News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:08PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatmanpoop

LT he was in a 40 mph limit doing 56 on the aproach to the roundabout.

Geezer100

No doubt something will be done about it.

Little Tinker

Sorry fmp, i explained wrong but he still hit the roundabout at 56 mph though  :o  :o

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

Biffer

Nope, he was braking to around 40 at the entrance to the roundabout, just decided to stay around that speed :(

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

hotlips

How do these nutters get their licences in the first place. A LGV is not a toy and I do hope he gets banned. Puts a bad name on all you decent drivers out there.

one of the famous four
North/South divide is being sorted

Little Tinker

If im empty, il go through as every body else would, bit quicker because theres no roll or move factor.

But if loaded, first things first, RESPECT YOUR LOAD, but still wouldnt have approached the r/bout at 40, bit to fast even when empty, whichever roundabout it is  :o  :o

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

jelliefish

full or empty 20 is fast enough seen to meny accidents

Mr Tude wants to know if it was a Tesco unit that went over on the M1 between j14 & 13 yesterday.Anybody know?

liteweight66

Rumour has it the driver in question is now a company assessor?and will be assessing drivers on approaching roundabouts,if you can' take them at 40mph you are in need of re-training.This all part of tosscos drive to reduce delivery turnarounds and improve DOT "EVERY LITTLE HELPS"

The Guvnor

News has reached me of a Rollover in South Yorkshire late last night.

It was on the A638 just going on to the A1.
The load was ex Doncaster.
It happened around 22.30
It was a Double Deck Trailer.
The driver works for a contracted transport firm, and has cut his head.
He has initally blamed the load for shifting.

There will be the usual accident investigation, and as soon as there is any more news, I will try to update you.

The Guvnor (Administrator)
The Guvnor

Dungivnatoss

jester

Sorry, but how can he blame the load shifting if it is strapped in? Unless it is proven the strapping was done to a poor standard, then he does not have a leg to stand on.

Night Flyer

I know it sounds stuped but you can roll a truck in a roundabout by going too slow, happened to a mate of mine, and that was the ruling of the department of transport!

jester

Blimey, I never knew that. Oh well, learn something new every day I guess. Does he still have his job?

Nomad

I think I read a long time ago about such a thing as a synchronised role, something to do with the suspension harmonics/height of vehicle/angle of bend.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms, than down on your knees.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Biffer

Shopfloor, dont get me started on the strapping of loads, Grrrrrr >:D
Most loads appear to a loader to be strapped properly but the reality is that during transit the cages WILL have a certain amount of movement thus causing the straps to become slack and in some cases, especially the blue 2 part straps, when the short strap is not used and the long strap just hooked into the load lock rail, Grrrrrr :( , the strap actually falls off, therefore giving more movement, etc, etc. Most of the loads i deliver have straps laying on the floor of the trailer after coming adrift from the load lock rail, ( its not my driving either that does it) The worst one being 10 out of 16 straps on the floor, only 2 very slack back straps actually stopping the load hitting the rear shutter and escaping onto the road, which has actually happened a few times at Harlow DC.

Yes, you can have a low speed roll over.

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

Codger

Midd Comp had another rollover last Saturday morning. On the A56 north of the Haslingden store. 8m trailer and a 55 reg unit. I don't have details of the accident but rumour has it there was no other vehicle involved and it was on a straight stretch of road, another rumour is that the driver was forced to swerve when another vehicle "cut him up".
Will post the facts if we ever get to hear them.

Operational Requirements my a**e

iworktoohard

quote:
Originally posted by Biffer

Shopfloor, dont get me started on the strapping of loads, Grrrrrr >:D
Most loads appear to a loader to be strapped properly but the reality is that during transit the cages WILL have a certain amount of movement thus causing the straps to become slack and in some cases, especially the blue 2 part straps, when the short strap is not used and the long strap just hooked into the load lock rail, Grrrrrr :( , the strap actually falls off, therefore giving more movement, etc, etc. Most of the loads i deliver have straps laying on the floor of the trailer after coming adrift from the load lock rail, ( its not my driving either that does it) The worst one being 10 out of 16 straps on the floor, only 2 very slack back straps actually stopping the load hitting the rear shutter and escaping onto the road, which has actually happened a few times at Harlow DC.

Yes, you can have a low speed roll over.

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

i heard from a crick driver that a stobart driver managed to empty a wagon of poorly loaded silvers (prolly 2 long lines stretching the length of the trailer) in one of our depots because he only put 2 straps on at the back of the load and only at mid height, none at the bottom, so as he drove they compressed, and started jolting back and forth and back and forth then skipped under the straps, and out the back... was in a yard somewhere. should of asked for more details =/

does alarm me how stobart drivers manage to fit 110 silvers on a wagon O.o

Chairswan

I worktohard - it is possible to put in 125 silver cages in a 13.6m trailer, but they're lifted on top of each other & i was told by a driver it is a pain in the ass for the warehouse people at the DC to take them off safely & i believe the drivers can be disciplined for it >:D
Can anybody correct me on this ???

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

iworktoohard

ah yes, the night backdoorman was telling me how he managed to do this to a unity driver once. (this was a few weeks back when unity were begging everyone for silvers)

Bigfoot

Only 125? I remember back in the day when an NDC driver would regularly pick up 150! Gone are those days...

"Full load of banana MU's?"

billybong

:)Only 125? I remember back in the day when an NDC driver would regularly pick up 150! Gone are those days...:)
This should be added to the topic about saving £40.000000. ;D
I remember the Old NDC Driver well, Bib & Braces with Casey Jones hat.
He's been gone (retired) a few years now.
Like many characters this company used to employ, they no longer like employing the likes of him these days. >:( There loss.  >:D  ;)

It's hard to make a comeback, when you haven't been anywhere
Kindest regards.
Billybong.

Chairswan

Well BB there is one of the nicer drivers who wears a cowboy hat, you say there arn't any characters left ???  ;D  ;)

Keeping to the topic i heard another tesco wagon struck the imfamous arch bridge on the A4010 recently >:D
Also i heard that another DT wagon struck a bridge on the A413 coming from Amersham>:D

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

jelliefish

why load so many cages !!!! side ways 65, now store needs a cage collection witch means you mite get a second run when you get back even if it is to the same store for their cages why help TESCO they sure as hell don't help us

iworktoohard

Careful in this poor weather! you guys arent allowed to remove curtains on empty loads are you?

Fastway Fan

Has anybody heard the results for the Subby that put the DD trailer on its side on Saturday? It was around Junction 20 on the M6. Think it was blacks or something from Fenny Lock? Anybody aware of how it happened?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk