Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
15-10-18, 11:30AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 81046
  • Total Topics: 1707
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 98
Total: 102

Author Topic: THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE  (Read 79093 times)

oddjob

• Know All
Re: THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE
« Reply #150 on: 21-02-16, 02:11PM »
My PM asked me, as a rep to ask members to see them rather than phone the protector line as a lot of people had been phoning it lately, did make me chuckle, tough I thought let the rebels revolt.

skinny

« Reply #151 on: 15-09-16, 03:21PM »
is the protector line still going or changed its number
 ive tried for 3 days and all it does is ring

Expressdude2016

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #152 on: 15-09-16, 03:49PM »
yh still same number  0800374199

Dontbelieveaword

« Reply #153 on: 19-12-16, 10:16PM »
Don't give out any information about yourself, the managers will try to 'guess' who has phoned. 

Jack O

« Reply #154 on: 28-12-16, 12:56AM »
Seems to me that this is getting a bit of a push at the moment - a nice glossy poster advertising it appeared in our staffroom a couple of weeks back.
"The Labor Movement was the principal force that transformed misery and despair into hope and progress" - Martin Luther King

usualsuspect

• Regular Pain
« Reply #155 on: 28-12-16, 10:50AM »
Why does anyone think that it is confidential ?

US

Grifter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #156 on: 29-05-17, 11:21PM »
I know this is an old post but the only confidential part of the Protector Line is that the person receiving your call does not reveal their identity. I know someone that called and spoke to "Coffee". Was told that was not the persons real name and that they did not reveal their real name but were given a "case number". Why can't you even have a first name? We have to wear name badges displaying our first name. Very strange. And also, feedback is, not useful in resolution to your problem.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #157 on: 30-05-17, 12:09AM »
I believe it's because the protector line is administered by an outside company. I maybe wrong though.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Grifter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #158 on: 30-05-17, 12:17AM »
Yes, I get that. But that makes it even more curious as to why they wouldn't give their true first name. No? What's wrong with saying "You spoke with Dave today"? Anyway, just a point. The main point is that I know 2 people that have used this line and nothing was done.

Duracell

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #159 on: 30-05-17, 12:42AM »
Yes it is a bit of a red herring, I have seen a person get harassed and persecuted for doing so not just ignored, kind of puts people off even more.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Grifter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #160 on: 30-05-17, 01:38AM »
Yes. I agree.

JuMu

« Reply #161 on: 30-05-17, 08:10AM »
I work in Head Office
I was told the following - don't know if it's true or not
It is not confidential and they will find out who has used it
They will ignore the topic and just try and persecute the user
By the way it is run by Tesco

Arizonarugby

• Know All
« Reply #162 on: 30-05-17, 08:15AM »
I believe it's because the protector line is administered by an outside company. I maybe wrong though.
Yes it is (now) run by an external company but as with a lot of "initiatives" within Tesco (i.e. WMTY listen and fix etc.) it is just a paper exercise.

Nothing ever comes of the issues of being that are reported, if they are just covered up , and there is no feedback from on the "external company " to say what action (if any) has taken to resolve the issue (s) reported

doneone

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #163 on: 30-05-17, 10:22AM »
Protector line or whistleblowing. If you are told it is confidential and there will be no comeback, but that is a false statement then surely you would be protected under the whistleblowers law. National press had a good time with Barclays this year.

laughinggravy

« Reply #164 on: 30-05-17, 11:40AM »
I've phoned the protector line and was asked to give my name, I didn't.  Nothing happened in store about my issue, except my manager pulled me into an office to try to find out if I made the call. She didn't. (-*-)
Two opinions are better than one, especially when one of those opinions is mine

bootsdaroff

• Regular Pain
« Reply #165 on: 31-05-17, 04:31PM »
Do not phone this. It gets passed back to the shop who say they are dealing with it. They pull said manager in and the manager and SM go hunting for who phoned. It's rubbish.

Aussieboy

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #166 on: 02-06-17, 05:56PM »
This is true I saw an email with protector line details sent to the Store manager it was obvious who had sent it as Express only have limited staff it certainly was not rocket science

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #167 on: 02-06-17, 08:39PM »
Just send an anonymous letter addressed to Dave Lewis, then copy in Matt Davis, your store director, Store manager, PM and all of the senior team in your store. Then sit back and watch the s*** hit the fan. ;) ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

BrownEyedGirl

« Reply #168 on: 02-06-17, 10:14PM »
Protector Line is a complete waste of time, never used it myself, but a friend of mine did nothing happened with her complaint - quell surprise.

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #169 on: 03-06-17, 09:20AM »
The protector line DOES work, I have used it twice and if the complaint is put into the big Ts language and well thought out, it can have a massive impact.

I cant give anymore details, as this would most likely give my old store location away.

If you feel you need to phone them,get some help in preparing what your are going to say, using as much of the big Ts buzzwords they use when discipling staff
« Last Edit: 03-06-17, 09:23AM by Mr Grumpy »

ardymardy

« Reply #170 on: 07-12-17, 07:28PM »
I once sent an anonymous email to protector line about gambling at my depot, management closed ranks, exonerated ring leader, ran a raffle to distribute the accumulated jackpot (more gambling), and have now removed all protector line posters and POS from DC. Gambling still occurs, just more covertly and not to raise cash for "good causes". As a rep I have seen people grilled over accusations of wrong doing by the same managers, so find it hilarious that they get to investigate and "punish" themselves. Altogether not what it is meant to be about.