Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:18PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingkong2015

Goods in clerks to go, all depots as well as remaining security in all Tesco security sites!   >:(

optout

explain, does this include stores also?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Kingkong2015

Just distribution at this time but watch this space! ???

Dubliner

Do the above posts relate to manager positions ?

Pochin123

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 26-08-17, 06:19PM
Let's face it at the moment Distribution is totally f***ed, Middlesbrough has had to call in John Wayne and the cavalry, support of this depot must be costing an absolute fortune in travel and hotel costs , currently running with (effectively) two DCM's ( costing at least  110 pa)

Livingston lost 50 +agency, Lichfield lost 50+ agency, widnes will lose a lot of agency when amazon opens in Warrington... so in short ghe corner has clearly land on a snake ...!!!! The

Amazon has already opened in Warrington and yes the amount of agency staff Widnes have lost is incredible, trainer's are training new staff every week and 50% only last a couple of weeks.
Has This Been Briefed Out??

Equalizer87

Totally right, I know a guy who went to Amazon at Warrington and was  let go by the end of his first week. Though what he spoke of it sounded dire.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lackofinterest

apparently working for amazon makes working for tesco seem like paradise. there was something on tv about it comparing it with the old sweatshops of victorian times. treated like slaves!!

Equalizer87

What I was told fits that description very well. Apparently staff got sent home early on occasions to save on unwanted expenditure, something like  20 seconds to get to the next item.  Sounds horrible to be honest. Doesn't mean I'd prefer Tesco though, I wouldn't do either.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Kingkong2015

Distribution still has too many managers still, so why is the company still paying for dead wood? Yeah morale in dc's is at an all time low, but the company can do something about it if it wants.

1 one or two managers per shift after all thought that's why they brought in podium monkeys

2 transport is top heavy with managers as you've got the same amount of clerks as managers why?

3 start being honest with everyone at the coal face and talk to us properly instead of bribing your staff to like the place so we have a better chance of getting a bonus!

4 why do some dc's have health and safety managers and people managers combined and others have both? What a waste of money!

5 take health and safety seriously not just lip service!

redcar renegade

Kingkong2015 in reply to your post here are a few suggestions.

1.managers replaced by podium monkeys why have a £6 /wk numpty telling experienced staff what to do.if Tesco want better utilisation ask the people who do the work.

2.transport staffing levels need looking at more tansport staff in goods out than really needed.

3 we are human beings not animals treat us as such

4 if only one person doing two jobs think of the savings made in salary and savings in amount of coffee

5 Tesco do not really take safety seriously it's easier to pay the compo

6 if staff started to work as they are trained and work to safe system of work  rather than rushing about to get performance the depots would be better.

FatFraz

It is the same at stores. Too many overpaid managers. The nightshift lead is one overpaid labourer. Moral is poor also. Why do we need managers without staff during the day and managers filling shelf at night because staff keep leaving. Maybe the TMs are selecting people they know will leave so they can keep themselves in a high paid labourer job.  ??? The lies are constant in store from the TMs. The PM and CM removal was one of the best cost savings. Stores do not bother with health and safety.

Life after tossco

Quote from: Weed on 19-03-18, 09:12PM
It is the same at stores. Too many overpaid managers. The nightshift lead is one overpaid labourer. Moral is poor also. Why do we need managers without staff during the day and managers filling shelf at night because staff keep leaving. Maybe the TMs are selecting people they know will leave so they can keep themselves in a high paid labourer job.  ??? The lies are constant in store from the TMs. The PM and CM removal was one of the best cost savings. Stores do not bother with health and safety.

Totally agree with weed except every night lead manager we had stayed in the office all night playing candy crush or on Facebook! The store manager was even informed of this happening but they chose to ignore it😂😂 just shows you that all management are in the same lazy overpaid club! And they all think they are better than the GA'S who are the real ones making the profits come tumbling in for the shareholders! Less management = better paid and happier GA'S. Simple solution as shown by Aldi/Lidl

penguin

Quote from: Equalizer87 on 18-03-18, 12:24PM
Totally right, I know a guy who went to Amazon at Warrington and was  let go by the end of his first week. Though what he spoke of it sounded dire.
A mate of mine went to work for Amazon, got told on his first day "your just a number to us and can be replaced whenever we feel like it" at least Amazon are honest about it unlike Tesco who like to talk about being all caring and supportive despite it not being the case in reality.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

OvaSees

Quote from: redcar renegade on 19-03-18, 08:30PM
6 if staff started to work as they are trained and work to safe system of work  rather than rushing about to get performance the depots would be better.
If staff started to work as they are trained at Tesco there is no way they would ever hit the ridiculous productivity targets, get much done on current payroll budgets or deliver anything to the ludicrous standard of expectation. The company can't afford to do what it wants us to do and thus can't afford to have us working exactly as we are trained, a situation that will only get worse as minimum wage drives costs up and thus technology eventually becomes cheaper than employing people.

Notthesame4978

Is there any more redundancy on the way. Dual site express managers for e.g.

FatFraz

Why wouldn't there be more redundancy's. The business has too many Chiefs. With the Booker merger hopefully things will change quickly. SMs should never be in charge of just one Express.

Equalizer87

More to the point, the business is failing. Hence the launch of the 'discount' brand to take on the real threat to Tesco that they've deliberately ignored for years.

The plan is to open up more revenue streams as the main one is completely wrecked.

Olivia Pope

Weed, I'm interested in why you think one SM should not run one Express store - what about the cat3s, the fuel sites legally require a mngr and I'm sure it would be part of Esso's agreement, stores that take Money and open 24hr .... dual site may have a place but is it a blanket approach? Redundancy was not an option for the SMS affected by dual site last time

tescopleb

I appreciate that this is tosco but of my contracted rate is say £9.50 an hour then that's what it is regardless of which department I work in. Otherwise managers wouldn't be overpaid ga-s and options muppets slave labour

penguin

It was not a redundancy situation when the dual sites came in, the standard single store express sm job continued to exist as before, all signed off express store mangers had the chance to apply for the new role of dual site store manager, those who were in affected stores who chose not to or did not pass the interview were offered another single site sm job.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

VladPutin

They need to do something to fix Livingston. We get late deliveries literally every day now. Working and post-sorting 15 - 20 cages that should have been delivered the evening before is no bloody fun at all. Especially when some of the cages are so badly packed you have to break them down and rebuild them before you can even take them onto the shop floor.

I don't care about Livingston DC's problems and I don't want to hear their pathetic excuses. Either do your job or find another one.

JL

Gaza1985

Bullying going on in goods-in clerical night-shift office at Livingston DC.

[gmod]Please do not make the same post in different topics. The other has been deleted.[/gmod]

Pochin123

Not just Livingston that is struggling, all the fresh stream is beginning to loose control. Moral is poor some clerical staff are worried about their jobs some just want to take the redundancy and run (Don't blame them)

Problem is if the clerical operation starts to fail the repercussions across the operation will be dire. Just hope the business has ironed out all the creases, if not it's going to get even rougher. Maybe Mr Milne can offer his team at Livingston another meal voucher to entice them stay on overtime.     
Has This Been Briefed Out??

Kneejerk

(-*-)
Quote from: Gaza1985 on 13-03-19, 06:19PM
Bullying going on in goods-in clerical night-shift office at Livingston DC.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk