News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:14AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 286
Total: 290

Managers pay review meeting 2017

Started by Woody44, 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equalizer87

"Super Sundays" - Working for free,  people must be gullible
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Me2015

Yup back in the day it was for 'free' but we did make a fuss about it and eventually got paid for them, or time back.  Super Sundays don't exist anymore, you should see the look when they try to adopt a new name for it and get zero 'volunteers' to go in and do more work!!

Ha ha, makes me laugh!!

😂😂😂

lucgeo

It's been fun this last couple weeks, seeing the managers, on the SM's instructions, going round for volunteers for Xmas eve, New Year's Eve  :D the managers are half arsed asking, and most are saying the ain't doing it either  :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Equalizer87

Sounds about the same as the last store I worked in. Nobody wanted to do the BH especially  at Xmas. The SM even tried banning people from taking Boxing Day and News Years Day as BH. I'll say the response was overwhelming, even asked by one colleague if he was doing it, which obviously a no. And everyone else followed suit (barring a few arse lockers running with too few staff for the store to be open, but it was).
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

OvaSees

'Super' Sundays were nothing of the sort. In our store it got the point where they were almost every other week. If you need or rely on them it's an admission that (i) getting rid of nights was the wrong thing to do after all and/or (ii) the company can't afford the labour it needs to run its stores in the way it expects. HR experts call this sort of thing 'discretional effort' and given the way the company has treated a lot of people it's easy to understand that this will evaporate, with whatever is left of management therefore having to pick up the slack.

Me2015

For sure Xmas this year is going to be a hoot!! Sunday Eves will be interesting to see who and how they get staff let alone managers to work!!
I've done my fair share, even worked Xmas day and New Year's Day, that is not happening this year, that is for certain!!
Good luck Tesco! 👍👍

Equalizer87

It will be the same in my old haunt. Would love to go in and see it crumble on Xmas Eve as many of the OT staff will want a long weekend before the big day.

Me2015

Had my 2nd Stage Outcome, and as expected no further movement from the 1st, obviously the SM who looked at my case was getting their strings pulled from above!

So, a day in court it will be!

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

sm90

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll go ahead anyway  :-\

What are the pay periods for 2017?

For example, if I did overtime on Sunday 13th August and Sunday 20th August, will they both be included in tomorrows pay (25th), or will it be just the 13th and then the 20th will be paid in my next payslip?

Thanks

Hammer10

Me2015

So I contacted ACAS and went through all the necessary red tape only to be told nobody is the firm wanted to conciliate about my issues, so I've applied for my case to be ward in an Employment Tribubal; never thought I'd see myself having to take a company I've worked for all my life to court for something I feel I deserve and am due!
Here is hoping the wait is not long so I get the facts out in front of a judge!

lucgeo

Me2015

I stand and applaud you sir/madam  :thumbup:

I wish you every luck with your hearing  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Trickster

Me2015

I too applaud you!

Having been to a tribunal a couple of times as a witness, I have to say whilst you feel daunted about the whole situation it is absoloutly fine and in my experience everyone knows that people are a little apprehensive including the judge so please do not fear this event in anyway.....it is the company that have to fear specially having to swear on oath to tell the truth and some within the senior ranks will struggle with that

Even if you do not win, of which I sincerely hope you do, you can proudly say that you have had a go to make them accountable for their actions. On a side note just because they do not want to consultate with ACAS does not mean they will not settle without the hearing, and it will not be looked upon by well by the judge, as the company has not made a reasonale attempt to resolve the issue, I have seen many settlements made before the judge gets to hear the hearing.

Good luck and well done i for one will be rooting for you!!!!

optout

@Me2015

please keep those on here informed about the result. Even if you have to create another member name to avoid association in light of any 'settlement'. Obviously this will be of the form, 'I heard a rumour that.......'. OR something similar.

If your right, you shouldn't need luck? :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Welshie

@Me2015 good luck
I admire that you have the strength of character to stand up for what you believe in and truly hope it works out for you .

VladPutin

Quote from: Me2015 on 17-08-17, 05:09PM
For sure Xmas this year is going to be a hoot!! Sunday Eves will be interesting to see who and how they get staff let alone managers to work!!
I've done my fair share, even worked Xmas day and New Year's Day, that is not happening this year, that is for certain!!
Good luck Tesco! 👍👍

Four days off for both Xmas and New Year! Ya dancer! 8) :D ;D

VladPutin

Who cares? They're only managers, half of them don't even deserve a job, never mind a pay rise 8-)

JL

Half of them spend the shift as a GA and when you are looking for them to do management jobs like Holidays they never get back to you.

fatboy

Totally agree JL. Think they have been doing the GA's jobs that long now that they actually believe they are GA's!!
Albeit very well paid ones.

JL

20-50k a year for doing filling for an hour of the shift. Then off to the office for some busy time if they've not got there mobile in a shelf.  I would like to see my LM do some of the aisles on a busy night or doing the checkouts when the shift before have left everything.

Me2015

Hi, just out of curiosity, can I ask a question about the managers pay review which this thread is about;

How many did not get a pay award or lump sum due to the change in policy for the pay award?

I'm looking to see if I can get an estimated figure to go on

theresadee

Myself and 2 other managers in my shop

Welshie

Our store has 2 night managers and 1 lead night manager none of whom got a rise .Dont think many day managers did and the one I know that did it was 0.5%

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk