Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 02:53AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 479
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 448
Total: 449

THE CONFIDENTIAL PROTECTOR LINE

Started by The Mrs, 21-04-05, 02:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumshie

You can always give it a try.

redders

Does anyone have an up to date number for the confidentiality line, thanks.

hlin

Quote from: stockrotateman on 08-04-15, 05:07PM
Does anyone have an up to date number for the confidentiality line, thanks.

0800 032 0786

redders

outofsight

Someone called on my behalf due to comments made by mgr.
Pm tried to be nice but when i produced documentation to back up the issues she changed her tune.
she put blame for issue on my line manager, bu not mention of the departments manager who caused the issue himself.
She was embarrased that over half the store management team were aware of the issue.
So does work only thing is the manager whose dept it was has now been given a bigger role.

dazzle

Hey guys I need some advice...theres this guy at my d.c he plays his phone really obscene things like c**k sucker f*** you I hate English people get out of my warehouse or ill f*** you up...just nasty things while stood behind people he steals peoples locker keys to steal there food, cigerettes,money.also steals I.d cards to swipe out people for lunch while there still working so they get a bad percentage u know bullying people to p**s them off so they quit the guys a real c..t!!!. Who should I talk to to deal with this guy.

[admin]Please read Supporter Benefits[/admin]

Tegai

The headmaster I think, I find it extraordinary that these people still exist.

valleyboy

@ dazzle

Gather evidence  then put a grievance in with said evidence

sep1985

I emailed them with a long list of issues. Within a week we were audited and the group delivery manager moved in for a week. It works

DairyMaid

I think I know the answer to this but opinions welcome as whatever I do I feel I am in for a world of pain from my bosses. Briefly , food hygene laws and also allergy regs are being flouted in my store , have tried bringing this up and even tried to have the affected goods condemned but Mgr won't allow this due to "budget". Safe and legal book is being blatantly falsified (i.e. temperatures made up and filled in all at one time at end of shift) . My colleagues who are all much senior to me in time served state that we should all stick together and have sent me to Coventry for not letting the subject go . one of these colleagues is my union rep and H&S rep ! Rep states "there is not time to put the correct temps in as you go . PM sees nothing wrong with this , Compliance Mgr and store Mgr do not speak to s*** like me . Am torn between Protector Line , Environmental Health or Leaving as I refuse to join this dubious practice . Whatever I do I am in for a rough ride . Any other thoughts please ???

craftyarchie

@Dairymaid
I've used the line before over a conduct issue and the matter was dealt with over the next few days.  As regards your current situation I would inform FSA or environmental health first.  You should be able get a contact via google.  Bear in mind your EHO will probably only operate 9-5, Mon - Fri.  Mine does and I had trouble contacting them over an issue yesterday.  I'm contacting EHO first, giving them a few days and then contacting protector line and giving all names etc.
Lastly why should you leave your job because others aren't doing theirs? If your instore rep is involved contact your area office as they would have conflict of interest if the matters is taken forward.

DairyMaid

Crafty . I agree , I have been told though that I must follow procedure so Environmental health contact may drop me in it . As you say , it can take days to reply from them , there is not one senior manager that I would trust to bring this to (they all lie as far as I can tell). Leaving has to be an option as it is not possible to do my job with no-one in my dep't talking to me .

craftyarchie

Tesco's procedures do NOT overrule the law of the land, even though they would like them to.  Knowing what you know do you have a moral obligation to inform the relevant authorities?  In my case I feel that every item we have sold over past week is possibly contaminated. I would hate to think that a possible public health outbreak could have been averted if only I'd acted sooner.  I'm chasing the EHO tomorrow morning and after speaking to them I'll contact the Protector Line. I don't want them to try and clean up house and pretend nothing has happened.
There is the matter of being blanked, it is clear discrimination and you should file a grievance, whether it is acted upon or not it would form part of a chain of events that when forced to leave you can then prove a wrongful / constructive dismissal case.

specialgravy

@dairy maid- this is bullying. collect evidence and if you cannot trust the people you work with call the protector line. awful situation, i wish you the best of luck =)

Duracell

Dairymaid, ask your PM  for a copy of the Recent code of conduct, you are bound by it to be familiar with it. That will give you all the information you need.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

mexicopete

Quote from: DairyMaid on 26-07-15, 10:31AM
I think I know the answer to this but opinions welcome as whatever I do I feel I am in for a world of pain from my bosses. Briefly , food hygene laws and also allergy regs are being flouted in my store , have tried bringing this up and even tried to have the affected goods condemned but Mgr won't allow this due to "budget". Safe and legal book is being blatantly falsified (i.e. temperatures made up and filled in all at one time at end of shift) . My colleagues who are all much senior to me in time served state that we should all stick together and have sent me to Coventry for not letting the subject go . one of these colleagues is my union rep and H&S rep ! Rep states "there is not time to put the correct temps in as you go . PM sees nothing wrong with this , Compliance Mgr and store Mgr do not speak to s*** like me . Am torn between Protector Line , Environmental Health or Leaving as I refuse to join this dubious practice . Whatever I do I am in for a rough ride . Any other thoughts please ???

Report this to the protector line. Someone did in my store and it cost the store manager their job, fully deserved in my honest opinion.I work in an extra by the way. :( :( :( :(
The worlds me lobster

007daniel007jam

Quote from: heavyg on 14-08-06, 07:37PM
used it today

T reat E mployees S  uspiciously and C on them at  every O ppotunity

Duty Manager - express

😠

bigcheese

It does work but can be risky as they will prob to find the whistle blower as it shows the store in a bad light so people will not use it any more.

This is run by Tesco and is in your handbook if you get one as they can not afford to give them out every time they reprint them.

Someone used the line in our store and they send 2 people in they prob about when they were gone the store went on a which hunt looking for the informer. It's only there for lip service use it at your peril.
Be warned they don't want the truth that's out there >:( >:( >:(

BANDERSNATCH

What Big Cheese said . Someone (not me) called environmental health about unsafe /  illegal food handling practices and my manager assumed it was me , I still feel I am in trouble for it

mexicopete

It cost our store manager near us their job just after Xmas, it was for gross misconduct but unfortunately they have just been relocated to a nearby store which stinks in my honest opinion as if it had been me or anyone else who had done what said SM had done our feet would not of touched the floor. I have also been informed that said SM is saying they will find out who grassed them up. Nice to see they have learned their lesson and are really sorry about what they have done wrong. LOL. ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

BANDERSNATCH

Lol indeed Mexiano Pedro . That is the biggest problem with an in-house whistle blowing service . I have little doubt that the removed manager will find the "grass" and will do them some damage through the old boys network.

tut tut

I don't give a fiddlers f** if the manager is wrong and doing wrong by the staff and company, I'd grass em ( if it's grassing) to keep the jobs of hardworking staff that are doing their best to keep the company strong... Ffs we are employed  we're doing the job, too many mgrs doing too little.... It's not rocket science !!!!

Duracell

The right way to do it is to chase a concern and practice not an individual.
Allow the company to investigate without bias and when they look to make the decision they are more comfortable thinking they have realised the conclusion rather than it being forced by finger pointing.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

BANDERSNATCH

Duracell . With respect . You say " let the company investigate without bias ". Come on , the higherarchy look after each other , they will always at least try to minimise any potential damage to a fellow manager.

mexicopete

They are completely bullet proof and they all know they are, however big a c**k up they make. :-X :-X :-X :-X
The worlds me lobster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk