Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:22PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

how can i register to get the tesco "inform" app for staff

Started by carlos, 09-11-14, 09:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumb

I've re-registered and now have a tesco.com email address but still cannot log onto inform.

Is there a helpdesk number?

cfaw

If I've forgotten my user name, how do I recover it?

renault1

anyone know the new passwords etc to get back into inform,been knocked out of yammer and inform,tried everything to get back in but to no avail.
why they mess with these things is beyond me,just gets peoples backs up when they are unable to get back in.

Yorkshire dave

Why the hell would you want to download the inform app ?

renault1

Quote from: Yorkshire dave on 21-07-17, 08:39AM
Why the hell would you want to download the inform app ?
if you bother to find out what it is you may consider downloading it.

Nomad

I repeat an earlier point made/asked by others, why would anybody put company software on their own 'expensive' equipment.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

shopworker

Not the OP, but to answer your question Yorkshire Dave and Nomad - because (rightly or wrongly) I am carrying around my phone and checking it regularly already, the inform app is quicker and easier to use than the Tesco provided alternatives, the cost to me is negligible since I charge my phone at work anyway and there is wifi provided. You may say that I am subsidising them providing the needed equipment, this may be partially true, but Tesco will never give everyone their own PDA and I would rather spend my working time doing something mildly interesting than waiting around for a PDA or MPC. It's for my benefit that I use it as I always have access to my phone whereas company equipment is shared. I upgrade my phone regularly regardless so the wear and tear really doesn't bother me.

renault1

Well said shopworker, plus it can come in handy if you are doing a shop in any tesco and you need to check a price.

PS. Yorkshire dave probably thinks it will cost him money :D

alf

Indeed, I've saved a fair few quid because of it.

Ultimately I have/use inform because it benefits me. And whilst a PDA can do the same job, they're a pain to use, and frankly going to get one, signing it out, and carrying it around during your shift is a hassle I don't want.

Now, if Tesco or any manager tried to mandate inform use as part of the job, they'd be told to do one (nicely of course).

The hooch

As far as I'm concerned Inform is the best thing since sliced bread. It's not very often I praise anything that Stressco does however Inform is excellent.

renault1

Totally agree, the same thing with yammer, learnt more about my job from there than any manager could teach me.  Unfortunately still unable to access either of them now after they  messed about with them >:(

Babyface

Keeps telling me dosnt recongise my employee Number .. has anyone come up with what to do next

alf

Are you putting "uk" in front of the employee number?

renault1

Yes yes yes :D it is frustrating and confusing for ex,change password and my employee number is accepted,log in or re register,does not recognise,
perhaps not helping myself by trying to do yammer and inform,what with passwords and usernames getting to me i think the laptop will be through the window soon :'(

alf

renault1

For yammer i am using ourtesco,then click on yammer and follow instructions.

alf

They changed the logins recently so maybe its that, I used https://myaccount.global.tesco.org/

Other than that, I have no idea.

renault1

Thanks for your help, but this is the one that does not accept my employee number.

[gmod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/gmod]

arlo

anyone else having problems updating to inform version 1.86 on an android phone

Flatout

The problem I have, is that Tesco encourage you to use your own mobile to benefit them, but if someone knocks your phone out your hand, or if you drop it whilst doing tesco business, it''s for you to pick up the cost of repair, then they say it is only optional.

Gonzo2018

Does anyone have the direct line for help with inform from calling from home

FatFraz

Managers in my store ask people if they have the app. Unless you have this they say phones should be in locker. Downloading the app is optional and no pressure is put on staff to use there own personal mobile for company business. Colleagues have had there phones broken and taken from the locker rooms in my store but Tesco tell staff you leave/take your property in these areas at your own risk. All said I have my phone,wallet and keys etc on me at all times and the managers don't mind. I always make sure my wallet has no money in it if being put on checkouts. Phones are used on the shop floor in company time for too many things other than company business. Facebook, YouTube and Gambling are some of the waste of times in my store.

londoner83

You forgot to add the mass of people who just have to check Yammer at 4.45pm on a Saturday when by co-incidence The football results come in.

FatFraz

londoner83  :thumbup:

The list is endless.

A few are well known for looking at Shemales too. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk