's time that someone goes for going ahead with this great idea of cutting costs and getting rid of all the management.  The ones that have gone that I know are enjoying life and new jobs, but that doesn't help those who are still serving their sentence.  Dave time to go you have destroyed distribution.

FatFraz

Distribution isn't half a mess. Our deliveries don't arrive or arrive all at once. The cages are full of damaged stock with items missing.

Arizonarugby

Unfortunately it wil only get worse when the depots fully integrate the one stop in to their distribution network , on top of this they are now also having to distribute cigarettes through the tesco network

Kingkong2015

Time for more managers to go as they don't get off their backsides coming onto the warehouse floor, turn a blind eye to health and safety breach's, smoke their brains out and leave before everyone else, in our dc in Belfast we've still too many managers, costing us a fortune. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

FatFraz

Stores also have too many managers. Our store forks out TM/LM wages to get the cereal aisle finished and for someone to wait at the clock machine to dock colleagues wages who clock out 5 minutes early.

trigger

weed it baffles me mate,would tesco  rather an elite force,on a decent wage,or rely on agency.
BRING ON THE WELSH HA HA HA.GRAND SLAM 2008.
VOTE UKIP.

londoner83

Probably agency coz then they ain't accountable for pension payments/sick/holiday/training.

FatFraz

Quote from: trigger on 12-02-18, 01:25AM
weed it baffles me mate,would tesco  rather an elite force,on a decent wage,or rely on agency.

Agency for the reasons above. I don't bother my arse now. Our TM is clueless and managers are now filling cereal or toilet paper. Just laugh at the managers every night as my to do list gets longer, wages worth less than ever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk