Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 279
Total: 283

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark calloway

Im a bit thick when it comes to this but I work sun,Mon and Tues nights 10-7. How much will I be worse off?

surlaroute

Quote from: carlh on 18-07-18, 01:52AM
Im a bit thick when it comes to this but I work sun,Mon and Tues nights 10-7. How much will I be worse off?

I'm pretty sure anyone who works any significant amount of hours in a Sunday will be down til November unless we've all got it completely wrong (I honestly hope we have - I don't think we have - wouldn't it be nice if someone who knew would tell us? I know they're reading...)

Welshie

Im a bit thick when it comes to this but I work sun,Mon and Tues nights 10-7. How much will I be worse
You ill be about £1 a month worse off until November!

Hammer10

Just read the guardian article about equal pay they say that distribution still get double time on Sunday  >:( >:( >:(not right have signed up to claim as got a letter from them offering me the chance so going to go with it.As I believe we should not have lost our case last time.

sfo

I reckon £10-15 worse off

hot_chick

So do we sign the new contract ir not?  I've been told there is one to sigh and im just waiting for my manager to get organised and have us sign it!!!!!

JL

Organised management at tosco  :D you'll have a long wait

his scots tie

If your working every sunday premium at time and half will be 15 hours monthly.So you will be losing 7.5 hours × £8.02 = £60.15  monthly.Your pay rise is .16p × 22.5,so £14.40 per month.Thats a loss of £45.75  a month.

Welshie

Quote from: his scots tie on 18-07-18, 08:55AM
If your working every sunday premium at time and half will be 15 hours monthly.So you will be losing 7.5 hours × £8.02 = £60.15  monthly.Your pay rise is .16p × 22.5,so £14.40 per month.Thats a loss of £45.75  a month.
They work nightshift , only working 2hrs on a Sunday, going from time and a half to time and a quarter is a loss of £16.04 over a 4 week pay period .Then pay rise of 16pence an hour for 22.5 hours a week over 4 weeks is £14.40  by my calculation they will lose £1.64 per pay period until November. 

his scots tie

Correct.Thought they worked 10 7 on sunday

sfo

In reality it doesn't matter whether you sign or not. As a matter of principle I wouldn't signal inferior contract. aside from that there is much entertainment value in watching the managers trying to deny and justify the pay cut 😁

sfo

I have a meeting with the managers at lunchtime today and have been told that they have worked out why there is a difference in the two contracts. Looking forward to it greatly.

JL

Could it be something to do with the time and a half going down to time and a quarter ???

sfo

Oh I hadn't thought of that lol I'm looking forward to hearing how I'm better off on less money

JL

Dave Lewis to TM are all arseholes.

lackofinterest

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 18-07-18, 08:51AM
Organised management at tosco  :D you'll have a long wait
:D :D :D :D :D you're not wrong!

sfo

It's just been explained to me that the first November pay rise was not actually a raise but a "front loaded" payment and I was actually overpaid since then. He agreed that i should have been warned that my weekly pay would go down. He has given me until Monday to sign the contract or I will be suspended

JL

sfo it's a no brainer just tell them to suspend you as long as it is with full pay.:)

Hammer10

JL

Hammer10 where's the Fun in that.   :)

Fed-up-of-the-bull

Quote from: Welshie on 18-07-18, 09:11AM
Quote from: his scots tie on 18-07-18, 08:55AM
They work nightshift , only working 2hrs on a Sunday, going from time and a half to time and a quarter is a loss of £16.04 over a 4 week pay period .Then pay rise of 16pence an hour for 22.5 hours a week over 4 weeks is £14.40  by my calculation they will lose £1.64 per pay period until November.

Looks like they are using the pay data from November 2016 - November 2017!!! So the hourly rate won't be £8.02, but £7.62 instead.... crafty

his scots tie

Quote from: sfo on 18-07-18, 12:43PM
It's just been explained to me that the first November pay rise was not actually a raise but a "front loaded" payment and I was actually overpaid since then. He agreed that i should have been warned that my weekly pay would go down. He has given me until Monday to sign the contract or I will be suspended
We all know the pay deal is wrong and has been underhand.Its been craftily worked so very few get a payout despite 5 months pay cut.But its probably been done legally.If you dont sign your contract what then.If you try to claim constructive dissmisal what chance of winning? Your hourly rate as gone up its your premiums that have changed and you agree to that through collective bargaining.Where did leigh day get with ptemiums being cut from double time,although perhaps not best case put forward,they failed.If i where you  i would sign it.

lucgeo

Quote from: sfo on 18-07-18, 12:43PM

So all the unaffected colleagues working weekdays, that also received the pay rise,  are being overpaid ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Paulie

What has November 2016 - November 2017 pay data got to do with premiums being cut this month, mind boggling. You have cut the premiums in July 2018 and your effecting my future earnings and ungentlemanly going against my terms and conditions on my contract without being compensated. It's too bad you want the company you work for to be another Woolworths! and just vanish into thin air.

Mark calloway

This is too complicated for me. I'm off to a dark room for a lie down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk