Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-18, 03:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 78491
  • Total Topics: 1637
  • Online Today: 94
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 49
Total: 52

Author Topic: staff canteen  (Read 45187 times)

Weed

• Smart Arse
Re: staff canteen
« Reply #75 on: 27-09-17, 11:48AM »
Going by that logic londoner83 we would all get 45% bonuses each year also.

tick tock

« Reply #76 on: 27-09-17, 02:38PM »
We are losing our canteen next week to new service.  We only have 3 or 4 people eat in the canteen on nights and I don't see the new contractors providing food for so few in the long run.

Spidercatcher

« Reply #77 on: 27-09-17, 03:30PM »
Could the new firms make an employee transfer to another store even if it's miles away?

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #78 on: 12-10-17, 06:24PM »
Hi was just wondering how the canteen staff that TUPE over to other companies are getting on? Myself and the other staff who TUPE over 3 months ago are finding it difficult. Hard to believe but they are no better than Tesco.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #79 on: 13-10-17, 06:47AM »
I ventured into our canteen for the fist time since it changed yesterday to show a newbie where it was and the person serving was leaning on the counter inside the serving hatch watching a DVD on a portable DVD player and the gun sounds lead me to believe it was not a training DVD.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The-shelf-filler

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #80 on: 14-10-17, 11:10AM »
Since they took over our canteen we haven't seen one cook in a month on nights,days have had food everyday but on nights zilch !!!

cattaneo

« Reply #81 on: 14-10-17, 04:59PM »
the same at my shop 2 weeks not night cook they feed us with sandwich crispy  and danish pastry all free apparently we get one next week

Weed

• Smart Arse
« Reply #82 on: 14-10-17, 05:22PM »
Cattaneo

That's a bit of a wait for a pastry even if for free.

I reckon soon we wont have a canteen with all the low hour contracts.

Cuddlypup

« Reply #83 on: 14-10-17, 06:13PM »
Maisie, our ladies are just starting the process, they have been told everything is going to be cooked from scratch, which doesn't sound very feasible with the staff they will have in there. Can I ask how they are as bad or worse as my ladies currently can't wait for the move they are being treated so badly.

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #84 on: 14-10-17, 06:38PM »
Hi Cuddlypup. We where told the same food would be cooked from scratch. Our so called Chef can,t cook. Can,t   even make poached, scrambled or fried eggs.  No I'm not joking. Unless it,s out a jar or pkt she can,t do it. Has no management skills and has not got a clue. We have had The A.O. of union out 6 times to her as she constantly tries to change our holidays and shifts. She makes up her own hours.  >:D >:D

Cuddlypup

« Reply #85 on: 14-10-17, 06:46PM »
We had heard on the jungle drums that the "chef" wasn't going to be a chef. We shouldn't have expected anything less than a fiasco really. Thank you for the info, our ladies will not be pushed around and heaven help anyone who tries. They have a meeting in a couple of weeks so will be asking lots of questions. Hope it gets better for you soon. Has anyone mentioned Xmas dinner yet? They are a bit worried as they only have a couple of weeks after they change over.

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #86 on: 14-10-17, 06:54PM »
Christmas lunch has been mentioned. As far as I,m aware it comes in as usual and Tosca pay for it. We have,NT been asked to cook it yet. Lot of staff are saying they won,t eat it. Find that hard to believe. Free Food. Tell your guys to stick to there terms and conditions no matter what the new company say.

Cuddlypup

« Reply #87 on: 14-10-17, 07:05PM »
Will do and thanks for the heads up, they have lost staff already and one is staying with T so the new company are going to be pretty short when they take over. Our union chap has been great and is just waiting for a mistake to be made.

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #88 on: 14-10-17, 07:09PM »
We have to get the AO involved as not allowed to use USDAW reps instore anymore cause they work for Tosca.

Cuddlypup

« Reply #89 on: 14-10-17, 07:19PM »
That's handy to know, thank you. Is this NIC causing problems, is it the service provider or is it just this "chef" not having a clue what they are doing.

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #90 on: 14-10-17, 07:31PM »
To be honest with you dealing with the AO has been better for us. We are with Serve st now and the AO has had experience with them before. The so called Chef/ Manager has,nt got a bloody clue. She makes it up as she goes along.

Cuddlypup

« Reply #91 on: 14-10-17, 07:40PM »
Thank you, ours is going to be genuine dining I think, no one seems to know much about them, they seem to be London based.  Will keep updating when we get any info.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #92 on: 15-10-17, 07:51AM »
We have Servest and the standards or lack of hygiene is shocking. Hats/Aprons are never worn....food dropped on floor picked up and recooked.

Additionally scheduling of staff is a joke - it's all or nothing. No service at all on nights; only 1 evening covered yet way too many during the day.

Never seen the staff fridge so full or so many people bring in packed lunches in my entire time with Tesco. They must be losing a fortune as wage costs alone must be 5 times greater than their takings.

Equalizer87

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #93 on: 15-10-17, 12:36PM »
@ lononer83

That's exactly what they want. They probably worked out how canteens made them a loss and then threw it out to sometbing ti take the hit. Then some gormless company desperare for cash took it on and now suffers for it.

Typical Tesco.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #94 on: 15-10-17, 12:43PM »
The canteen staff were bragging about making 100 quid profit the other day, that was what they made over what they paid the the stuff they got in.

They didnt take into account the wages tho.

A couple of things I learnt. The cook is on 18k a year in ours so I would be surprised if they all were not on that much and one guy who has left already was given a blank sheet of paper to sign as a contract and told it would be filled in later with the details.

I laughed.

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #95 on: 15-10-17, 04:33PM »
Really don,t think Servest has a bloody clue!! Our Chef/Manager is disgusting!! Wears the same Off white shirt and Chef jacket all week. Too many staff in at the same time. Nobody to do the later shifts. Thinks she can tell us to change our shifts. Why does,nt she change hers?? :-X

heyyouguys

« Reply #96 on: 15-10-17, 04:42PM »
Xmas dinner as mentioned above cooked by new company and payed for by tesco and the staff are allowed to use in-store reps

maisie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #97 on: 15-10-17, 04:47PM »
Hi we where told by our instore reps and the AO that we where not allowed to use them as the reps work for Tesco. Maybe different stores have different rules regarding the Reps.

marnie

« Reply #98 on: 15-10-17, 04:48PM »
Hey I'm a rep going over to servest can I still rep Tesco staff ?

cattaneo

« Reply #99 on: 15-10-17, 06:05PM »
in my shop the chef resign on the first day at the moment the use agency chef. evening and night not service